GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Miss-Treated's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miss-Treated's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miss-Treated's UE Diary

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
    Are you cast iron positive that they are Statute Barred, Miss Treated?
    Hi Elsa

As sure as I can be.

I last made a payment to one overdraft for £10 on 14-07-2008.
    I have made no payments to the other overdraft since 2006.

There is a possibility that the CAB 'admitted' these debts when it sent an I&E statement with a total figure owing (sum of three accounts) to NatWest but that was back in April/May 2008.

The SAR from NatWest does not contradict any of the above, and it did not include a copy of the CAB statement of 2008.

There were credits to both overdraft accounts in August 2013 but that was repayment of overcharges and a 'compensation' payment from NatWest. They did this without me asking them to do it.

Comment

That's good. I'm always wary of sending SB letters unless absolutely sure in case it alerts them that time is running out for a claim.
      I can't see the CAB I&E being a problem.

Comment

Hi again everyone

Well, I did as advised on here and wrote to NatWest. I pointed out the error of their ways and accused them of harassing me.

I have recently received a reply to my 'complaint'.

Amongst the usual waffle it says:

I see the Bank has previously issued default notices to you in relation to the three accounts on 5th December 2006. I can see these have been issued again on 14th August 2014 but I am unable to ascertain why this was done. I am therefore upholding this aspect of your complaint and I am deeply sorry for the error. I have decided to compensate you with £100 for the distress and inconvenience this has caused as a result. I can confirm that the bank does not intend to register and adverse data regarding these accounts to your credit file.

Blah...blah...blah.

However, I am unable to provide an outcome about the validity of the outstanding balances.

Enclosed with this letter was a cheque for £100

So, once again, I have been rescued by this forum, thank you all so much for the good advice you gave me.

I didn't expect them to admit two of the debts were SB but at least they have now been told that they are so if they start chasing them again I can just refer them to my last letter.

What a forum this is - so many lovely people and so much good advice. It is nearly two years since I 'bit the bullet' and stopped paying anyone (although it took me six months to build up the courage to do it). If any newcomers read this, take my advice; put yourselves into the hands of the experts on here.

Miss-Treated. x

Comment

Brilliant Miss-Treated, I'm so pleased for you.......love good news on AAD

Bestest
          IF
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I too like good new's well done xx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello Miss T,
              just checking in to see if every thing is tikaty boo?

NW
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                Hello Miss T,
                just checking in to see if every thing is tikaty boo?

NW
                Thanks for asking, Nightwatch.

All is well. I am still playing the waiting game for 2 accounts to go SB (another 3+ years) but at least they only total about £1600. Everything else is now SB or 'agreement misfiled' so no immediate worries.

x.

Comment

good to hear, take care xx

Comment

Working...
                  X