GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ignorant newbie doesn't know where to turn - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignorant newbie doesn't know where to turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ignorant newbie doesn't know where to turn

Could your parents look after the 1 year old while you do it at the library?

Or you could perhaps open up to your parents...there's nothing to be ashamed about for being in debt.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's not my debt, and i can't face the inevitable disappointment. My mil has offered to pay it off but i don't think that's the right way to go about it - they're bullying me and i won't stand for that.

Comment

s there anyone i should report the fake barclays letter to?

Comment

It's not fake. It's normal for a dca to send letters from the OC once they're assigned the debt.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ah, ok. Was hoping to get them into trouble

Hopefully have printing problem sorted, mate will print then send to me to send off!

Comment

Hiya

Just had a quick read of this and didn't want to log off without writing a response.

I know its easier said than done but first thing to do is take a deep breath

The letters you are receiving are designed to be threatening and cause emotional distress. They want you to be stressed because if you're stressed you are likely to make decisions that you wouldn't have done under normal circumstances (for example allowing your M-I-L to pay the alleged debt!).

What leaps out at me immediately is that you've been offered a 70% discount off the debt. Now this is either intended to tempt you into contacting them (at which point they will try to get contact information from you so they can harrass you some more), or they know they have little chance of collection so are trying a last ditch attempt at getting some money.

Once the CCA requests are in the post you are back in control - each day they do not provide a response they are in default not you. It's also a good place to start as you have little information at the moment about the alleged debts.

Its a waiting game (which unfortunately can be difficult as its human nature to want to get things sorted quickly), but the longer things stretch on, the better they tend to favour you.

SnV
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That was a typo... she meant they gave her 30% off and want the 70% paid in full.....

Edited to add quote:

Originally posted by SantanaBunny View Post
                Oops sorry, discount is 30% - they want him/us to pay 70% of the "total"

Comment

Thank you

<breathes in>

<breathes out>

Comment

((( hug ))) I know exactly how you feel, I've only just started on this journey myself and I go from feeling amazingly in control one day to "Oh my god they will take all my childrens toys & socks!" the next...

They make you believe in the boogie man... don't let them. He isn't real...

I might put that as my signature actually! lol

Seriously.. the worst that could happen is you get a huge reduction in what you owe in a final offer... the best that could happen is they jog on and leave you debt free...

Comment

CCA letters posted today. OH thought it was all dealt with years ago and has had no contact in well over 6 years as far as he can remember fingers crossed!!

Comment

Letter received from 1st Credit dated 3/2 saying documents have been requested from the creditor. No further contact.

Letter from BCW dated 5/2 saying my concerns have been noted and a Cease All Action placed on the file, plus copy of their complaints procedure. No further contact.

Letter from Bryan Carter LLP (CCA sent a week later than the others) dated 10/2 and telling me to request the cca from their client. They want me to contact them with my payment proposals. The 5 day deadline they originally set me expired Friday 7/2. No further contact.

Is any of this a good result???

Comment

Originally posted by SantanaBunny View Post
                          Letter received from 1st Credit dated 3/2 saying documents have been requested from the creditor. No further contact.

Letter from BCW dated 5/2 saying my concerns have been noted and a Cease All Action placed on the file, plus copy of their complaints procedure. No further contact.

Letter from Bryan Carter LLP (CCA sent a week later than the others) dated 10/2 and telling me to request the cca from their client. They want me to contact them with my payment proposals. The 5 day deadline they originally set me expired Friday 7/2. No further contact.

Is any of this a good result???
                          Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing......

If it were me I'd see what they do next........

Comment

Oh God, yes! I won't be doing ANYTHING until they do!

Do you think they might have gone away now? They're all outside the 14 day window for providing the CCA thingumajiggy...

Comment

No they won't go away and they rarely respond in 14 days but whilst it remains outstanding they cannot enforce the debt. This is why we say send a cca (to stop enforcement)
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Got a letter today from "Barclays" containing a load of what look like bank statements plus a letter saying that they will no longer be acting on behalf of their client <not oh's name> any idea what that is?

Comment

Working...
                                X