GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script AJ's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would send it to whomever is writing to you. Don’t forget to include a cheque or postal order for £1.

Keep copies and when the annual statement comes make sure they have not taken the £1 of f the balance.

Tou could send a copy ( include copy of cheque) to LC with a note saying for your information. If you do just get a proof of posting.

Sorry I am a bit of a belt and braces person.

if Link bounce it back to you there is a letter in the AAD library or likely I have one somewhere. Moorcroft tried it on with me back in the day.

Comment

• I sent mine to Link and they responded with the CCA.

Comment

• Can I just double check it was an LBA as described in debt camel’s post and not just a threat?

Make sure you do actually respond to the letter by ticking I think box D. Also there ask for a copy of the agreement etc

Now is not the time to be an Ostrich ?

Comment

• Sorry I think I missed something
          You seem to say the letter of claim came from a solicitor.

If it were me I really would reply to that , to the solicitor, and include a copy of the cca request.

I think Link can be quite persistent so set the scene in case the worst happens and they do issue a claim.
          Last edited by Dottir; 17 August 2024, 06:52. Reason: Clarification and typo

Comment

• So, I received a bundle from Tesco responding to my SAR request. Not really sure what I should be looking for in it really.

Awaiting the response to the CCA request from Link... Presumably, once that's delivered the solicitor can set legal action without sending a new LBC, or can they still do that while I await the response?

Comment

• I would be looking in the SAR for things such as details of the default notice, termination notice, evidence of a notice of assignment and if you have not paid since they had it, date of last payment.

The solicitors can issue a claim, did you respond to their LoC ? I mean do they know you sent a cca request to Link?

Comment

• Ok, thanks. I'll have a proper look through it!

Yeah, I send t a copy of the CCA request to the solicitors.

Comment

• I would hope the solicitors would have the sense not to issue a claim with an outstanding request. Of course these are debt purchasers so who knows.

Comment

• CCA request has been returned. Letter states this makes the debt enforceable (they would). No glaring omissions, but I don't know what I'd be looking for really...

Comment

Working...
                    X