GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tinkerbelle UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tinkerbelle UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tinkerbelle UE Diary

Thanks for your response Pixie. It is still with Mbna and I haven't paid anything for 3 months.
    Will wait for any further response from them.

Comment

Barclaycard

Type of account credit card

Date commenced 4/8/97

Approx balance £6k

Arrangement not paid since 12/14

Status in arrears

Account owner Barclaycard

13/4 received up to date terms and conditions in an A5 leafllet all stapled and with my name and present address and 8 pages of terms and conditions
      21/4 received separately a recon agreement should I send this only?
      5/15 sent missing prescribed terms letter
      6/15 received generic response to missing prescribed terms letter, telling me the copy of the credit agreement is fully compliant etc.
      6/15 received another demand for payment giving me 14 days to pay before a Formal Demand for payment, a Default and being passed to Recoveries.
      How should I respond? thanks

Comment

and this is still with barclaycard?

Personally i would send a one liner

dear Barclaycard

Complaint

Please note the letter of blah blah, received at your office on blah and signed for on blah.

It is noted that this letter appears to have been ignored.

Yours faithfully

sign digitally

Comment

thank you for your response Mrs D, your suggested letter will be sent.

Comment

It is a generic response. they all like to tell you it is compliant, but it very rarely is. but you are not to know, they hope that it will frighten you into paying up, send what Mrs D recommends, then when you receive a reply post on here so we can help xx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbelle View Post
              Barclaycard

Arrangement not paid since 12/14

Status in arrears

6/15 received another demand for payment giving me 14 days to pay before a Formal Demand for payment, a Default and being passed to Recoveries.
              That sounds like a Default Notice to me or have you already been served with one of those? If so this may be a typical Formal Demand which follows a DN if you don't remedy it within the timescale they dictated.

Is it headed something like "Notice under s.87 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974" and did it include a leaflet from the FCA?

I'm only guessing from what you've posted so please give us more information. Ideally post up the letter with your personal details removed or email it to me if you like PlanB@all-about-debt.co.uk

With any luck Barclaycard will now sell the account to a debt purchaser.

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks for your response Plan B, I have read the letter again and my account is at the stage where the next step will be to close the account and issue a Formal Demand etc.if I don't make a repayment arrangement.So not quite there yet.

Comment

I have read the letter again and my account is at the stage where the next step will be to close the account and issue a Formal Demand etc.if I don't make a repayment arrangement.
                  Can you email a copy of that letter to me using PlanB@all-about-debt.co.uk

I wouldn't want you to stress unnecessarily or conversely misunderstand that the creditor is or possibly isn't threatening you with something more serious.

Plan B x

Comment

The word default is ringing a bell from previous correspondence as well; will go through my folder tomorrow and email the letter in question above and anything else that refers to default issues.
                    Thanks again Plan B.

Comment

The word default is ringing a bell from previous correspondence as well; will go through my folder tomorrow and email the letter in question above and anything else that refers to default issues.
                      Thanks again Plan B.

Comment

Thank you for emailing me the Barclaycard letters.

The first one is indeed a s.87(1) Default Notice which gave you until 12th April to pay up. It explains that if you don't pay the amount requested (which is only the arrears due) Barclaycard may close your account and issue you with a Formal Demand for the whole balance outstanding.

The second (latest) letter is giving you a last chance (14 more days) to pay up before the account will be closed and a Formal Demand issued when a Default will also be registered with the CRAs.

I can't think why you need to reply to it. It's only routine stuff.

The letter says if you haven't paid up in 14 days your account will be passed to the Recoveries Team. They will undoubtedly write to you and you will probably need to reply to that. Post up when they do.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Tink,

this is normal stuff for Barclaycard, to be honest even if you did reply to it, they would still pass it to recoveries.

let us know what they send next NW xx
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you PlanB and nightwatch for your help and support. It means a lot to me after the awful year I have had with this debt nightmare.

Comment

Type of account credit card
                              Date commenced 2009
                              Approx balance £2.5k
                              Status in arrears
                              OC Mbna

13/4/15 Following advice sent for CCA. Have not had any reply. I did not send it recorded, so have no proof of receipt.
                              Given that this is post 2007 and that I intend to settle when the time is right, how should I respond to this ?
                              Thanks
                              22/6/15 Received CCA from MBNA and it's all there; tick box, names and adresses, date, IP address , original and present terms etc

Comment

As this debt is enforceable should there be any response at the moment?
                                T he account is 4 payments in arrears, I am getting monthly statements and usually two phone calls per day. I don't answer but doing 1471 shows numerous phone numbers.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X