GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Toots UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toots UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

It seems to me that Lowell have no case to write to an address other than the one being used by Hoist. Has anyone before Hoist used the address Lowell are using, for this particular account?
    Is your "door with the letterbox" within the property address that Lowell are using, and do you currently have a redirect to your letterbox?
    Hi Still Waving, I haven't moved yet, and there are no redirects to this property. I live in a terrace so the address that Lowell are using is the one registered on the Royal Mail database. Hoist were using the one I gave them over 6 years ago, which is the front door address. None of my other creditors have used the back door address where Lowell are writing to as I've never given this one to them, including Hoist.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      If you send change of address then make sure you get Recorded Delivery or free proof posting., I know one company who ignored but I had proof with signature from few year before.
      Hi Tech Clerk, thanks. Is there a non-committal letter on here that I can use?

Comment

Just rustled you one up = straight to the point = Note:- get free proof posting at Post Office:- keep copy letter etc on file in date order.

Your Name/Address

Their Name/Address:-

Their reference:-

Dear Sirs/Madam.,

Subject:- FORMAL NOTIFICATION OF ADDRESS CHANGE.

Reference Account Number:- xxxxxxxxxx In respect of Company xxxxxxxx (Card etc?)

Notice is given of change of address from (Old Address) xxxxxxxxxxxx

To xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (New Address)with Immediate effect for your records.

Signed:- xxxx xxxxx

Dated this the xx xxx 2023.

Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 16 April 2023, 17:53.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Toots View Post

Hi Still Waving, I haven't moved yet, and there are no redirects to this property. I live in a terrace so the address that Lowell are using is the one registered on the Royal Mail database. Hoist were using the one I gave them over 6 years ago, which is the front door address. None of my other creditors have used the back door address where Lowell are writing to as I've never given this one to them, including Hoist.
          Hi again

What I was trying to get clear in my mind (and you have helped to some extent) was - how you receive your mail. From what you say, it seems that you receive the mail whichever address is used. So I was thinking (and perhaps this is something you could clarify with the Redirections Department of RM) that if you set up one redirect when you move, citing Toots at the address registered on the Royal Mail database - then should that not pick up ALL your mail which you currently receive ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            Just rustled you one up = straight to the point = Note:- get free proof posting at Post Office:- keep copy letter etc on file in date order.

Your Name/Address

Their Name/Address:-

Their reference:-

Dear Sirs/Madam.,

Subject:- FORMAL NOTIFICATION OF ADDRESS CHANGE.

Reference Account Number:- xxxxxxxxxx In respect of Company xxxxxxxx (Card etc?)

Notice is given of change of address from (Old Address) xxxxxxxxxxxx

To xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (New Address)with Immediate effect for your records.

Signed:- xxxx xxxxx

Dated this the xx xxx 2023.
            Hi Tech Clark,

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi again

What I was trying to get clear in my mind (and you have helped to some extent) was - how you receive your mail. From what you say, it seems that you receive the mail whichever address is used. So I was thinking (and perhaps this is something you could clarify with the Redirections Department of RM) that if you set up one redirect when you move, citing Toots at the address registered on the Royal Mail database - then should that not pick up ALL your mail which you currently receive ?
              Hi Still Waving,

Thanks, I hope that's the case.

Comment

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions about change of address re two accounts?

The overdraft with Santander - they haven't received any communication from me for over 6 years. If I send a change of address will this set the clock ticking again?

MBNA account with Hoist - I have had no communication from Lowell regarding this account since they bought Hoist out, only the one for Barclaycard which they're actively pursuing. Who do I send the change of address to, as their reference will be different to Hoist? CCA was never sent to me after my request in 2021.

Sorry if these seem like dim questions, just want to do it right.

Many thanks

T

Comment

Hi all,

The overdraft with Santander - they haven't received any communication from me for over 6 years. If I send a change of address will this set the clock ticking again?

MBNA account with Hoist - I have had no communication from Lowell regarding this account since they bought Hoist out, only the one for Barclaycard which they're actively pursuing. Who do I send the change of address to, as their reference will be different to Hoist? CCA was never sent to me after my request in 2021.

Many thanks

T
                  Well are they writing to you?
                  Thats all you need to know really!
                  If Santander aren't and haven't written sit on the letter and your hands
                  Same really with Lowell (Hoist) as you point out is in Law EU because they have never fulfilled your S.78 (I presume you sent the £1) request and Lowell will know this from Hoist's records. So you don't have any reason to write do you!
                  If this changes come back onto here!

Comment

Hi all,

Many thanks

T
                    Have you set up a mail redirect?
                    Santander regularly send me statements for my O/D that was defaulted in 2014 , when I move I will set up mail redirect
                    TBH , while you would expect Lowell to know Hoist had not fulfilled your S78 request, in this day and age it is probably all automated and the computer will have no idea. However, at this time there is no need to tell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

Santander regularly send me statements for my O/D that was defaulted in 2014 , when I move I will set up mail redirect
                      TBH , while you would expect Lowell to know Hoist had not fulfilled your S78 request, in this day and age it is probably all automated and the computer will have no idea. However, at this time there is no need to tell them.
                      When I moved I had a redirect set up for a number of years. Not cheap, but compared to the amounts allegedly owing, small potatos to ensure that I received all mail. One assignee (or their agent) did start addressing to my previous address, even though the correct address had been used previously by creditors.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Well are they writing to you?
                        Thats all you need to know really!
                        If Santander aren't and haven't written sit on the letter and your hands
                        Same really with Lowell (Hoist) as you point out is in Law EU because they have never fulfilled your S.78 (I presume you sent the £1) request and Lowell will know this from Hoist's records. So you don't have any reason to write do you!
                        If this changes come back onto here!
                        Hi Roger,

Santander have been sending me yearly statements since I moved to my current property. I sent them a change of address notification in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post

Hi Pat,

I have set up a redirect yes. 6 months to start with. Slight issues with the post code, but I'll find out if that's a problem in a couple of weeks I guess. I had to register it at the back door postcode which is not the door with the letter box in it. I'll ask a couple of family members to send me a letter to see if the redirect works.

With the second Lowell account, I will just wait and see what happens.

Thanks v much

Comment

When I moved I had a redirect set up for a number of years. Not cheap, but compared to the amounts allegedly owing, small potatos to ensure that I received all mail. One assignee (or their agent) did start addressing to my previous address, even though the correct address had been used previously by creditors.
                            Hi Still Waving

Yep, I think that's what I'm going to be doing for while yet.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Still Waving

Yep, I think that's what I'm going to be doing for while yet.

Thank you
                              I think it's cheaper pro rata to do 12 month periods. Incidentally, people in receipt of certain benefits can get concessionary rates.

Comment

Hi all,

Change of addresses have been noted.

I have two particular outstanding debts which were with Hoist and now transferred to Lowell. Lowell only seems to know about one, and sent me a letter saying I 'may' have other accounts with them.

Any thoughts?

T

Comment

Working...
                                X