GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sharon2345 Unenforceability Diaries - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharon2345 Unenforceability Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharon2345 Unenforceability Diaries

Dear Sirs
    Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX
    Thank you for your letter dated XX/XX/XXXX, the contents of which have been noted.
    I write with reference to the above numbered account. I would like to point out that this account is formally in dispute with [Enter Original Creditor] and has been since they failed to acknowledge my Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) Request, in line with s.77-s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).
    As you are no doubt aware, your continual harassment not only breaches the Consumer Credit Act (1974), but also the Data Protection Act (1998), the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations (2008) and the Office Of Fair Trading's Debt Collection Guidelines.
    Similarly, in line with recent OFT Guidance surrounding Unenforceability, I presume you're aware that you, as a creditor / debt collection agency will be aware, the OFT has stipulated the following;
    Sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements. Under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
    • a copy of their agreement
    • copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
    • a statement of account.

If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor cannot:
    • make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed to
    • get a court judgment against the debtor

As this account is clearly unenforceable, I expect you to write back and confirm that no further action will be taken and that the account is now closed and no further correspondence will take place; irrespective, unless you do supply a lawful agreement I will not correspond with you again and any threats will be averred and unlawful and vexatious with a counter-claim forthcoming. In the meantime, I require that you clarify your position on this point as failure to do so, even by omission or lack of a response, will be regarded as an attempt to deliberately misrepresent or conceal the legal position regarding this matter to which an appropriate complaint will be made to the OFT.
    Consequently, any legal action you pursue will not only be fully and vigorously defended, it will also be averred as both unlawful and vexatious. As such I respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the original creditor for immediate resolution prior to my seeking legal advice; due to the fact you cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities as the account was already in dispute at the time you became involved.
    Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HSBC Loan
      Interest frozen, defaulted 2005/6. Default issued in 2006 on credit file.

Name: HSBC

Type: Loan

Date commenced: not sure probably 2002

Approx balance £21,113

Date last paid: 1st May 2013

Arrangement: not paying previously paying £14 via dmp

Account owner: CL Finance, collection activity by Howard Cohen.

4/2013 - CCA request sent

NO CCA documents received

12/08/2013 - Received letter from Lewis Debt Recovery demanding full balance someone will visit my house to collect.

16/08/2013 - Sent Sold in Dispute letter

29/08/2013 - receive a letter from Howard Cohen threatening County Court action

31/08/2013 - received letter from Lewis Debt Recovery demanding payment. - TO IGNORE maybe letters crossed in the post

02/09/2013 - sent Howard Cohen 'Threat of creditor to commence litigation' letter

14/09/2013 - Receive letter from CL Finance stating they aknowledge my CCA request dated 30th August 2013 but it was sent April 2013. They state they will contact the original lender for the documents. ON HOLD until then.

17/03/2014 - Account sold to Robinson Way who demand outstanding balance.

24/04/14 - Robinson Way demand money. Ignored

19/05/14- Robinson Way instruct solicitors to recover money in 10 Days or threaten action.

30/05/14- Sent Sold in Dispute letter

13/06/14- Drysdenfairfax send letter account closed and to contact Egg. Why Egg not an Egg account.
      Last edited by Sharon2345; 14 June 2014, 09:21.

Comment

Anybody got any dealings with Lewis Debt Recover/Howard Cohen?

Sending me door step visit letter now but i have not received my CCA documents from them, Howard Cohen has chosen to ignore my CCA request and now i get a letter from Lewis Debt Recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon2345 View Post
          Anybody got any dealings with Lewis Debt Recover/Howard Cohen?

Sending me door step visit letter now but i have not received my CCA documents from them, Howard Cohen has chosen to ignore my CCA request and now i get a letter from Lewis Debt Recovery.
          I don't think you want to know about my dealings with Lewis Debt Recovery/Howard Cohen

They sent me court forms after 1 letter. This was for an enforceable debt (post 2007) and I offered them £5 per month. They went ahead with issuing a claim and were awarded £1 per month. I bet they wish they'd accepted the £5
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            I don't think you want to know about my dealings with Lewis Debt Recovery/Howard Cohen

They sent me court forms after 1 letter. This was for an enforceable debt (post 2007) and I offered them £5 per month. They went ahead with issuing a claim and were awarded £1 per month. I bet they wish they'd accepted the £5
            Thats concerning..............i hope they dont try to issue me with a courts summons as they havent even acknowledged my CCA request. It looks like HSBC sold my loan to CL Finance many yeasrs ago when they issued me with a default back in 2005/6 and Howard Cohen has been collecting. But i have read they all all one company CL/Howard Cohen/Lewis Debt Recovery.

Comment

I think they are all one company.

They can't issue a court summons (or would be very foolish to) if they haven't provided you with a cca.

All debts are different, even when taken out with the same lender and being dealt with by the same dca.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                I think they are all one company.

They can't issue a court summons (or would be very foolish to) if they haven't provided you with a cca.

All debts are different, even when taken out with the same lender and being dealt with by the same dca.
                Yes i have heard of awful stories about Lewis Debt/howard cohen..............why did i get them. Fingers crossed lets see what my Sold in Dispute letter does.

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Comment

HSBC Loan
                    Interest frozen, defaulted 2005/6. Default issued in 2006 on credit file.

Name: HSBC

Type: Loan

Date commenced: not sure probably 2002

Approx balance £21,113

Arrangement: not paying previously paying £14 via dmp

Account owner: CL Finance, collection activity by Howard Cohen.

NO CCA documents received

12/08/2013 - Received letter from Lewis Debt Recovery demanding full balance someone will visit my house to collect.

16/08/2013 - Sent Sold in Dispute letter

29/08/2013 - receive a letter from Howard Cohen threatening County Court action
                    I sent Lewis Recovery aka Howard Cohen aka CL Finance 'sold in dispute' letter last week and today I get a letter from them threatening me with county court action without any further reminders if they don't get payment within 7days. What do I do now? I have heard Howard Cohen makes CC claims and doesn't take notice of letters. I can't risk getting a ccj now.

Comment

I sent Lewis Recovery aka Howard Cohen aka CL Finance 'sold in dispute' letter last week and today I get a letter from them threatening me with county court action without any further reminders if they don't get payment within 7days. What do I do now? I have heard Howard Cohen makes CC claims and doesn't take notice of letters. I can't risk getting a ccj now.
                      Probably crossed in the post ......But if it were me I 'd send this ASAP ---> Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation

Comment

And send it by recorded delivery!!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                          And send it by recorded delivery!!
                          Everything I've sent them has been recorded but I've heard Howard Cohen is a solicitor who as his own rules.

Comment

They are in breach of your CCA Request, yes they can remedy at court should it go that far, but its very rare i think for them to ignore a request and provide the documents later in court. Try not to stress about this, Niddy will be back soon to help you.

Try not to let what you have heard from others scare you in to thinking it will happen to you, apart from each case being different, you havent actually had a claim form yet, so please try not to stress about it just yet. If it did come, you would defend on the grounds of them being in default of your request, you would also be able to ask for the agreement to which they will rely on. I doubt they will be able to do this if they havent already.

Dont forget, they may be claim trigger happy, but people who have been caught by them have not had 1) AAD behind them and 2) probably didnt defend the claim with the right defence.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              They are in breach of your CCA Request, yes they can remedy at court should it go that far, but its very rare i think for them to ignore a request and provide the documents later in court. Try not to stress about this, Niddy will be back soon to help you.

Try not to let what you have heard from others scare you in to thinking it will happen to you, apart from each case being different, you havent actually had a claim form yet, so please try not to stress about it just yet. If it did come, you would defend on the grounds of them being in default of your request, you would also be able to ask for the agreement to which they will rely on. I doubt they will be able to do this if they havent already.

Dont forget, they may be claim trigger happy, but people who have been caught by them have not had 1) AAD behind them and 2) probably didnt defend the claim with the right defence.
                              Many thanks for your advice and help. I will send this letter out today and not panic.

Comment

Cahoot Flexi Loan
                                Interest frozen, defaulted 2005/6. Default issued on credit file in 2006.

Name: Cahoot Flexi loan (Santander)

Type: Flexi online loan

Date commenced: 2005

Approx balance: £6,656

Arrangement: not paying now previously token payments via dmp

Account owner: Santander - Apex Credit Mgt Collecting Agents

5/2013 - CCA response received from Apex
                                16/08/2013 - CCA documents emailed to NIDDY
                                10/09/2013 - UNENFORCEABLE!!!
                                14/09/2013 - Sent missing PT letter.
                                28/11/2013 - Apex send letter demanding full balance. Will ignore!
                                21/02/2014 - Original creditor Santander sent letter telling me MOORCROFT will be looking after my account now. IGNORING
                                15/03/2014 - Moorcroft letter demanding payment IGNORED
                                28/03/2014 - Sent Moorcroft Sold in Dispute Letter
                                07/04/14 - Moorcroft send letter how to make a CCA request
                                23/04/14 - Moorcroft sent a threaten to visit home letter
                                30/04/14-Sent doorstep letter
                                30/05/14-Moorcroft sent person to call at my door. I AM VERY ANGRY NOW
                                16/06/14-Niddy helping by email
                                19/06/14-Moorcroft write back stating matter is with their Compliance Officer.
                                09/07/14 - Moorcroft respond to complaint letter with some real bizarre facts!
                                21/07/14 - Sent letter to Moorcroft in response to their letter sent 03/07/14
                                29/12/14-letter received from Santander that CapQuest will be new collecting agent for the account
                                07/01/15-Capquest sent letter demanding payment

09/01/15-Sent new CCA request to Capquest
                                16/01/15-Capquest send letter that the CCA request has been forwarded to Santander
                                19/02/15-CapQuest send me a list of all statement of transactions for the loan and request I make payment. Not complied with CCA request.

Last edited by Sharon2345; 20 February 2015, 21:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X