GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cymruambyth v M&S - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cymruambyth v M&S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cymruambyth v M&S

Today's letter was redirected from my old address; I haven't notified them, so I assume not.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Right so Wescott are writing direct at your new address but M&S still write to the old address? That will be due to a link on the CRA's then - chances are Wescott will show under searches on your CRA as a Debt Trace Search.

I'd not respond as yet - no point, see what they send next.

Did you see this as I am presuming yours is similar? --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post538278
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks and yes I have seen that; it's a similar account. I did find my original paperwork, but I haven't found it since we moved.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have now had a letter from Westcott to my old address, saying that they have checked that I live there and why have ignored their last letter!

Comment

you haven't ignored it, you read it and filed it

Comment

Good point N W , plod on Cym xx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I have now found my original paperwork for the M&S personal reserve account which Niddy thought was enforceable when he last reviewed it. The terms and conditions are a separate leaflet, does that mean that they are not part of the original document and therefore not kosher?
                Also, reading carefully the agreement for the charge card, it states to lick gum to seel, which surely will mean that those t&cs will also be a separate document??

I'm just looking for ways to reply to M&S so that I leave a paper trail and can tell Westcott that accounts are in dispute!

Comment

You may be referring to the 4 corners rule?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    You may be referring to the 4 corners rule?
                    The paperwork that I sent Niddy looked though it could have been the back of the document, whereas this is a separate folded leaflet called your terms and conditions.

Comment

It won't be enforceable now. A lot has changed since the original EN decision. We also now have Jo on board and I reckon she'll go with our belief that it is not an OD and was a running credit (regulated) agreement.

Do not tell anyone anything. If you REALLY want to leave a paper trail then request a new CCA using the correct address that you live at. Don't get into dialogue - just send a new CCA request. Start from scratch & see what THEY have (to compare against your originals)....
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I have in the last month received my third CCA; although laid out differently the above mentioned t&cs are the same as the originals. All three sets of documents have been identical for both accounts, though not very legible!

Comment

Ok.

Do do me a fave please. Send me the docs in one PDF entitled "last CCA" and another entitled "my original CCA" and let me compare please.

Obviously that means I only want the most recent CCA & YOUR originals please. From that I'll tell you where you stand so you know.

For now, don't reply to any letters (until I comeback to you) .

Comment

Thank you, I will scan and send; review them at leisure, it's not a priority for you to deal with!

Comment

Another letter from Westcott introducing themselves. Awaiting Niddy's verdict on the documents I have sent him.

Comment

Westcott can understand why I haven't got in touch with them but we can work together!

Comment

Working...
                                X