GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Updating UE diaries - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updating UE diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating UE diaries

Sorry if this seems a really silly question but when your updating your UE diary do you just edit the original post? The reason I ask is if you do that it doesn't show as a new post, so no one would realise anything has changed?

Thanks in advance

Re: Updating UE diaries

Idealy, you copy the first post with the timeline of events, then create a new post and edit it to add new info. Or, what you could do, is add new info to your first post, and just include the update again, as a new post.

I personally, just post updates in new posts only. But I think the first two options are easier to follow than my own diary.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Idealy, you copy the first post with the timeline of events, then create a new post and edit it to add new info. Or, what you could do, is add new info to your first post, and just include the update again, as a new post.

I personally, just post updates in new posts only. But I think the first two options are easier to follow than my own diary.
      Thanks SXGuy, bit clearer now :-)

Is there away of deleting posts all together? I do have a habit of double posting things :-/

Comment

Originally posted by ey_137 View Post

Is there away of deleting posts all together? I do have a habit of double posting things :-/
        No....... you need to PM one of site team/mods if we don't see it first ...
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I do mine a bit differently - I edit my initial post with all the details/dates etc in it, and then when I've got an update I quote my own edited post but with the update below the quoted part. Easier to show than explain..

This is my details post - http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post103738

And this is an update - http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post409892

Comment

Thanks DNW, makes a bit more sense now :-)

Comment

Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
              IF
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
              X