GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smallpaws UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallpaws UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smallpaws UE Diary

Brilliant news Smallpaws. Let's hope all the rest follow suit xx
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks!

It is all down to your hard work and advice on how to approach this - sending hugs.

I will certainly do that with the list - not sure how you would like me to post it so it looks a bit tidier?

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
      That's brilliant news Smallpaws!!! Another one bites the dust!
      Let's hope this trend continues into 2016. It's about time things started going your way after all you've been through

When you get chance if you could do a quick list of the sorted debts and the remaining debts we can see what's left to deal with...

Hugs,

Elsa xx
      Last edited by Deepie; 8 January 2016, 17:12.

Comment

Hi Elsa

I have spent most of the day going through stuff - house looks trashed but I have found I have made some silly errors - clearly need new glasses. Monies have still been paid at £1 month through Step Change partly as they were sending the CCJ money thorugh aand the other creditors were on holding amounts. They didn' like being told to stop - but I only have 7 payments left of CCJ so haven't been as stroppy as I should have been. List is below for you.

1. Mine - Original creditor Capital One – now DLC - Approx balance £6992.45
        Letter from DLC – 11/06/15 – they admit debt is UE but state I remain liable for monies and cite McGuffick V RBS
        Paying £1/month - Step Change refused to stop dd saying I am liable as I have been paying this long – same as some others. Think I should treat as UE and cancel the DD?

2. Mine - Original creditor Fraser Card – Now Robinson Way - Approx balance £1807.47
        Letter form Robinson Way 30/04/15 - refunding CCA £1 – unable to find docs.
        Step Change refused to stop dd for the £1 /month saying I am liable ….. I think UE stop?

3. Mine - Original creditor Faith Card – now Moorcroft - Approx balance £450.49
        Letter from Moorcroft 09/12/14 – cannot find docs
        Step Change refused to stop dd for the £1 month saying I am liable…..I think UE stop?

4. Mine - Original creditor Bank of Scotland Card – now Cabot - Approx balance £3043
        Letter from Cabot 12/01/15 - have admitted UE
        Step Change refused to stop dd for the £1 saying I am liable - I think UE stop?

5. Mine - Original creditor Natwest bank
        • Type of account Credit card and overdraft consolidated - balance £2038.85
        • This was CCJ – has 7 payments left and no longer showing on credit file

AM LEAVING THIS TO RUN IT’S COURSE

6. Mine - Original creditor Natwest Card - Approx balance £3694
        • £1 per month via Stepchange

Ascent Legal took the overdraft and loan but not the charge card – the other two are nearly complete but the mortgage is also with Nat west so I have done nothing to rock this boat. (Mortgage is up to date)

7. Original creditor MBNA - Card Approx balance £7319.40
        This is weird – I can’t see it in my UE diary but it is on the original CCCS pages.
        Sold to First Revenue, then Westcot.
        10/06/14 - Westcot wrote and sympathised with my situation but didn’t offer write off
        30/10/14 - Stepchange wrote and said they had their monies returned
        17/02/15 – debt sold to Reston Solicitors but Westcot had no money in the middle period. I told Step Change but they didn’t revert this on the plan so it seems totally off everyone’s radar for now. Guess I had best not start sending money out - ?

1. - Original creditor Amex - hubby's account - balance £3639.00 - SORTED
        Arrow Global have decided to cease collections as a gesture of goodwill. Will remain on credit file for six years

.2. Original creditor BarclayCard - hubbys – Balance - £2693.20 - SORTED
        Letter from Cabot 29/06/15 – no longer pursuing due to our circumstances

3. Original creditor Halifax Card - hubby's – balance £6968.54 - SORTED
        Letter from PRA group 04/01/16 – writing off this debt

4. Original creditor LauraAshley Card - Hubby's name – balance - £1543.48 - SORTED
        Letter from Robinson Way – 07/09/15 – account closed by them

5. Original creditor MBNA - hubby's - Approx balance £6833.26
        Letter from Link 07/09/15 – account on hold and they will get back to me. Step Change still paying £1month – should I cancel this?

6. Original creditor M & S Card – hubbys - balance £5501.97
        Letter from Arrow Global 11/02/15 – supplied copy of agreement dated 27/08/98 No further contact but they have been paid by Step Change. – Think this should be UE?

7. Original creditor M & S Personal loan - commenced 30/04/2003 – bal £7961.78
        Letter from Arrow Global 09/12/14 returning £! Have suspended collection activity. Have just re-read that and should cease as UE? Think I was confused as to which account (loan or card) I could stop paying for. Please can you advise me?

Phew - sorry it's a long list. Inow need wine!

Hugs,Smallpaws

That's brilliant news Smallpaws!!! Another one bites the dust!
        Let's hope this trend continues into 2016. It's about time things started going your way after all you've been through

When you get chance if you could do a quick list of the sorted debts and the remaining debts we can see what's left to deal with...

Hugs,

Elsa xx

Comment

Hi, my suggestion would be to leave stepchange and deal with this yourself. I haven't had your terrible circumstances to deal with but managed my own DMP from 2003 onwards. Once all the calculations were made by a DMP company it was easy to do (if post doesn't bother you!). You are in charge and stepchange should not refuse to cancel your payments. As long as you are paying these accounts will be hanging over you.

I would cancel your payments 1,2,3,4,5,7 and hubbys 5,6,7 .

Good luck

PS ignore the government and enjoy your glass of wine
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Smallpaws,
            Sorry to put you through doing the list, but it's a good exercise to clear the mind and see where we need to focus for the new year

I agree with Cym, it's up to you but if it was me I would cancel Payplan, particularly as they aren't obeying your instructions. Have all those accounts already been defaulted and interest stopped? If they've been putting AP (arrangement to Pay) markers on your file instead of defaulting you they will last for 6 years after the last payment, so it's best if they're defaulted as early as possible.

Definitely keep up the CCJ payments.

The only one I'd be very careful with is the Natwest one, obviously because of the mortgage. If you intend to leave Payplan it would be best to contact them fand inform them that you are leaving Payplan and ask for payment details so you can continue to pay them directly by standing order.
            For the rest, wait until (if) they contact you after Payplan stop paying them and we'll deal with them one at a time. Most will just need reminding that they are UE, we can also push harder for writeoffs on hubby's remaining 3 accounts if necessary.

Sending hugs,

Elsa xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
              Hi Smallpaws,
              Sorry to put you through doing the list, but it's a good exercise to clear the mind and see where we need to focus for the new year

I agree with Cym, it's up to you but if it was me I would cancel Payplan, particularly as they aren't obeying your instructions. Have all those accounts already been defaulted and interest stopped? If they've been putting AP (arrangement to Pay) markers on your file instead of defaulting you they will last for 6 years after the last payment, so it's best if they're defaulted as early as possible.

Definitely keep up the CCJ payments.

The only one I'd be very careful with is the Natwest one, obviously because of the mortgage. If you intend to leave Payplan it would be best to contact them fand inform them that you are leaving Payplan and ask for payment details so you can continue to pay them directly by standing order.
              For the rest, wait until (if) they contact you after Payplan stop paying them and we'll deal with them one at a time. Most will just need reminding that they are UE, we can also push harder for writeoffs on hubby's remaining 3 accounts if necessary.

Sending hugs,

Elsa xxx

Hi Elsa

It was a good clear out and a good thing no-one called in to visit - there was stuff everywhere!

The DD for Step Change doesn't go out until 1st Feb so have time to sort out the bank details for Natwest and the CCJ. None of the accounts are accruing interest and it looks like I could have stopped the minimal payment on some others earlier but I have been a tad distracted - at least it was only a token figure so not too much lost.

It would indeed be nice to clear the decks even if defaults take six years.

In the meantime am going to sign for the 30 days free Experian just to see exactly what is on there about me - I already know from the site Niddy put me onto that the CCJ has cleared off even with the last few payments to make and that is the worst one.

Many thanks for plowing through my essay yesterday - we have made amazing progress over the last year and it shows when I look at how many accounts have closed smiley faces against them.

What a team, can't thank you enough x
              Smallpaws
              Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 9 January 2016, 18:11. Reason: Fixed quote code

Comment

It's worth it to see how far you've come since you joined us

Comment

Hi Elsa

I spoke to Ascent today - £598.85 or 6 more payments and the CCJ is cleared. This doesn't show up on free Experian (who think my score is good lol) nor the other site Niddy directed me to.

I have found Natwest Card Services who tell me the balance is £3678.44. If it had been anywhere else I would have thought about the CCA route etc but am nervous about rocking the boat for an account that would make Natwest Mortgages uneasy. It seems easy enough to clear the CCJ and then offer the card lot the payment and cut Step Change out of the loop for good.

It has been a snakes and ladders journey but we are making great progress. I feel so much better than when I started thanks to you all.
                  Smallpaws.x

It's worth it to see how far you've come since you joined us [/QUOTE]

Comment

Sounds like a good plan.

Comment

• Re: Smallpaws UE Diary

Hugs SP xx
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

2016 01 29 - letter from Link

"We write to thank you for taking the time to provide us with updates with tregard to your current circumstances and confirm that we have made a commercial decision to no longer pusure the balance of your account.

To confirm - your account will not be marked as settled or satisfied until it reaches the end of statute"

What a fabulous result and thanks to Elsa for her well written letter!

Sending many hugs
                        Smallpaws

]Original creditor MBNA - hubby's
                        • Type of account Credit Card
                        • Date commenced
                        • Approx balance £6833.26
                        • Date last paid 27/10/14
                        • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP with Stepchange
                        • Status added to DMP 19/07/2007

Sold to Link Financial 27/09/2008
                        2014 05 31 - letter sent advising of Hubby's condition and change of payment
                        2014 06 04 - letter from them expressing sympathy and accepting reduced payments and advising me to speak with Stepchange re advising all of his creditors. (all posted individually at the same time including letter from hospital consultant)

2015 08 28 - posted letter today requesting consideration of write off due to hubby's condition and the fact he willnever be able to return to work. Enclosed a copy of letter from consultant "..requires 24/7 support to meet his needs...."

2015 09 17 - Link – letter dated 07/09/15 expressing sympathy that the circumstances have not improved. They are reviewing the account and will revert to us shortly. The account will remain on hold.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

what an incredible result, you must be delighted with that letter
                          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Absolutely wonderful xxx
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

That's great news.

Comment

Yayyy!!! Made up for you honey!!!

OK..... who's next??

On a more serious note, it is nice to see them doing the right thing, although In your husband's condition there is very little else they can do, realistically.

Elsa xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X