GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sharon2345 Unenforceability Diaries - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharon2345 Unenforceability Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharon2345 Unenforceability Diaries

Originally posted by missy View Post
    Hi Sharon,
    Welcome to AAD
    I would write to the DMP advising them you no longer require their services and they are to not expect any further payments from you.

Cheers
    Missy

Edit: Have you heard anything from Arrow RE: Egg - i see you are approaching 6 years on that one?!
    I am waiting on hearing from Arrow Global regarding the 'missing PT letter' i sent them. Not heard anything but no doubt i will. I have checked my credit report this debt default no longer appears on my file. So longer than 6 years this was opened and defaulted.

Thanks for the advise on DMP i will send a letter out asap!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon2345 View Post
      I am waiting on hearing from Arrow Global regarding the 'missing PT letter' i sent them. Not heard anything but no doubt i will. I have checked my credit report this debt default no longer appears on my file. So longer than 6 years this was opened and defaulted.
      Do you have a copy of your credit file with the default on? If so, and its Statue Barred (i assume you stopped payments at or before the default date), then i guess the reply to any litter they send maybe different.

Thanks for the advise on DMP i will send a letter out asap!
      No problem, all the best with it
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Do you have a copy of your credit file with the default on? If so, and its Statue Barred (i assume you stopped payments at or before the default date), then i guess the reply to any litter they send maybe different.

No problem, all the best with it
        No I stopped paying through dmp in may 2013 so it's not statue barred. Or do you mean last made payment to original creditor? The default of this loan has gone from my report?

Wish I knew about this before as I wouldn't have ace payments via dmp. I wanted to pay my debts off but these greedy so and so's declined my offer so they deserve it.
        Last edited by Sharon2345; 20 June 2013, 17:38.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I sent Credite Experto the missing PT terms letter and thet responded by sending me a letter stating 'please be assured that the documents supplied were provided in good faith'. I responded with another letter saying i require a true copy of the PT terms & conditions etc etc and until then the account is closed. They have written again to me on 28th June 2013 stating that they have no reason to beleive the debt is not enforceable and do not believe there is any outstanding dispute. The enforceability of the account can only be decided by court. Your belief that this debt may not be enforceable does not stop collections activity from continueing and we believe that the above debt remains due. We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your proposals for repayment of the debt. Please be assured that we are happy to take into consideration your current financial circumstances.

I am not sure now what to reply? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Many thanks

Comment

No I stopped paying through dmp in may 2013 so it's not statue barred. Or do you mean last made payment to original creditor? The default of this loan has gone from my report?

Wish I knew about this before as I wouldn't have ace payments via dmp. I wanted to pay my debts off but these greedy so and so's declined my offer so they deserve it.
            Hi Sharon,
            Sorry i missed this from the date you posted. Statue Barred is six years from payment (doesnt matter to whom); so its six years from May 2013 in this case.
            Good that its vanished from your credit file thou as it won't effect any future lending

Hi Everyone,

I sent Credite Experto the missing PT terms letter and thet responded by sending me a letter stating 'please be assured that the documents supplied were provided in good faith'. I responded with another letter saying i require a true copy of the PT terms & conditions etc etc and until then the account is closed. They have written again to me on 28th June 2013 stating that they have no reason to beleive the debt is not enforceable and do not believe there is any outstanding dispute. The enforceability of the account can only be decided by court. Your belief that this debt may not be enforceable does not stop collections activity from continueing and we believe that the above debt remains due. We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your proposals for repayment of the debt. Please be assured that we are happy to take into consideration your current financial circumstances.

I am not sure now what to reply? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Many thanks
            This is all standard stuff. Basically, they will always say they see no problem and move swiftly on to "how do you want to pay". General opinion is to get the CCA off to cover bases and then ignore these "general" letters. Obviously, update the forum with a scanned copy of the letter for advice; but we only tend to reply to anything naughty

All the best,
            Missy
            Last edited by SA Gold; 15 July 2013, 09:05.
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This is all standard stuff. Basically, they will always say they see no problem and move swiftly on to "how do you want to pay". General opinion is to get the CCA off to cover bases and then ignore these "general" letters. Obviously, update the forum with a scanned copy of the letter for advice; but we only tend to reply to anything naughty

All the best,
              Missy
              Hi missy,

Shall i just ignore this letter now then? Or shall i send a letter to say account closed until you supply me with the true documents requested in my CCA request?

Comment

Hi missy,

Shall i just ignore this letter now then? Or shall i send a letter to say account closed until you supply me with the true documents requested in my CCA request?
                hiya,
                I'd just ignore it for now. They will probably send a similar letter whenever they have a new printer/different quality paper delivered in the near future, but just ignore for now and keep the forum updated with any calls/letters etc

Comment

Arrow Global have written to me on 19th July 2013 in response to the missing PT letter I sent:

We note you contend the copy agreement and terms and conditions provided is UNENFORCEABLE. We do not agree with your interpretation of the statute. We believe the agreement complies with the statute and we intend to pursue payment of the debt. You have remedy available to you by way of applying to the court for the appropriate declaration. In the absence of any such declaration and/or notice of application for the same, we will pursue the action advised if any.
                  Further details regarding transactions prior to assignment should be queried with the originating creditor directly. We are not obliged to provide this information.
                  We trust the above is satisfactory if you have any further dispute or you feel that we have misunderstood your reason for submitting this dispute, please contact us as soon as possible so we can investigate the matter fully we enclose a form for you to complete and sign and return to us.

The form asks for details of why I am disputing debt provide full documents referred to dates and calls and sign it.

Now what do I do with this? Ignore it or send them PT letter again?
                  Last edited by Sharon2345; 24 July 2013, 21:19.

Comment

Ignore em!
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Ignore em!

LOL.....Many Thanks Niddy

Comment

Quick question, if a DCA did not action your CCA request and asked you to send it to the original lender and you have sent the original lender the CCA request and not heard anything but the DCA keeps sending payment demand letters. Do I write to the DCA saying debt in dispute still waiting for CCA documents or do I ignore them until the original lender sends me something?

Comment

the CCA request should have been sent to the eejits who are chasing, regardless of whether they are the OC or not, they have a duty to produce the goods as they shouldn't be chasing anything they haven't got lawful paperwork for (in theory anyway)

Comment

YES! account in dispute until such time as they comply with the request. let them know, also suggest you state that any more harassment during the time it takes for the request be complied with their letters will be forwarded to the regulator. other may also suggestions for you!?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                              YES! account in dispute until such time as they comply with the request. let them know, also suggest you state that any more harassment during the time it takes for the request be complied with their letters will be forwarded to the regulator. other may also suggestions for you!?
                              Is there as template letter available to send?

Comment

I'd just use the sold in dispute

Comment

Working...
                                X