GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lola girl UE diary...newbie! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lola girl UE diary...newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lola girl View Post

No surprise. Letter of claim received from Intrum today. Di I will email it across to you and hopefully we can chat this week to determine the way forward.
    thanks...Lola x

Do you mean you've received a Claim Form from MCOL (NCCBC) or another Letter of Claim from Intrum?

I'm here if you need me

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Do you mean you've received a Claim Form from MCOL (NCCBC) or another Letter of Claim from Intrum?

I'm here if you need me

Di
      Hiya Di - sorry wasn’t very clear...yes it’s a county court claim form. Just scanning it in to email it over.

Comment

Hiya Di - sorry wasn’t very clear...yes it’s a county court claim form. Just scanning it in to email it over.

No need to say sorry.

In the meantime read this post by Jo to help you to put things in perspective >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
        Intrum UK Finance Limited is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Intrum UK Finance Limited which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

Intrum also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.

I'll check my emails now

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

No need to say sorry.

In the meantime read this post by Jo to help you to put things in perspective >

I'll check my emails now

Di
          Thanks Di - reassuring.

Of note re assignment....Intrum actually wrote to me saying they had taken over the account two weeks before it was assigned! They wrote and said they had taken over from 16th... yet Tesco wrote to me on 30th to say it was assigned on 29th. Intrum are clever mind readers!

Comment

• They are so clever they forgot the basics.......like actually getting registered with proper authority!

Comment

• Type of account: Tesco Credit Card
              • Date commenced: 24/3/2007
              • Approx balance: £3,900
              • Date last paid: Aug 2018
              • Are you on arrangement: DMP
              • Account owner: Intrum Uk Finance Ltd
              CCA request - letter received to say they would not comply as I had not included my signature

15/8/19 I have not sent them a signature and have cancelled the StepChange payment. Have sent them a signature not required letter.

30/8/19 letter received acknowledging my complaint (wasn’t aware I’d made one!). No mention of CCA. Filed away.

2/9/19 phone call from Tesco complaints team - they acknowledge that a signature is not required for CCA. CCA will be sent out within 30 days. Advised that as now currently UE I will not be making further payments at present.

5/9/19 original true copy of credit agreement, terms and conditions and a statement received from Tesco. Will send over to Niddy for checking.

6/9/19

Good documents received considering the age of this one. Niddy says enforceable.

27/01/20 Intrum carried out a search on my credit record
              30/01/20 letter from Tesco saying they have assigned the account to Intrum UK Finance Limited
              30/01/20 letter from Intrum Uk Finance Limited confirming that they have purchased the account on 16/01/20 with information on how to set up payments directly to them...filed and ignored
              11/03/20 letter from Intrum asking me to contact them within 10 days or to access online account to set up a monthly payment schedule...filed and ignored
              23/03/20 letter from Intrum - We may take legal action if you don't get in touch which may affect your credit score (not sure how!). They kindly sent me an income form to complete. Filed and ignored
              31/03/20 letter from Intrum - we are thinking of taking you to court. We don't want to but are considering applying for a county court judgement, they may also add court fees of £185 and solicitors costs of £80. If I am affected by Coronavirus I can contact them. No let up from them in current health / economic crisis! Filed and ignored.
              10/4/20 letter from Intrum - would you like a discount? We want to help you to pay without taking you to court. Filed and ignored.
              20/4/20 letter from Intrum - we’re getting ready for legal action. Your account will be handed to the legal team on 30/4/20. May apply for a CCJ and ask court for an attachment of earnings order and a charging order. Filed and ignored
              7/5/20 letter from Intrum - dated 1st May. Headed from the Legal Department. This team are in charge of getting a CCJ against me. They have given me until 11th May to contact them prior to application for CCJ/ solicitors costs and court fees. Filed and ignored.
              11/9/20 - letter from Intrum, they regret I haven’t been in touch. Account on hold for 10 days then passes to solicitors for Letter before Claim. Filed and ignored.
              30/10/20 received letter of claim from Lester Aldridge on behalf of Intrum. Copy sent to Di for some advice as this is enforceable.
              06/11/20 long chat with the lovely Di regarding the Intrum letter of claim and Tesco docs (and their enforceability!), still have a couple of weeks to reply. SAR sent to Tesco in the meantime.
              5/12/20 SAR documents received from Tesco. Did not reply to the letter of claim in November.
              6/1/21 annual statement received from Intrum
              13/1/21 Intrum have carried out 2 searches on my credit file.
              20/1/21 County Claim received from court’s re: Intrum
              28/01/21 Intrum have carried out a hard search on my credit file. Court claim has been passed to JC and the team to deal with so fingers crossed this one gets sorted and they get off my back.
              So annoying they keep recording searches on my file as if it isn’t trashed enough.

Comment

• I know its annoying but in the grand scheme of things its not really much to worry about as the account default/payment record would be of a greater "Damage" as it were

However nothing is forever and things will improve back to the previous "Good" levels

You are in very good hands here and are concentrating your efforts on the important jobs first. The rest will all fall into place
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spud View Post
                  I know its annoying but in the grand scheme of things its not really much to worry about as the account default/payment record would be of a greater "Damage" as it were

However nothing is forever and things will improve back to the previous "Good" levels

You are in very good hands here and are concentrating your efforts on the important jobs first. The rest will all fall into place
                  Thanks Spud... I know you’re right, it’s not that much of a big deal, just annoys me as I know it is all part of them piling on the pressure.
                  I will let the JC team deal with them!

Comment

• Its good to remember that that's what the forum is here for too - Its good to get these things off your chest

There will no doubt be plenty of other people who are not yet members reading this who feel the same, So it helps others too

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I will let the JC team deal with them!

Wise move

Di

Comment

• Type of account: Tesco Credit Card
                        • Date commenced: 24/3/2007
                        • Approx balance: £3,900
                        • Account owner: Intrum Uk Finance Ltd
                        CCA request - letter received to say they would not comply as I had not included my signature

15/8/19 I have not sent them a signature and have cancelled the StepChange payment. Have sent them a signature not required letter.

30/8/19 letter received acknowledging my complaint (wasn’t aware I’d made one!). No mention of CCA. Filed away.

2/9/19 phone call from Tesco complaints team - they acknowledge that a signature is not required for CCA. CCA will be sent out within 30 days. Advised that as now currently UE I will not be making further payments at present.

5/9/19 original true copy of credit agreement, terms and conditions and a statement received from Tesco. Will send over to Niddy for checking.

6/9/19

Good documents received considering the age of this one. Niddy says enforceable.

27/01/20 Intrum carried out a search on my credit record
                        30/01/20 letter from Tesco saying they have assigned the account to Intrum UK Finance Limited
                        30/01/20 letter from Intrum Uk Finance Limited confirming that they have purchased the account on 16/01/20 with information on how to set up payments directly to them...filed and ignored
                        11/03/20 letter from Intrum asking me to contact them within 10 days or to access online account to set up a monthly payment schedule...filed and ignored
                        23/03/20 letter from Intrum - We may take legal action if you don't get in touch which may affect your credit score (not sure how!). They kindly sent me an income form to complete. Filed and ignored
                        31/03/20 letter from Intrum - we are thinking of taking you to court. We don't want to but are considering applying for a county court judgement, they may also add court fees of £185 and solicitors costs of £80. If I am affected by Coronavirus I can contact them. No let up from them in current health / economic crisis! Filed and ignored.
                        10/4/20 letter from Intrum - would you like a discount? We want to help you to pay without taking you to court. Filed and ignored.
                        20/4/20 letter from Intrum - we’re getting ready for legal action. Your account will be handed to the legal team on 30/4/20. May apply for a CCJ and ask court for an attachment of earnings order and a charging order. Filed and ignored
                        7/5/20 letter from Intrum - dated 1st May. Headed from the Legal Department. This team are in charge of getting a CCJ against me. They have given me until 11th May to contact them prior to application for CCJ/ solicitors costs and court fees. Filed and ignored.
                        11/9/20 - letter from Intrum, they regret I haven’t been in touch. Account on hold for 10 days then passes to solicitors for Letter before Claim. Filed and ignored.
                        30/10/20 received letter of claim from Lester Aldridge on behalf of Intrum. Copy sent to Di for some advice as this is enforceable.
                        06/11/20 long chat with the lovely Di regarding the Intrum letter of claim and Tesco docs (and their enforceability!), still have a couple of weeks to reply. SAR sent to Tesco in the meantime.
                        5/12/20 SAR documents received from Tesco. Did not reply to the letter of claim in November.
                        6/1/21 annual statement received from Intrum
                        13/1/21 Intrum have carried out 2 searches on my credit file.
                        20/1/21 County Claim received from court’s re: Intrum
                        28/01/21 Intrum have carried out a hard search on my credit file. Court claim has been passed to JC and the team to deal with so fingers crossed this one gets sorted and they get off my back.

As part of the process Intrum have let slip how much they bought this debt for.....47 quid.
                        DC are such twats aren’t they. £47!!!!

Comment

DC are such twats aren’t they. £47!!!!
                          Now you know why they can offer such exiting deals such as 80% off!
                          I’d rather they dragged it out six years and get nothing.

Comment

• Type of account: MBNA C/ C
                            • Date commenced: 9.1.14
                            • Approx balance: £7k
                            • Account owner: O/C
                            CCA request 30/7/19 - no response as yet

15/8/19 - letter from Moorcroft saying they have asked the OC for the relevant documents. They advise also that they are not seeking to ‘enforce’ the agreement, they are only asking me to make an affordable repayment towards an outstanding debt. Very nice of them! Guess I just cancel the StepChange payment and wait to hear from them

28/8/19 letter received from Moorcroft with 2 years of statements and an agreement. Sent over to Niddy to be checked.

30/8/19. Enforceable....however Niddy advises that it isn’t a lawful s78 response. Advised to do nothing.

28/9/19 x5 phone calls / texts from Moorcroft this week, all ignored but they managed to catch me on the last one, I said I would not discuss anything over phone so could they please remove number and write only in future.

2/10/19 received two letters from Moorcroft. First one giving me 7 days to make arrangement to pay. The second one advising that stepchange have cancelled payments so would I contact them to discuss.

28/10/19 letter from Moorcroft stating they are concerned I’ve not been in touch. Would I like to pay the outstanding by instalments? I have 7 days to respond. Filed

12/11/19 letter from Moorcroft, concerned I have failed to set up repayment plan. Advise if I do not contact in 7 days they may continue to contact me, send a home visit or continue adverse entry on credit report. Filed
                            23/11/19 letter from Moorcroft - they have passed my account to the 'Home Collections Dept' and this MAY involve a local representative calling at my home to help me reconnect and establish my circumstances. If I want to avoid this I can contact them to arrange to pay by 02/12/19. Their client may be able to offer a substantial discount! Filed and ignored
                            06/01/20 Discount offer letter from Moorcroft - to prevent the possibility of further recovery action being taken the client may be able to offer a substantial discount, if I pay an acceptable lump sum within 14 days they will not pursue the remaining balance. Filed and ignored.
                            05/02/20 - Good News letter from Moorcroft - if I telephone them today I can have either an interest free repayment plan or a substantial discount! Filed and ignored
                            18/02/20 Statement received directly from MBNA, confirmation 22/08/19 was last payment made to them
                            20/01/21- annual statement received directly from MBNA
                            30/1/21 - letter from MBNA, account collection now passed to Wescot Credit Services Ltd.....here we go again.

I have just read something saying that MBNA were taken under the Lloyds banking group in 2019. Has anyone else heard this?
                            My current account and bills account and my kids savers (in my name) are with Lloyds....thinking about the offset rules!

Comment

• Lloyds Banking Group has this week completed its £1.9 billion takeover of credit card firm MBNA, but customers of both will see "no changes whatsoever", according to the banking giant.2 Jun 2017 it happened

Comment

• Wonder if it’s likely they would use offset rule for the ‘wider’ banking group.

Comment

Working...
                                X