GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Toots UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toots UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toots View Post
    Hi all,

Change of addresses have been noted.

I have two particular outstanding debts which were with Hoist and now transferred to Lowell. Lowell only seems to know about one, and sent me a letter saying I 'may' have other accounts with them.

Any thoughts?

T
    Not really, as you haven't actually told us anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Not really, as you haven't actually told us anything.
      I had two separate debts with Hoist who have been bought out by Lowell.

I requested CCAs for both debts from Hoist a while back. They responded to one (Barclaycard) and sent back information. The other they acknowledged the request, but I never heard anything else.

Since Lowell took over they have only been in touch about the Barclaycard account.

My question should have been - do accounts go missing sometimes?

Lowell seem quite aggressive so seems a bit odd that they're not chasing me for both, mentioning in their most recent letter that I 'may' have other accounts with them. If they think I have another account, why are they not chasing me for it?

Comment

may have - standard template letter content, no account mentioned keep quiet
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I had two separate debts with Hoist who have been bought out by Lowell.

I requested CCAs for both debts from Hoist a while back. They responded to one (Barclaycard) and sent back information. The other they acknowledged the request, but I never heard anything else.

Since Lowell took over they have only been in touch about the Barclaycard account.

My question should have been - do accounts go missing sometimes?

Lowell seem quite aggressive so seems a bit odd that they're not chasing me for both, mentioning in their most recent letter that I 'may' have other accounts with them. If they think I have another account, why are they not chasing me for it?
          Who knows how these people work but it is possible that with such a huge purchase debts are bundled into effectively large datasets. Maybe they are working their way through one set . Maybe they prioritise debts by value or some algorithm says they will get a better return on debt x as opposed to debt y.

As TTC says , keep quiet until they contact you.

Comment

Best to look at the Diary really before speculating!
            "..
            .."
            Your two S.78 requests
            1/ Barclaycard because they have sent paperwork!

2/ But the other is UE whilst the paperwork is missing!
            ".. I don’t know if this makes a difference, but the credit card was taken out under a business name rather than mine. They never address letters to me personally..."

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Best to look at the Diary really before speculating!
              "..
              .."
              Your two S.78 requests
              1/ Barclaycard because they have sent paperwork!

Hi Roger, thank you. The Barclaycard info was deemed UE by Niddy as it was just a screen shot of my personal details.

Comment

A couple of more questions if ok.

Intrum HSBC overdraft

21/7/23 letter of account assignment received with an HSBC letter (never received) enclosed dated 2015 saying that the account was sold to 1st Credit in 2014.

Why would they send this now? I'd moved to a new address by this point, and have all paperwork from moving there, and since.

Capquest Alliance and Leicester Loan

23/5/23 change of address letter sent recorded. Although new address was sent they are now writing to me at the address I changed from not the one to. They've received the letter I sent because they're writing to an address they never had before I sent the information, but I've got a redirect on.

19/7/23 two letters one from Arrow and one from Capquest to the old (never advised of until recently) address. Arrow say that they have appointed Capquest as an administrator. Letter from Capquest says that account has been assigned to Arrow Poplar Designated Activity Company.

The debt has been with Capquest for ages. So, I don't get why this information is being sent now. Re the address issue I presume this is tactics? I had two postcodes for the house I was in previously. The back door was the one registered with RM which I had to register the redirect against. The front door was the one that post came to which Capquest/Arrow had been writing to. They are not writing to the address I have advised I am now currently at. So, I'm assuming they think they'll catch me out.

One last one.

Santander overdraft.

Recently found an old credit report I printed off from 2013. Account has been recorded as satisfied.

Can I assume SB?

Comment

Usually but not always ( so I am guessing) about the Santander account , satisfied means it has been sold on. Not all debt purchasers report to all credit agencies. However, if you have not paid or had contact since 2013 then yes SB. Santander still send me annual statements and when I move I’m not telling them.

Regarding the late NOA it might be because they realised they might not have sent it at the right time. Another account I had , I received 6 envelopes with 6 years of annual statements- they were getting their paperwork in order for a UE debt ?. Getting ducks in a row might be a reason for some of these letters- this can happen when the FCA slap their wrists and they suddenly get all holier than thou. Doesn’t necessarily mean they are about to do anything.

I wasn’t exactly speculating earlier I was giving some possible reasons as to why debt purchasers act the way they do. This is gleaned from 12+ years of dealing with personal and my late ex’s debts. I am lucky all are long gone.

Comment

23/5/23 change of address letter sent recorded. Although new address was sent they are now writing to me at the address I changed from not the one to. They've received the letter I sent because they're writing to an address they never had before I sent the information, but I've got a redirect on.

19/7/23 two letters one from Arrow and one from Capquest to the old (never advised of until recently) address. Arrow say that they have appointed Capquest as an administrator. Letter from Capquest says that account has been assigned to Arrow Poplar Designated Activity Company.
                    I had a similar experience with Arrow and Capquest:

Jan 2016 – Notice of Assignment from Arrow (sent to old address) - “Arrow Global purchased your account from Idem …. please contact Capquest ….”
                    Feb 2016 – Introductory letter from Capquest (sent to old address). - Filed
                    Mar 2016 – Letter from Capquest (sent to old address)- “Please get in touch ...” - Filed
                    April 2016 – Introductory letter from Capquest (sent to current address). - Filed.
                    May 2016 – Letter from Capquest (sent to current address) - “We'd like to hear from you ... - Filed.
                    Aug 2016 – Phishing letter from Shoosmiths (sent to old address, re: me at current address). - Filed.
                    Aug 2016 – Sent CCA74 request to Capquest.
                    Aug 2016 – Capquest returned CCA fee - “Account has been closed on our system and referred back to Arrow.”
                    Aug 2016 – belated notice from Arrow (sent to old address) Change of Agency - Shoosmiths now managing account.
                    - Filed
                    Aug 2016 – Introductory letter from Shoosmiths (sent to old address). - Filed
                    Sept 2016 – Letter from S'smiths (sent to old address) - “Possible reduction in balance or agree regular instalments.”
                    Sept 2016 – Letter from S'smiths (sent to old address)
                    - considered to be a LBA
                    Sept 2016 - sent CCA74 request to Arrow, and LBA response to S'smiths.

Comment

Working...
                    X