GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Toots UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toots UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Colin G Quinn have a chat with him for starters.
    Done. Turns out the paperwork was a court claim, rather than a letter of claim.

Comment

Hi all,

Re the first debt on my diary to Santander - I've have not actively communicated with them in over 6 years. Does this make the debt statute barred? They send me statements once or twice a year, but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toots View Post
        Hi all,

Re the first debt on my diary to Santander - I've have not actively communicated with them in over 6 years. Does this make the debt statute barred? They send me statements once or twice a year, but that's it.
        Do you have a record of the account ever having been formally defaulted? If so, what date?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Do you have a record of the account ever having been formally defaulted? If so, what date?
          Hi Still Waving,

Default notice served in May 2009.

Many thanks

Comment

Hi all,

They are suppose to send annual statements out but as over 6 years and no communicating they are ignorant to fact = they cannot do anything except ask ( Probably annual xmas party gets cancelled people are not stupid and give them money for party).
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all,

Lowell have bought out Hoist. I had two debts with Hoist, but Lowell only communicating about one of them. However, they're using an address I have never given them. It's not the address on my credit report. Long story, and nothing shady going on my end, it's just the way the house is registered with the Royal Mail database. Some databases used by businesses don't recognise my postal address, and if the address can't be put in manually cannot be registered. Any ideas? Is this Lowell putting two and two together? Are they that resourceful?

T

Comment

They have ways and means. Did Hoist communicate with you at this address. My partner has an address that not all databases get correct and I got two census forms, one with my door number and one as a flat.

Comment

Fishing letters! Ignore and don't communicate because in order to SUE they would have to have your address.
                  SILENCE don't nibble at their bait!

Comment

sounds Phishing letter ignore for now
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                      They have ways and means. Did Hoist communicate with you at this address. My partner has an address that not all databases get correct and I got two census forms, one with my door number and one as a flat.
                      Hi Pat, Hoist always contacted me at my correct address. It's only since changing over to Lowell that they're using the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        Fishing letters! Ignore and don't communicate because in order to SUE they would have to have your address.
                        SILENCE don't nibble at their bait!
                        Hi Roger, I'm moving soon which means I would likely have to put two postal redirects in place, and I can't do that indefinitely. So, they will need to know otherwise they're free to go through the courts and get me another CCJ if I don't know about any communication from them. The address they're writing to is the registered address for the property. The one Hoist were writing to is the door with the letterbox in it. I'll ask my postie when I next see him about where the forwards are processed. If it's the local sorting office then I might be in luck.

Comment

Hi Roger, I'm moving soon which means I would likely have to put two postal redirects in place, and I can't do that indefinitely. So, they will need to know otherwise they're free to go through the courts and get me another CCJ if I don't know about any communication from them. The address they're writing to is the registered address for the property. The one Hoist were writing to is the door with the letterbox in it. I'll ask my postie when I next see him about where the forwards are processed. If it's the local sorting office then I might be in luck.
                          I do understand BUT you see don't put the idea in their HEAD. They might chance their arm by seeking a CCJ if they are aware of confusion over addresses!

Knowledge here is to you advantage!
                          Yes it might be an issue to put two redirects in place BUT it could be a decisive issue if the Court became involved. Evidence of you behaving responsible with posts sent to you.

SILENCE doesn't mean your NOT receiving POST from them!
                          It means that what they are sending to you doesn't require you to reply!

Comment

Hi Pat, Hoist always contacted me at my correct address. It's only since changing over to Lowell that they're using the other one.
                            It seems to me that Lowell have no case to write to an address other than the one being used by Hoist. Has anyone before Hoist used the address Lowell are using, for this particular account?
                            Is your "door with the letterbox" within the property address that Lowell are using, and do you currently have a redirect to your letterbox?

Comment

If you send change of address then make sure you get Recorded Delivery or free proof posting., I know one company who ignored but I had proof with signature from few year before.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

I do understand BUT you see don't put the idea in their HEAD. They might chance their arm by seeking a CCJ if they are aware of confusion over addresses!

Knowledge here is to you advantage!
                                Yes it might be an issue to put two redirects in place BUT it could be a decisive issue if the Court became involved. Evidence of you behaving responsible with posts sent to you.

SILENCE doesn't mean your NOT receiving POST from them!
                                It means that what they are sending to you doesn't require you to reply!

Thanks Roger, I've yet to post on the diary about the letters I've received from Lowell so far, but I think they're ramping up for something. I'll ask about the redirect at the sorting office.

Comment

Working...
                                X