GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Toots UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toots UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Diary updated today. I decided to stop paying all the regular payments to creditors going out of my bank account. So far there's only one creditor making rumblings about it. Good news in that my CCJ dropped off my credit file in Feb this year. So, it opens up the world a bit for me. Phew!

Hope you're all well.

T

Comment

Out of interest, what sort of improvement did your credit score see?

Comment

Originally posted by Toots View Post
        Credit card
        £4500
        Took out around 2008
        Defaulted 2009
        Paying £5 towards this
        Sent a CCA request letter end of March 21, and they have acknowledged the correspondence, but nothing else so far. I remember this one - got collared in Macro by a bloke standing there trying to sell credit cards. So, I signed up.
        Original creditor MBNA, now with Hoist.

I don’t know if this makes a difference, but the credit card was taken out under a business name rather than mine. They never address letters to me personally.[/SIZE]

Does this business still exist?

Comment

Originally posted by ca71 View Post
          Out of interest, what sort of improvement did your credit score see?
          Hi ca71, it went from poor to excellent overnight. I was quite surprised tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Does this business still exist?
            Hi Still Waving, no, it closed in 2008.

Comment

Hi ca71, it went from poor to excellent overnight. I was quite surprised tbh.
              Great. My 3 defaults will drop off my credit report early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ca71 View Post

Great. My 3 defaults will drop off my credit report early next year.
                It's an awful waiting game. Glad to hear you'll be free soon.

Comment

Hi all, copy of the credit agreement for my AA loan arrived today in the post from Mortimer Clarke. Just checking with Niddy, but I think it's enforceable. I won't respond, and will wait to see what they follow up with.

Comment

Hi all, copy of the credit agreement for my AA loan arrived today in the post from Mortimer Clarke. Just checking with Niddy, but I think it's enforceable. I won't respond, and will wait to see what they follow up with.
                    Your Diary entry says ".. 16/12/22 - letter from Mortimer Clarke with the requested CCA enclosed, statement of account covering payments made 2005 through 2009 and nothing else after, plus a copy of the default notice I would have been sent. Letter dated 12th Dec. .."

In the meantime you need to do some homework.
                    Don't have any contact with Mortimer Clarke nor Cabot!

Since Mortimer Clarke have now sent you various Documents it would make sense to send a SAR to the original Creditor
                    This to should now include correspondence between them and Cabot.

The first question is within the Cabot Group WHO is named as the Assignee of the Debt! Because there are possible Authorisation issues here.
                    Who issued the Default Notice? AA or BOS? The Banking crisis created problems with various Banking Groups being forced together without necessarily having Authority to Act on all group members behalf!

Please then update your Diary

Comment

Send to originator (NO charge) get free proof posting @ Post Office keep copy on file & Update Diary.

Enter Date

Dear Sirs,

Reference:

Subject Access Request - S.7 Data Protection Act 1998

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998 also 2018 in particular to “Article 15 of the UK GDPR 2021.

Please supply me with a copy of all information your company hold on me including a list of accounts and details of payments along with copies of statements.

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, I hereby request that you supply me with any and all historical data in your possession which relates to me and that I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Act.

If you store any of the older records on microfiche, please be aware that the Information Commissioner deems this to be a relevant filing system under the Act. As such, any microfiche data must be sent to me in fully legible and comprehensible form. To include any Microfilch records.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

You have 30 days in which to comply.

Yours faithfully.
                      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 8 February 2023, 17:22.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all,

Just catching up. I didn't see notification of the last two posts on here. So, apologies, but I was unaware and thank you for the help.

I've just got a SAR letter prepared, but looking at other posts I've made I did write to AA in 2021 requesting the information. The response I got back was from Lloyds, stating they had no record of me.

I'm very confused. Looking through the paperwork I got a letter from Bank of Scotland on 18th November 2013 saying that the debt had been transferred over to Wescot. Then in December of the same year a letter arrives from Wescot saying that The Lloyds Banking Group had written to me. Then in 2017 it changes to HBOS. Then Resolvecall state it's Lloyds Banking Group in 2020.

So, I've no idea who to write to to make the request.

Does anyone have any idea?

Many thanks

T

Comment

DSAR request to originator no charge get proof (free) posting., regardless keep copy on file also update diary. lets get update on situation as of now?
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi all,

Just catching up. I didn't see notification of the last two posts on here. So, apologies, but I was unaware and thank you for the help.

I've just got a SAR letter prepared, but looking at other posts I've made I did write to AA in 2021 requesting the information. The response I got back was from Lloyds, stating they had no record of me.

I'm very confused. Looking through the paperwork I got a letter from Bank of Scotland on 18th November 2013 saying that the debt had been transferred over to Wescot. Then in December of the same year a letter arrives from Wescot saying that The Lloyds Banking Group had written to me. Then in 2017 it changes to HBOS. Then Resolvecall state it's Lloyds Banking Group in 2020.

So, I've no idea who to write to to make the request.

Does anyone have any idea?

Many thanks

T
                            Your diary entry for this account doesn't mention a request to AA in 2021. Odd that LLoyds should say that they have no record, as BoS is a group subsidiary. Perhaps AA referred your request to the wrong place (ie to Lloyds rather than BoS).

Company mergers/acquisitions mean that BoS (subsequently HBOS) are subsidiaries of LLoyds Banking Group.

It would appear that, at the time the loan was taken, AA loans were provided by BoS. In view of your failed attempt with AA in 2021, I would be inclined to send a SAR to BoS at their Hove address.
                            Last edited by Still Waving; 13 February 2023, 19:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Your diary entry for this account doesn't mention a request to AA in 2021. Odd that LLoyds should say that they have no record, as BoS is a group subsidiary. Perhaps AA referred your request to the wrong place (ie to Lloyds rather than BoS).

Company mergers/acquisitions mean that BoS (subsequently HBOS) are subsidiaries of LLoyds Banking Group.

It would appear that, at the time the loan was taken, AA loans were provided by BoS. In view of your failed attempt with AA in 2021, I would be inclined to send a SAR to BoS at their Hove address.
                              Hi Still Waving - entries updated. I'll send off the letter to BoS. Thanks v much.

Comment

Hi Still Waving - entries updated. I'll send off the letter to BoS. Thanks v much.
                                Have you sent the CCA received from MC to Niddy for checking? If not, send it, together with any original T&Cs to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk without blanking anything out, and link to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X