GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sharon2345 Unenforceability Diaries - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharon2345 Unenforceability Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharon2345 Unenforceability Diaries

Originally posted by Sharon2345 View Post
    HSBC Loan
    Interest frozen, defaulted 2005/6. Default issued in 2006 on credit file.

Name: HSBC

Type: Loan

Date commenced: not sure probably 2002

Approx balance £21,113

Date last paid: 1st May 2013

Arrangement: not paying previously paying £14 via dmp

Account owner: CL Finance, collection activity by Howard Cohen.

4/2013 - CCA request sent

NO CCA documents received

12/08/2013 - Received letter from Lewis Debt Recovery demanding full balance someone will visit my house to collect.

16/08/2013 - Sent Sold in Dispute letter

29/08/2013 - receive a letter from Howard Cohen threatening County Court action

31/08/2013 - received letter from Lewis Debt Recovery demanding payment. - TO IGNORE maybe letters crossed in the post

02/09/2013 - sent Howard Cohen 'Threat of creditor to commence litigation' letter
    After my threat to commence litigation letter Howard Cohen has sent me a letter stating:we acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 30th August 2013. Your account which is the subject of this matter was already in default when it was assigned to our client, CL Finance ltd on 28 Sep 2007. Therefore requests made in line with s78 of the consumer credit act 1974 are not applicable to your account because the said legislation only refers to running-credit agreements in any event.
    We are fully aware of the decisions in the matters of R.B.S v Mcguffick and HSBC v Carey cases which you refer to, but we note that you have previously acknowledged the debt in any event with payments being made via our clients financial solutions Unit with the last payment of xxx being received on 9 May 2013.
    we are currently without instruction therefore, please remit your repayment proposals direct to Lewis debt services accordingly.

What do I do with this now? Ignore or send another letter?

Comment

Send a new cca to the DCA. Cover yourself.

HC are talking shyte. Your account is live
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Send a new cca to the DCA. Cover yourself.

HC are talking shyte. Your account is live
        The account was sold to CL finance in 2007 I saw it on my credit file. Howard Cohen was collecting on behalf I sent CCa to Howard Cohen. So you are suggesting I send one to CL Finance now?
        i heard they are all one company CL Finance/Howard Cohen/Lewis debt recovery?

Comment

Yes send a cca to CL
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

HSBC Loan
            Interest frozen, defaulted 2005/6. Default issued in 2006 on credit file.

Name: HSBC

Type: Loan

Date commenced: not sure probably 2002

Approx balance £21,113

Arrangement: not paying previously paying £14 via dmp

Account owner: CL Finance, collection activity by Howard Cohen.

NO CCA documents received

12/08/2013 - Received letter from Lewis Debt Recovery demanding full balance someone will visit my house to collect.

16/08/2013 - Sent Sold in Dispute letter

29/08/2013 - receive a letter from Howard Cohen threatening County Court action

31/08/2013 - received letter from Lewis Debt Recovery demanding payment. - TO IGNORE maybe letters crossed in the post

02/09/2013 - sent Howard Cohen 'Threat of creditor to commence litigation' letter

14/09/2013 - Receive letter from CL Finance stating they aknowledge my CCA request dated 30th August 2013 but it was sent April 2013. They state they will contact the original lender for the documents. ON HOLD until then.
            Howard Cohen have now sold this account onto Robinson Way who state the full balance is owing. What do I do now? Do I ignore or do I CCA them now?

Comment

I would send Account Sold whilst in Dispute to Robinson Way.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                I would send Account Sold whilst in Dispute to Robinson Way.
                Ok many thanks for your help. I also have my Cahoot one which was managed by APex (not sold to them) and now it seems Moorcroft have been tasked to look after it. They are demanding payment too should i send them the same letter?

Also when companies sell debt on does the purchaser know its in dispute?

Comment

Ok many thanks for your help. I also have my Cahoot one which was managed by APex (not sold to them) and now it seems Moorcroft have been tasked to look after it. They are demanding payment too should i send them the same letter?
                  Yes, whenever a new dca takes over a debt (whether or not they've actually bought it) send the SWID letter.

Also when companies sell debt on does the purchaser know its in dispute?
                  I think that's quite rare...if it happens at all. But remember, they pay pennies for these debts so they're not bothered. They probably hope they can convince you otherwise when you tell them it's in dispute.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes, whenever a new dca takes over a debt (whether or not they've actually bought it) send the SWID letter.

I think that's quite rare...if it happens at all. But remember, they pay pennies for these debts so they're not bothered. They probably hope they can convince you otherwise when you tell them it's in dispute.

Many thanks for your advice..........very interesting.

I have ignored the Moorcroft one for 3 weeks i hope they dont start coming to my door. Ill get these letters out tommorow.

Comment

A collector from Moorcroft came to my door. I didn't even give him the chance to say which account he was attempting to collect on (they had 2 of mine at the time)...I just told him to go away and shut the door and he went away.

Comment

A collector from Moorcroft came to my door. I didn't even give him the chance to say which account he was attempting to collect on (they had 2 of mine at the time)...I just told him to go away and shut the door and he went away.
                        Thing is this is my parents house and i dont want them worrying or even speaking to Moorcroft.

Do they turn up unannounced or do they write first to say they will visit?

Comment

They usually send a letter first and you'd respond with the that of a doorstep visit template.

Even if you get a letter saying they're going to visit they don't always. I've had loads of threats but that was the only visit I've had.

Comment

Can someone send me the link or template letter for doorstep harrasment. I need to send but i cant access from the website.

Comment

Cahoot Flexi Loan
                              Interest frozen, defaulted 2005/6. Default issued on credit file in 2006.

Name: Cahoot Flexi loan (Santander)

Type: Flexi online loan

Date commenced: 2005

Approx balance: £6,656

Arrangement: not paying now previously token payments via dmp

Account owner: Santander - Apex Credit Mgt Collecting Agents

5/2013 - CCA response received from Apex
                              16/08/2013 - CCA documents emailed to NIDDY
                              10/09/2013 - UNENFORCEABLE!!!
                              14/09/2013 - Sent missing PT letter.
                              28/11/2013 - Apex send letter demanding full balance. Will ignore!
                              21/02/2014 - Original creditor Santander sent letter telling me MOORCROFT will be looking after my account now. IGNORING
                              15/03/2014 - Moorcroft letter demanding payment IGNORED
                              28/03/2014 - Sent Moorcroft Sold in Dispute Letter
                              07/04/14 - Moorcroft send letter how to make a CCA request
                              23/04/14 - Moorcroft sent a threaten to visit home letter
                              29/04/14-Sent doorstep letter
                              30/05/14-Moorcroft sent person to call at my door. I AM VERY ANGRY NOW

Moorcroft sent someone to knock at my door even when I sent them a doorstep letter. You can imagine my family were in shock and did not know about this and I am very angry. What can I do in this case?
                              This debt is being disputed as Santander have not fulfilled my CCA request.

Comment

Moorcroft sent someone to knock at my door even when I sent them a doorstep letter. You can imagine my family were in shock and did not know about this and I am very angry. What can I do in this case?.
                                I'd be furious if it was me. It's a shocking invasion of your privacy if nothing else. You sent them the Doorstep Template letter over a month ago so there's no excuse. I'm not sure whether you should follow it up with a complaint but keep the details of the day/date/time etc in case you ever need to prove harassment. Did the doorstep collector leave a card or letter or anything to prove his visit?

Incidentally I see this is an old Cahoot Flexlioan account. Have you read Oscar's thread on rate-jacking? He got back over £3k. It's not relevant at the moment since the account is in default of your CCA request, but if ever they start to turn up the heat then you've got a possible claim for overcharging up your sleeve.

Always good to have two irons in the fire

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post126008

Comment

Working...
                                X