GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ahhwell UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhwell UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ahhwell UE Diary

Have you arranged to have your mail redirected? Even allowing for the postal service this should give enough time to reply to an N1. Just my thoughts, not AAD policy!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've moved recently and I haven't told anyone that I didn't really need to, have arranged for all mail to be redirected for a year and fully intend to extend that for another year next year. Our debts are SB now but have no intentions of allowing anyone to sneak up on me. It costs about £55 per year but worth the peace of mind. If you are on the electoral register they will realise eventually

Comment

Many thanks for all the responses

Originally posted by Nana58
        I think you must be very carefull with Keynes , see what someone else says xx
        Yes they are stubborn gits but I did manage to back them into a corner for a number of months but then they write to you as though the past never happened.

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk
        To be honest give new address then they cannot get a CCJ by default, .
        Keynes are keen (excuse the pun) at the moment it has been reported.
        I think I will with this crowd as what they have sent me in past is complete nonsense and dates back to an alleged 1997 account for well under £1000.

Originally posted by cymruambyth
        Have you arranged to have your mail redirected? Even allowing for the postal service this should give enough time to reply to an N1. Just my thoughts, not AAD policy!
        I did think of that at the time [April] but by the time I informed Bank, Utilities etc via the internet accounts I thought there was no point in re-directing as I would be paying £29.99 [3 months] to redirect their nonsense. Now I have a guilt trip though lol and thought I should have just done it.

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        I've moved recently and I haven't told anyone that I didn't really need to, have arranged for all mail to be redirected for a year and fully intend to extend that for another year next year. Our debts are SB now but have no intentions of allowing anyone to sneak up on me. It costs about £55 per year but worth the peace of mind. If you are on the electoral register they will realise eventually
        See above.

I think I will send a letter to each of the latest letters I received before I moved and qualify that by writing it is in no way any admission to having an agreement. To be honest they have failed to give anything decent so if they did have something I would have had it a while ago.

Thanks again all, its good just to run it past you before diving in.

Comment

The only thing to worry about really would be a hand delivered claim. That said the claimant must make adequate residency checks PRIOR to issuing any claim, ie a CRA search / a Trace search and a few letters. If they don't, and say a year after you've moved they hand served a claim at your old address that you'd never know about then you would be able to apply for appeal and have it reversed had they not conducted such checks (they'd need evidence).

So I would set up a mail divert for sure. Will this creditor hand deliver a claim? They've been known to. However the moment you tell them the new address everyone will know. Still do a mail redirection as some creditors are a bit thick and won't do monthly searches. I suppose what I'm saying is only you know what's best. If it was me I'd move with a redirect in place. That's it.

If a CCJ would severely affect you / your life / your career then obviously tell your new address. If not (like me) then a mail redirect would suit just fine.

Good luck
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            The only thing to worry about really would be a hand delivered claim. That said the claimant must make adequate residency checks PRIOR to issuing any claim, ie a CRA search / a Trace search and a few letters. If they don't, and say a year after you've moved they hand served a claim at your old address that you'd never know about then you would be able to apply for appeal and have it reversed had they not conducted such checks (they'd need evidence).

So I would set up a mail divert for sure. Will this creditor hand deliver a claim? They've been known to. However the moment you tell them the new address everyone will know. Still do a mail redirection as some creditors are a bit thick and won't do monthly searches. I suppose what I'm saying is only you know what's best. If it was me I'd move with a redirect in place. That's it.

If a CCJ would severely affect you / your life / your career then obviously tell your new address. If not (like me) then a mail redirect would suit just fine.

Good luck
            Many thanks Niddy.

When pay day comes I will do a 3 month divert and see how it all goes.

Thanks all

Comment

Happy new year how are things now xx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
              X