GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ignorant newbie doesn't know where to turn - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignorant newbie doesn't know where to turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ignorant newbie doesn't know where to turn

not a clue

is that all the letter said?

Comment

Handwritten at the top in red biro is A.P.E.X

Then EuroDebt Financial Services and an address in Bedford

Then Barclays (recoveries) 13 digits [sic]
      PO Box address in Manchester

7/10/13

Our Ref: [6 digits]

Your ref: [13 digits]

Client Name: Mr [not oh's name]

Dear Sirs,

Please be advised that as of today's date we are no longer acting on this clients [sic] behalf, all future queries / correspondence [sic] should be forwarded directly to your clients.

Many thanks

[name]
      Client Services Manager

It looks photocopied and there's a load of pages of bank statements from 2011/12 and a Barclays compliment slip, the address matches the Manchester one at the top of the letter.

It looks like he was making payments to recovery agencies but not any of the ones now chasing. I feel dirty just looking

Comment

sounds like something you shouldn't have, just keep a hold of it

and see if you hear anything else, I wouldn't be making any payments at all, hubby isn't is he?

Comment

Thanks, I'll pop it in the pile for him to deal with when he gets home (otherwise known as the ShoveItInADrawerAndForget method, just like mine!)

They're not getting a penny I don't have to give them, bullying f*ckwits!

Comment

not a good thing to shove in a drawer

spend a couple of minutes sorting out a wee filing system

then if the worst ever comes to the worst you have a lovely neat paper trail for the legal bods

Comment

Shit shit shit (please let me know if you'd like me to edit the swearing!)

Letter from BCW - as it was an overdraft, there's no CCA and therefore they say the debt stands

Letter from 1st Credit - copy of statements saying that the last payment was December 2012 and they expect the full balance to be paid.

What do I do next? I feel sick. I don't have the money.

Comment

Hi hun,
                Ist Credit: Was it JUST statements they sent in response to your CCA Request, or are there any terms and conditions or anything that looks like a reconstituted agreement in there? If there was no agreement plus 2 lots of T&C's they haven't completed the CCA Request. We'll point you to the right letter to send them depended on your answer

BCW: If it was me I would wait a week or so then send the response letter in this post: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post159405

That'll buy you some more time and confuse them.
                Elsa x

Comment

1st Credit: There's a letter that makes absolutely no sense, 2 pages of credit agreement then the breakdown of payments made. But they're well outwith the 14 days period within which they're supposed to provide it? I sent the letter requesting it weeks ago.

BCW have sent copies of bank statements up to Feb 2012, their complaints procedure and a letter saying that they've investigated blah blah waffle and oh still owes them the money.

Comment

Technically he's not actually living here at the moment. So I could stick the envelopes back down and Return To Sender??

Comment

Originally posted by SantanaBunny View Post
                      Am i allowed to swear on here?
                      Fuck, yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Could your parents look after the 1 year old while you do it at the library?
                        Or invest in a roll of duct tape?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ducttapebaby.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1399830

Comment

Hi, just checking if all is OK? Hope Cloggy didn't put you off posting again

Best wishes
                          IF
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            No they won't go away and they rarely respond in 14 days but whilst it remains outstanding they cannot enforce the debt. This is why we say send a cca (to stop enforcement)
                            Yes, it should preclude enforcement, but the defendant would have to remind the court of the effect of failure to provide a copy of the requested agreement. If the defendant does not do that, it is not unknown for the judge to find for the claimant.

Comment

Working...
                            X