GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script AJ's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ostrich View Post

This week I have had confirmation that this claim has been discontinued! Thanks to Colin G Quinn and the team at Joanna Connolly Solicitors and everyone that has helped on this forum!

If my maths is right, then that is 1 down; 6 to go!

Comment

This week I have had confirmation that this claim has been discontinued! Thanks to Colin G Quinn and the team at Joanna Connolly Solicitors and everyone that has helped on this forum!

Superb well done you,and all at JCS

Comment

Great news. It's good to hear about these companies can be challenged.

Comment

Type of account – Barclaycard Credit Card (2)
          Date commenced - 2005
          Approx balance - £7,300
          Date last paid – Jan 2021
          Are you on arrangement or not paying – No contact made since last payment

Status - Default
          Account owner - PRA.
          Jul '21 - Default notice

Jan'21 - PRA write to advise various repayment options
          Feb '21 - As above
          May '22 - Account on hold for 30 days due to DSAR request for other PRA account
          May ‘22 - Email to say account is no longer on hold and they look forward to finding a resolution. Next day, another email saying “further to our conversation” (never spoken to them, ever) that the account is being put on hold for 14 days…. Bizarre
          Jul '22 - 10% discount available... ignored
          Aug '22 - Same letter... 10% discount available. Hoping for 100%, thanks.
          Sep ‘22 - 20% discount… filed
          October’22 - 20% discount… filed
          November ‘22- Account passed to litigation team. If we don’t hear from you by December … etc
          Jan'23 - If I do not contact by Feb, they may issue proceedings... Filed.

Can't find a letter advising that they bought this debt, at the moment - Will go through file again and amend if found.
          Just received an email inferring LBC has been sent, which stacks up with their timeline . Once received, I intend to contact JCS to see what they think!

Comment

Type of account – Barclaycard Credit Card (1)
            Date commenced - 2001
            Approx balance - £7,500

Status - Default
            Account owner - PRA
            Jul'21 - Default notice
            Sep '21 - Letter to advise account purchased by PRA group - may pass to litigation dept
            Dec'21 - Account passed to litigation dept
            Feb '22 - Statement of account. Further letter advising this is a LBC and to respond within 30 days or may issue court proceedings
            Mar '22 - Claim letter recv'd
            Apr'22 - DSAR sent
            Hi everyone. A bit of very good news on this one... Joanna Connolly Solicitors have been defending this case for me. After an initial hearing where the judge asked PRA to amend their claim, we were due to have a second hearing next month... Colin was adamant that my case was very strong and so I have been relatively relaxed about it... and for good reason. Today, Colin G Quinn has confirmed that they have suddenly discontinued the case! Game Over!

Great start to the day! Thanks to everyone at Joanna Connolly Solicitors for all their help with this! 2 down, 5 to go!

Can't recommend this firm enough.

Comment

good result
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just received an email inferring LBC has been sent, which stacks up with their timeline . Once received, I intend to contact JCS to see what they think!
                Claim form received... Will contact Colin G Quinn at JCS on Monday, but I can see a pretty obvious problem with it already, which hopefully bodes well!

Comment

Type of account – Natwest Loan
                  Date commenced - 2019
                  Approx balance - £17,000
                  Date last paid – Feb 2021

Status - Default
                  Account owner - Natwest.

Dec '21 - Default notice
                  Monthly statements since.
                  Mar ‘22 - letter to say Dryd£n Ffax now looking after account
                  April 22 - First contact from DF. Letter of Claim received. SAR sent.
                  May '22 - Statment of account
                  Jun '22 - Letter from DF stating CC Claim has been issued. Awaiting claim form from court.
                  Nov '22 - Hearing didn't go to plan. Will appeal!

March '23 - CLAIM STRUCK OUT!!!!
                  This loan account and my overdraft account (entry 10) were combined by NatWest who claimed a whopping sum of circa £20,000.

At the original hearing in November the judge did not find in my favour, but undeterred, Colin G Quinn was keen that I tried to appeal the verdict. We were given the opportunity to appeal this result today.

Joanna Connolly represented me and I am beyond ecstatic that she has confirmed that the entire claim has been struck out!

This is not an old account (opened less than 5 years ago). Don't think just because it's a recent debt that it cannot be defended. They can, and they are!

That's 4/4 of my debts gone thanks to Joanna Connolly Solicitors. 2 didn't even make it to a hearing. Bring on the next one! If you are issued with a claim, contact JCS. Helpful, professional and understanding. Most importantly though, they get results!

There should be a sign up in all debt purchasers' offices. 'You do not mess with JCS'

Comment

I never tire of saying "Well done JCS!"
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 20 March 2023, 20:29.

Comment

Congratulations on the good result

Comment

Had no correspondence for a while until this morning... Voicemail and text message from Link asking me to get in touch. I'll ignore, but I'm curious as to whether they've bought a debt or if this relates to a discontinued claim?
                        Will update when the inevitable snail mail arrives.

Comment

Don’t stress about phone calls. If they have anything important to say they will write.

At that point you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Type of account – Lloyds Credit Card
                            Date commenced - 2017
                            Approx balance - £4,000

Status - Default
                            Account owner - L1nk.

May '21 Default notice
                            Aug '21 - LC Asset2 letter advising Llodys have assigned my account to them
                            Jan '21 - Letter from L1nk - Statement of account
                            Feb '22 - L1nk - Please get in touch letter. Ignored
                            Mar ‘22 - Letter from Link telling me to arrange payment plan or they WILL pass to solicitors, who MAY issue proceedings. Filed
                            April ‘22 - Letter of Claim received.
                            May '22 - Missed calls from L1nk and Solicitors... expecting post soon...
                            May ‘22 - CC Claim form received - JCS on the case.
                            Nov' 22 - CLAIM DISCONTINUED!!!

Had no correspondence for a while until this morning... Voicemail and text message from Link asking me to get in touch. I'll ignore, but I'm curious as to whether they've bought a debt or if this relates to a discontinued claim?
                            Will update when the inevitable snail mail arrives.
                            I suggest looking at The Credit Agencies Reports to see whether LINK's name pops up there either by way of Debt OR a HARD Search! A little investigation here might give you an insight it what LINK are up to!

Comment

Ostrich- I really think looking at the CRA will serve no purpose other than to alert Link you are alive and well. In addition it can take several months for creditors to actually register on reports, particularly free ones. My own Barclaycard balance is often 3-4 months behind.

In addition, do you suspect which account this might be? Once they write to you, if it is one of the defeated cases, you could always send the appropriate court letter assuming you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                                Ostrich- I really think looking at the CRA will serve no purpose other than to alert Link you are alive and well. In addition it can take several months for creditors to actually register on reports, particularly free ones. My own Barclaycard balance is often 3-4 months behind.

In addition, do you suspect which account this might be? Once they write to you, if it is one of the defeated cases, you could always send the appropriate court letter assuming you have one.
                                Simply looking at the CRA doesn't alert anybody! Your NOT Contacting a CRA and hence you are communicating with any DCA but your looking will reveal searchs etc.. Also what is or isn't still on there because a DISCONTINUE Case should not be there should it!
                                I have followed my CRA's for years and stayed one step ahead of DCA's
                                LINK would have searched before starting phones and TXT's OR if puirchased aDebit LINK will have replaced the Original Owner!

Wait SILENCE until you have a letter in writing. BUT do your homework and CRA's are part of this!
                                Last edited by Roger; 4 July 2023, 17:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X