GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ShedAnd Unenforcability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShedAnd Unenforcability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ShedAnd Unenforcability Diary

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
    There is a chance that they will do that whatever you do. When I sent my s. 78 request to Crapbot Farcical in 2008, they misappropriated the funds and applied them to the alleged balance. These funds were sent in the form of a postal order, and with a letter which included the sentence - "Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose."

A formal complaint was obviously necessary, and for once Crapbot accepted reality and backed down. As long as you retain evidence that the £1 was sent with a ss. 77 - 79 request, it will be impossible for them to argue otherwise.

SH
    It's a statutory fee, so long term they won't get away with it.

Comment

Hi, We have recieved our first letter back from 1 of the creditors (CapQuest) as follows.

Dear Miss (maiden surname only).

Account no.: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Balance: £782.27
      Account purchased from: Sainsburys Bank plc

We thank you for your recent correspondence.

In order for us to process your request accordingly, please provide proof or your change of name to (full married name) as this will be required by our client.

Please find attached your £1 fee

Signed, Linda Beckett.
      Collections administration department.

Some advise needed here please, we do have a copy of our marriage certificate but I sure as hell dont want to send that as it as the wifes maiden name signed on it and both our signatures.

Is there a template I could use to send back to them?

With them sending the £1 fee back, does this mean we have to send them a CCA request again, or is it still current running the 12+2 days?

Cheers Andy.
      Last edited by ShedAnd; 22 November 2012, 18:23. Reason: spelling
      You got to fight for your right to PARRRTIEEEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShedAnd View Post
        Hi, We have recieved our first letter back from 1 of the creditors (CapQuest) as follows.

Dear Miss (maiden surname only).

Account no.: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Balance: £782.27
        Account purchased from: Sainsburys Bank plc

We thank you for your recent correspondence.

In order for us to process your request accordingly, please provide proof or your change of name to (full married name) as this will be required by our client.

Please find attached your £1 fee

Signed, Linda Beckett.
        Collections administration department.

Some advise needed here please, we do have a copy of our marriage certificate but I sure as hell dont want to send that as it as the wifes maiden name signed on it and both our signatures.

Is there a template I could use to send back to them?

With them sending the £1 fee back, does this mean we have to send them a CCA request again, or is it still current running the 12+2 days?

Cheers Andy.
        Hiya

Why are they asking for a name change proof? What name is the account in (married/single/maiden/birth - what?)? The thing is, if the account is in a maiden name then you do the cca in the maiden name also so why would they ask for ID for the name/?

Please clarify
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Hiya

Why are they asking for a name change proof? What name is the account in (married/single/maiden/birth - what?)? The thing is, if the account is in a maiden name then you do the cca in the maiden name also so why would they ask for ID for the name/?

Please clarify
          They are debts taken out in here maiden name before we met and got married, when we got married we changed her name with CCCS and left it down to them to pass on the info the the creditors, ( looks like they haven't) so we have now sent off 4 CCA requests in her married name and it looks like that are all still in her maiden name ( info not passed on from CCCS to creditors) .

So where do we go from here?

Andy

Comment

Hiya

Please clarify
            They are debts taken out in here maiden name before we met and got married, when we got married we changed her name with CCCS and left it down to them to pass on the info the the creditors, ( looks like they haven't) so we have now sent off 4 CCA requests in her married name and it looks like that are all still in her maiden name ( info not passed on from CCCS to creditors) .

So where do we go from here?

Andy
            See Niddys comment in red ^^^^
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
              See Niddys comment in red ^^^^
              So I resend the the CCA' s in her maiden name?

Comment

That's what I would do..........
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

exactly, that is what you will do for all the debts in her name!
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

exactly, that is what you will do for all the debts in her name!
                    I have already sent of all the CCA request In her married name.

So am I best off waiting till all the replys from them and address it then.

Cheers Andy

Comment

Cheers Andy
                      See what comes back first............

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        See what comes back first............
                        Yes that's what I was thinking.

Comment

Cheers Andy
                          yes, deal with each as and when you get replies.

Comment

2 CCA request sent out to, Capquest and Robinsons way lts both in maiden name.

Comment

Hi, This is a copy of the letter we received from capquest.

Any thoughts on it would be great.
                              Attached Files

Comment

H.L. Legal, wow one of their 75p letters for hire , i.e. on the base of H.L. letter return address is Capquest not direct to H.L. no doubt?

Comment

Working...
                                X