GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Arrow Global - MBNA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Global - MBNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA - Arrow Global

I got one to this morning, went straight in the bin - what planet do they think we were born on? huh

Comment

Make em spend some money, return the pre paid envelope with some glitter dust.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Now I'm feeling even more left out
        Don't fret Pixie, perhaps your postman is a bit slower than ours!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          I'm feeling left out... Arrow Global bought my mbna but I haven't had a letter.?
          Hi Pixie,
          You can have mine if your desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
            Don't fret Pixie, perhaps your postman is a bit slower than ours!
            Maybe. i was going to say that perhaps the lettters take longer to reach this part of the country but alland's had one so maybe I'm just out of favour

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
            Hi Pixie,
            You can have mine if your desperate.
            Thanks for your kind offer but I'll decline
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Here at Arrow Global, we sometimes like to work with organisations who offer products and services that we think may help you to repay your debt.
              I'm a bit curious to know what these "products and services" to "help you repay your debt" might be. Are Arrow setting up a system to refer debtors to DMP companies who charge for their services and who will pay Arrow a fee for introducing customers There's definitely more to that letter than meets the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                I'm a bit curious to know what these "products and services" to "help you repay your debt" might be. Are Arrow setting up a system to refer debtors to DMP companies who charge for their services and who will pay Arrow a fee for introducing customers There's definitely more to that letter than meets the eye.
                That's a very good point planB, I hadn't looked at it that way.

I wasn't planning to do anything with it, do you think it should be responded to?

Or maybe just wait if anything else happens as it's not threatening in any way and it's taken 12 months to hear from anyone!

Comment

I wasn't planning to do anything with it, do you think it should be responded to?
                  I wouldn't respond to that letter, but I wouldn't throw it away either. Supposing in future they disclose details of your alleged debt to a third party without your permission, then they may have breached the DPA. You never know when that kind of negative could come in handy

If they already have your permission to reveal your personal data to their "partners" why would they want/need to give you the opportunity to opt out because they could just go ahead and disclose what they like when they like Logic says the only reason they're offering you a chance to be excluded is because they know damn well you're not included.

I'd add that letter to your paper trail file.
                  Last edited by PlanB; 6 October 2013, 12:01. Reason: typos :(

Comment

Quite agree planB, letter filed for future reference if needed.

Comment

When you get to my age you tend to become ultra cynical. So I wonder whether this letter about "products and services" with Arrow's partners has anything to do with the £400 million float on the London Stock Exchange that Arrow announced last month. Prior to the float they need to beef up their prospectus for the potential investors.

http://www.cityam.com/article/137885...bal-400m-float

I note that Goldman Sachs is handling the float so who knows what tricks they'll get up to in order to bring in the money

Comment

there are rules when you mess around pretending it marketing

http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisati...-checklist.pdf

Comment

Re: Arrow Global - MBNA

I'd forgotten that I'd already started this thread and now started another!

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...A-Arrow-Global

Comment

I'd forgotten that I'd already started this thread and now started another!

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...A-Arrow-Global
                            You could ask one of Site Team to merge the two threads if that would help you to keep track of things

Comment

You could ask one of Site Team to merge the two threads if that would help you to keep track of things
                              Will do thanks.

Comment

Will do thanks.
                                Done.....

Comment

Working...
                                X