GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Arrow Global - MBNA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Global - MBNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA - Arrow Global

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Had exactly the same this morning. Went in the burning bin.
    I received the letter too, think i used it to light the fire.
    Fight the good fight and we will prevail
    Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

Re: Arrow Global - MBNA

So, six months have passed and they have now put Moorcroft on the case.

They offer a 'flexible approach' to repaying the account and have different options..................................I won't bother anyone with the rest but I guess you can work it out.

Anyway, they will be in contact during the next 7 days by letter and/or telephone in order to discuss .......................

Just to remind anyone subbing, we do have written confirmation from the OC that they can't supply the CCA.

Comment

Moorcroft are a persistant lot!

Had another letter mid April, nothing too concerning as the one paragraph went as follows :- If you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we may have no alternative than to recommend to our clients that they consider possible further debt recovery action against you.

Then another today offering a MONTHLY INSTALMENT OFFER! If we do not respond within 7 days, this may leave us with no option but to recommend to our clients that they consider taking further debt recovery action against you.

Still not very worrying letters but I guess it might be an idea to write and tell them to bog off!

We have written confirmation from MBNA in Oct 2010 that they couldn't comply with the s78 request.

BUT my husband found a letter that we had from Rockwells in June 12 which enclosed a copy of the agreement!

It's a very poor copy and refers to the terms of the agreement which of course were not supplied!

I think it must have been put away at the time because of the MBNA letter and not filed in the folder, it's strange though that other DCA's haven't picked up on this and we're certainly not going to mention it.

I'll try and get it scanned and emailed to Niddy to have a look.

I suppose I could just send a copy of the previous one we sent to Drydens in Oct 12 which states that the s78 wasn't satisfied.

Any thoughts please?

Comment

I'd sent one of these http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...firming-no-cca

Comment

Thank you Mrs D, I've used that one recently for one of my creditors so will try it with this bunch too!

Comment

Letter done and I will be posting today (recorded)

Will update as and when

I'm going to email the agreement that Rockwells sent a while ago to Niddy so that he can take a look and give me his opinion on it, there weren't any terms sent with it, just the front copy of the signed document from 1989!

Comment

Could someone give me the link to Niddy please?

I can't find it!

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                  it's strange though that other DCA's haven't picked up on this and we're certainly not going to mention it.
                  Its not strange at all, its very unlikely that any record of this won't have been passed on to the OC, or the fact that Rockwells were provided with it.

I frequently get letters from OC's stating that they cannot be held liable for lack of records or disputes with their agents (despite the fact they are still liable for their actions), so what works for one works for another

You've got them on the back foot, keep being a PITA and they will drop you quickly enough. Moorcroft, though persistent, are usually harmless so you should try to drag things out with them to get you into the SB home straight.
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
                    Could someone give me the link to Niddy please?

I can't find it!
                    Every post I make has my email address in view!
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Niddy, I've just sent you an email.

Comment

Niddy has confirmed that what was sent a while ago by Rockwells is

Moorcroft have replied today, acknowledged the query raised and they will investigate.

Whilst it is under investigation they will not make contact regarding collection.

Comment

Drydens have sent a letter which is exactly the same as the one they sent almost two years to the day.

They did send one a couple of weeks ago that we just filed away.

They put the account 'on hold' in Oct 12 !

I would add that after putting it 'on hold', the account was passed to Moorcroft, and they replied to the no cca template, in May 14 stating that they would contact their client.

Last edited by marypoppins; 18 September 2014, 17:39.

Comment

Having already sent the no CCA letter to Dryens two years ago and another to Moorcroft in April this year, I was planning to send another to Drydens.

Having a read through some of the letters again, I spotted that Moorcroft sent a response in May which states as follows: -

Our client (Arrow) had advised the letter sent to you (MBNA confirming no CCA) only confirms that they will not be taking legal action and have confirmed that you will still remain liable for the outstanding balance.

I'm not sure whether there is any point in wasting a stamp, in view of the fact that I have written confirmation that MBNA can't satisfy s78 and Arrow have confirmed via Moorcroft that they won't take legal action.

Drydens are really out of order sending a letter referring to legal action, attachment of earnings, warrant of control (not heard of this one before) and charge on property!

Comment

When did Drydens send this letter?

As they are a firm of solicitors, and one with a penchant for pulling devious and extremely nasty tricks, I would not recommend ignoring them if they have the last letter on the pile.

It sounds as though a bespoke letter is in order. Although we can no longer quote the (entirely ignored) “Debt Collection Guidance” now that the OFT has bitten the dust, there are still regulations with which solicitors are supposed to comply.

If you are unable to spare twelve shillings for a postage stamp, you can always send it by email or through the contact form on their website. Snail mail is better, though.

SH

Comment

April 12 - Rockwell handling CC so I sent CPUTR - they replied that they would seek further information from their client. (Rockwell did produce a CCA which Niddy deemed unenforceable)

Drydens first communication was Oct 12, gave 10 days to respond or they have instructions to issue legal proceedings.

No CCA letter sent in response, which they acknowledged and confirmed matter on hold whilst they consulted with their client.

Apr 14 now with Moorcroft, so I sent them a no CCA letter which they acknowledged and said no further contact whilst my query was investigated.

May 14 - letter from Moorcroft which I referred to in my last post, then a 'Possible further Action letter', a discount offer letter.

Aug 14 - Arrow advised new agency - Drydens.

Sep 14 - Drydens letter giving 7 days or their client may instruct legal proceedings. Then the last letter 12th Sept which states that they hold instructions to issue legal proceedings with a view to obtaining a CCJ (this was more or the same sentence in their letter from Oct 12) but it does also state that no further notice will be provided and if legal proceedings are issued there will be further additional costs etc....

I've no previous experience of Drydens so it's not easy to make a decision how to reply. I agree that maybe a bespoke letter may be best ScabHunter, so where do I go from here?

Comment

Working...
                                X