GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lilly1203 Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilly1203 Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lilly1203 Diary

Hi Lilly are you OK ?
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Lilly1203 Diary

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
      Hi Lilly are you OK ?
      Hi Nanna58, Lilly is struggling at the moment, NRAM and GE money pushing hard but Elsa and Plan B are supporting and advising us both. Thanks for the email and concern, kind regards Lilly's Dad x

Comment

Hi Guys, hope all is well. Been a long time since my last post and Lilly has been doing ok. Children are now at university ( wow doesn't time fly) Just wanted to ask some advice. Lilly has not heard anything for the past couple of years but recently a Judgment for claimant (in default) from Cabot Financial has come through the post, it is for £335.44 + £107 costs. Lilly has no idea what this is for. She has had no notification prior to this. The next day a Mortimer Clarke (solicitor) letter dropped on the mat stating they were going to apply for a judgment in default as she has not completed the claim for or provided an IE. Although the letter was dated 04.01.18 and the court letter was dated 8.01.18 the Mortimer letter arrived on the 14th, the day after the court judgement letter. They are giving her 14 days to pay £50 per month which is far to much as she only just manages now. Just wondered what her best course of action would be. Kind regards Lilly's Dadx

Comment

Originally posted by pezman65 View Post
          Hi Guys, hope all is well. Been a long time since my last post and Lilly has been doing ok. Children are now at university ( wow doesn't time fly) Just wanted to ask some advice. Lilly has not heard anything for the past couple of years but recently a Judgment for claimant (in default) from Cabot Financial has come through the post, it is for £335.44 + £107 costs. Lilly has no idea what this is for. She has had no notification prior to this. The next day a Mortimer Clarke (solicitor) letter dropped on the mat stating they were going to apply for a judgment in default as she has not completed the claim for or provided an IE. Although the letter was dated 04.01.18 and the court letter was dated 8.01.18 the Mortimer letter arrived on the 14th, the day after the court judgement letter. They are giving her 14 days to pay £50 per month which is far to much as she only just manages now. Just wondered what her best course of action would be. Kind regards Lilly's Dadx
          This is something for the legal Team.
          I would email Diana.

Comment

Hi Roger, can you please tell me how I do that, what is her email address, thanks

Comment

Hi

Di's email is di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Good luck.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Hi Guys, have emailed Dianna but have not had a reply either email or via the messages. Any ideas what I could try next. Cheers Lillys Dad

Comment

Hi Guys, have emailed Dianna but have not had a reply either email or via the messages. Any ideas what I could try next. Cheers Lillys Dad
                    I would try another email to the address provided above. She may have missed your first one. I believe she was on site the other day, so is not far away, and she has suggested to another member that email, rather than pm, would be the better route.

Comment

have emailed Dianna but have not had a reply either email or via the messages. Any ideas what I could try next.

I've found it

I'm afraid it went to my Junk folder as email address not recognised (no username or thread link for clues).

Can you clarify something. You say the "court letter was dated 8th January" so does this mean she received the claim form late, never received it, or received it and didn't respond before the Acknowledgement of Service deadline?

She needs to call NCCBC to get the "Case Details" which will help her to identify the debt (it should say in the Particulars of Claim) if she doesn't recognise it.

In order to get it set aside she would need to persuade the court that she didn't get the claim form and that if it were to be set aside she would have a good chance of defending it.

Depending on what happened (which will decide whether she has any chance of a set aside) she may need to make an Application to Vary the CCJ to a monthly sum which she can afford which would not place her in hardship.

Establish the facts first and then decide the next step based on her options.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I've found it

I'm afraid it went to my Junk folder as email address not recognised (no username or thread link for clues).

Can you clarify something. You say the "court letter was dated 8th January" so does this mean she received the claim form late, never received it, or received it and didn't respond before the Acknowledgement of Service deadline?

She needs to call NCCBC to get the "Case Details" which will help her to identify the debt (it should say in the Particulars of Claim) if she doesn't recognise it.

In order to get it set aside she would need to persuade the court that she didn't get the claim form and that if it were to be set aside she would have a good chance of defending it.

Depending on what happened (which will decide whether she has any chance of a set aside) she may need to make an Application to Vary the CCJ to a monthly sum which she can afford which would not place her in hardship.

Establish the facts first and then decide the next step based on her options.

Di
                        Hi Diana, many thanks for the reply. The judgement for claimant (in Default) letter came before the solicitors letter. Lilly never received a claim form at all. The first she new was the notice from the court that was dated 8.01.18, nothing prior. I will advise her to call the NCCBC as you suggest. I will update on there response. Many thanks Lilly's dad

Comment

Hi Diana, many thanks for the reply. Lilly never received a claim form. The first she received was the Judgement for claimant (in Default) letter. The solicitors letter came the next day and stated " as you have not replied to the claim form" etc etc. I will advise Lilly to contact NCCBC and will update once that has been don. Again many thanks Lilly's Dad

Comment

add
                            Last edited by pezman65; 23 February 2018, 06:45.

Comment

Sorry guys, appears to have duplicated?

Comment

Working...
                              X