GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    In May (last month) both myself and Jo said it was UE so you went and replied to them sending a MPT (why? I'd not have done that)!!
    One thing I've learned from this forum is not to do anything without posting on here and taking advice, or consulting "behind the scenes".

Appreciate you must deal with loads of emails and situations so can't remember everything, but In this case the action of replying to them (and indeed the text of that reply) was approved by you Niddy, prior to sending it.

I will proceed with the course of action you recommended and get the batches sorted. Nothing to lose, and worst case they have the small payment that I'm no longer making to them on my UE Virgin Mastercard Some you win... some you don't?

Thanks for confirming that my thoughts around the prescribed terms were b****cks by the way

Comment

Ahh well never mind anyway; they tend to do what they want whether you respond or not but lets hope it stays UE eh
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ahh well never mind anyway; they tend to do what they want whether you respond or not but lets hope it stays UE eh
        We can hope. I've zapped over the PDFs for a quick once over like you suggested mate.

Comment

why are you writing back - once I say it's UE you can just go quiet - each time you respond they can remedy previous errors......

However as per my email, I need you to send me the batches of responses you've received so I can properly look at things as I think it's now enforceable as a result of your repeated letters to them.....

In May (last month) both myself and Jo said it was UE so you went and replied to them sending a MPT (why? I'd not have done that)!!

Let's see - awaiting your email.
          Actually, you did say to send a missing terms template letter on the post quoted below:

Well the CCA doesn't have original terms plus other stuff.

In honestly, if it was me I'd literally send a missing PT's template to make them aware there's a fault but leave it vague - don't tell them what's actually wrong

Comment

Hello
            Nice to see someone stuffing the bankers

I am not sure what the missing PT letter is to be honest but I expect I will learn

Maybe it is a different debt but weren't you told to send a missing PT back in the middle of May and you then said you had composed one and were just waiting for Niddies OK. I guess he gave it to you.

What have they sent you that makes all the difference as I am waiting on a CCA response from Cabot. I was told a week ago it had been sent but not arrived yet, not the first time a DCA has told me something is in the post that doesn't arrive

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
              Actually, you did say to send a missing terms template letter on the post quoted below:
              Maybe so but I don't just deal with one case so things can get confused when I've got hundreds of emails to go through.

I do remember this now, it's not a missing PT's which was sent back. It was customised heavily and was in fact fine to send. However, In the norm I'd be saying not to.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Wooster View Post

What have they sent you that makes all the difference
                a signed agreement

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
                  Here you go guys.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21158[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21160[/ATTACH]
                  Rubbish! They bought the account because it was already in default. They can't issue a default notice because the notice is for you to pay the arrears and be up to date with your account so you can keep your card. PRA are not going to give you a new card, are they? The default will be there for 6 years even if you pay them, makes no difference so not paying them does not affect your credit record. They think we all believe in Santa or what?

Comment

I like how PRA keep stating the threat that not paying can affect your credit record. By the time PRA get hold of it the odds are that your credit record is already well and truly fekked!
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      I like how PRA keep stating the threat that not paying can affect your credit record. By the time PRA get hold of it the odds are that your credit record is already well and truly fekked!
                      Noddle says I have a 'disaster rating' of just over 100! It also shows regular searches by the PRA Group (of course...) and Link Financial...

Comment

I have checked my credit report for close on 6 years...and I've no intention of doing either!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Virgin Mastercard (MBNA)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £1500

Date last paid: June 2014

Defaulted: 2012?

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange until June 2014, nothing since then

Account owner: Aktiv Kapital

04/08 - CCA request sent to Aktiv Kapital
                          14/08 - Response from AK. Acknowledging request for agreement under S 77-79 of the CCA. Will endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed time frames. Have put the collection process on hold until the information is provided.
                          27/10 - Letter from Aktiv Kapital - here's your CCA, now pay up. Documentation is good, signed credit agreement with full T&C's, all prescribed terms, correct APR, charges, address at the time etc.

28/10 - Preparing token payment offer
                          30/10 - Change of plan based on Niddy's advice - just leaving it for now
                          6/4/16 - I've just noticed the thread on here about all pre-2007 Virgin cards being irredeemably unenforceable... Niddy suggested on that thread to send the CCA to take a look... that's what I'll do
                          9/5/16 - Niddy says irredeemably
                          - payments stopped

16/6/16 Evening all, another day more PRA crap to deal with. This time for the Virgin Mastercard. They are sorry to see that I've not maintained the agreed payment and urge me to give the matter my full attention to avoid "further action".

Right - I think this one may be worth a customised UE letter quoting PRA Group vs Kelsey - so that they know that I know, as it were. I won't do anything until the good folks on here have kindly weighed in on the matter and the Boss has given thumbs up or thumbs down...

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post

Right - I think this one may be worth a customised UE letter quoting PRA Group vs Kelsey - so that they know that I know, as it were. I won't do anything until the good folks on here have kindly weighed in on the matter and the Boss has given thumbs up or thumbs down...
                            I'm not sure about that. It may be best to just file it away. If it's irredeemably UE then they probably won't get far should they chance taking you to court. Wait and see what others say though as this is only my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              I'm not sure about that. It may be best to just file it away. If it's irredeemably UE then they probably won't get far should they chance taking you to court. Wait and see what others say though as this is only my opinion.
                              Yes, will wait, thanks. I'd rather not get as far as court if possible. Depends if Virgin card statuses will mean much to them.

Comment

OR - read this -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Unenforceable!

ps PRA v Kelsey is AAD -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...22-August-2014

Comment

Working...
                                X