GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cymruambyth v M&S - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cymruambyth v M&S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cymruambyth v M&S

M&S 2

Type of account Personal Reserve

Date commenced 1996

Approx balance £3,000

Date last paid 2002

Are you on arrangement or not paying Arrangement

Status up to date

Account owner M&S
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      At present I am just going to carry on with my direct debit.
      You have three options:

1. Carry on with the £10 DD for 25 years in silence and hope they don't get impatient and issue proceedings.

2. Write and tell them your financial circumstances haven't changed since you set up the arrangement so you're not in a position to increase payments. Then carry on with the DD for 25 years.

3. Stop paying altogether and hope they sell your account to a debt purchaser who will accept the same monthly payments or a low F & F to avoid the kerfuffle.

I note your Personal Reserve account was opened in the same year as mine 1996. I still have my original credit agreement and the recon they sent me which differs and 'doesn't make sense' I don't want to post the details on here but I'll happily send it to Niddy to compare if it helps. It may not.

I also note your storecard started in 1988. Was it a Budget Card? Mine began life as a Budget Card in 1996 which was then upgraded to a Chargecard in 1999 and I had to sign new CCA at that point. None of this matters to me because mine was then "modified" into a credit card and Restons went quiet when I sent them a copy of the Santander vs Mayhew judgment. I wonder why that was
      Last edited by PlanB; 21 July 2014, 17:04. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi PlanB

I'm only going to carry on paying £10 because that will prompt them to take action! I may be able to make a f&f later in the year so that is what I am working towards.

i have now found my original t&cs, which differ from those sent to me , though I don't have the CCA.

I'm not sure about the Chargecard; I will have to study the paperwork.x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

An update! I'm still paying my £10 and ignoring them, but I have now had a letter asking me to get in touch or they will instruct a DCA. I'm hoping to be able to make f&fs later this year. Where will I get the best deal, through M&S or a DCA?

Comment

Usually, In fact almost always the better deal is to be had through a DCA

Although time is your friend here so I would not reply back to them too promptly ( or even at all)

Let them chase you again with another letter, That's 2 months more savings to put towards this!!!!!

By the time the account comes to a DCA they are more mindful to at least get something back although I know you are paying regular amounts on this so they will look for something better than they are already getting ect

As I see it, You have nothing to lose with a DCA and everything to gain. Playing "The Game" with a DCA could take you many months of letter tennis where you could be quietly saving a little more ect. 6-8 months down the road they will be begging you to be a "good customer" and make a settlement......After all its what they want.....That's what they thrive on......It makes them look good to the client if they can recover outstanding monies

Comment

I agree with Spud, better deal with a DCA, unless M&S come back with a letter that I got ,offering that I pay 20%, alas I had no money to take them up on the offer. So I have for the last 3 years paid them nothing

Comment

Now that ours be a letter that I would like to receive

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                  I agree with Spud, better deal with a DCA, unless M&S come back with a letter that I got ,offering that I pay 20%, alas I had no money to take them up on the offer. So I have for the last 3 years paid them nothing
                  Phew....I'm glad I said NEARLY always a better deal with a DCA......Fingers crossed for one of those letters

Comment

Great M&S, despite my ignoring them have agreed to my proposal to pay £10 pcm per debt x2. I may try a speculative F&F.

Comment

F&f was rejected, they were happy to accept the full amount. Another CCA request sent, no reply received, payments stopped.

Comment

And it's been very quiet, no payments and no letters and no paperwork. I await the storm!

Comment

good luck

We welcome their storm - so you can kick their arse
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

A bit of me is a bit disappointed that I haven't heard from them!

Comment

First letter reminding me I'm in arrears, the repayment plan is cancelled and if I don't contact them and make a payment they will consider referring account to solicitors to start legal proceedings or a DCA.

Comment

You know you can get the upper hand good luck xxxx
                                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X