GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script AJ's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the responses Roger and Pat.
    I do generally keep an eye on my CRA, and will see if anything has changed on that. I definitely won't be contacting them directly.

Re Discontinuance - I wasn't aware the discontinued cases should be removed from the credit report. Is that also the case when the claim is struck out?

Comment

Originally posted by Ostrich View Post
      Thanks for the responses Roger and Pat.
      I do generally keep an eye on my CRA, and will see if anything has changed on that. I definitely won't be contacting them directly.

Re Discontinuance - I wasn't aware the discontinued cases should be removed from the credit report. Is that also the case when the claim is struck out?
      WHILE A DEBT IS UE then it can't be reported Its CASE LAW!! You will find this is fairly recent in AAD.

I wouldn't raise CASE Law with CRA
      IF this is the CASE have a word with JCS!

Comment

So, if a case is discontinued/struck out (ie unenforceable), the claimant should not be reporting the debt to CRA's? Had no idea. I just assumed it would disappear from the file 6 years after.

Comment

PART 38 - DISCONTINUANCE - Civil Procedure Rules

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So, if a case is discontinued/struck out (ie unenforceable), the claimant should not be reporting the debt to CRA's? Had no idea. I just assumed it would disappear from the file 6 years after.
            I joined a thread a while ago when the above was news to me, & it seemed then that the general consensus was to leave things as they are and keep your head down while heading for UE. The option is to fight the DCAs & CRAs, potentially failing to get the entries removed while acknowledging the debt in the process.

Comment

I think it should be mentioned that there is a distinction between a discontinued claim, and a debt which a court has ruled to be irredeemably unenforceable.

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice. Not a good idea to poke the hornets nest!

Comment

Find out first whatever you can from the CRA's because of this sudden surge from LINK
                  Who knows what the Current Law is and especially CASE Law but there is existing CASE Law for NOT reporting on UE whilst it is UE and if need arises talk to JCS
                  AGREED Dont poke the hornets nest!
                  Last edited by Roger; 6 July 2023, 12:33. Reason: typo

Comment

I've looked a bit further into this - The reference number they have quoted in their text message relates is the same as the reference number for their discontinued claim.

I guess the reference number could just be a customer number.... If not, presumably they are still chasing for the claim they discontinued. Are they allowed to do this once they've discontinued the claim?

There have been no searches from them on my credit file.

I'm continuing to ignore for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ostrich View Post
                      I've looked a bit further into this - The reference number they have quoted in their text message relates is the same as the reference number for their discontinued claim.

I guess the reference number could just be a customer number.... If not, presumably they are still chasing for the claim they discontinued. Are they allowed to do this once they've discontinued the claim?

There have been no searches from them on my credit file.

I'm continuing to ignore for now.
                      Yes, they can. They discontinued, not had a court rule against them. Remember too, that even if an account is unenforceable, it still exists and they are allowed to ask you for payment.

Comment

• Ok thanks - I thought i'd blocked the number, so will do that now and hope they get bored.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ostrich View Post
                          Ok thanks - I thought i'd blocked the number, so will do that now and hope they get bored.
                          From what I have seen of LINK they will continue to send statements and ask! They can its true Ask!
                          Refuse telephone Calls, SMS and emails. The cost of postage has gone up again and for each letter/statement thats a cost for them without any income!
                          May it long stay that way!

Comment

• Hi all - Been a pretty quiet few months, which has been lovely. Interestingly, nothing at all from L1nk since they took on the Tesco debt (#6)

L0well have started getting a bit more regular with their threatograms about one of the debts (entry #8).

It's my smallest debt - around £600. If it comes to it, I suspect it will be more expensive to defend than to pay off, but a the same time I really don't want to give these DCA's a penny. I appreciate tactics have changed, but I suspect this debt to be unenforceable (mainly due to the age). Is it worth requesting the CCA in this instance or would you recommend radio silence?

TIA

Comment

• Hi

It would be useful if you could update the diary at #8, as the last entry is
                              "Aug '22 - Passed to Wetcloths to handle. Filed."

Has this account been SOLD to Lowell? If so, to which Lowell company, and which Lowell company is chasing you?

Comment

• Apologies - Updated. Yes - account has been sold the Lowell Financial Ltd (LFL)

Comment

Working...
                                X