GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script jonesyd UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jonesyd UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: jonesyd UE Diary

Originally posted by jonesyd View Post
    I should be here another 1 to 3 months, so your point on that is certainly valid. But ... even after I head back to the US, I'd been thinking about keeping the property I'm renting here (it's cheap) for another 12 months or so because I will have to come back fairly frequently to the UK for work.

And yep, I do have all the original paperwork and I have been thinking about a set aside plan pretty much as you describe.
    The court will expect you to apply for set aside as soon as you found out about the CCJs. One thing to bear in mind is that set aside applications usually require you to attend a hearing, which may not be possible if you are abroad.

Also when you submit your application, you will be providing your current address and the creditor will be given notice of the application. This means they will have your current address and they may change the address on the warrant to send the bailiffs to your new address. You don't have to let them in but you need to be aware that they may visit and never leave any doors unlocked. If you have a car parked outside, it could be clamped.

Originally posted by jonesyd View Post
    I suppose what's on my mind is this: the latest letter from Restons - do the experts here feel real action from them is likely to follow it, or is it more or less phishing?

Diolch/Thanks!
    Were Restons acting for any of the creditors who have obtained CCJs against you/sent bailiffs round?

Comment

• Hi all,

I thought I’d better add a post to draw a line (at least, a dotted line) under my 7 year adventure here:

- shortly after I received the “phishing” letter from Restons las October (2016), I developed a (semi-serious) illness which meant I had to go back to Canada for treatment/recuperation, etc.
      - I returned to my normal life in February of this year and have been working (mostly in NA/some Europe) with a few days in the UK every now and then.
      - in all that time, I have received no further communication of any kind from anyone at my current UK address regarding the 2010 credit card debts or any default CCJs related to them.

I realise that the 2010 credit card debts are now firmly statute-barred, which feels great - I could never have got to that without the support of this forum!

So I guess the only worry I have now is the chance Restons (or some other) will try and enforce against me using the 2 default CCJs which seem to have been issued (I haven’t checked the records) when I was living abroad full-time from 2011 to 2016, but the silence since last October makes me hopeful that I’ll hear no more of that.

I still have the small house I'm renting in the UK that I have used since early 2016, and will keep it until the end of this year - I’'m using it when I visit or have work here - after which I'll be moving to Canada permanently. I therefore still have have a bank account/utility bills/pay council tax/car tax, etc, which all have my name and DOB, so I guess there is still a possibility that some other Restons-like group may yet find and pursue me …

Unless or until then, though, I bid you all thanks once more and wish you all the very best of luck with all your endeavours!

Cheers, jonesyd

Comment

Working...
      X