GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lola girl UE diary...newbie! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lola girl UE diary...newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    I will leave you to your incoherent and contradictory ramblings. All I will say is that Timewilltell is correct, you are making unfounded assumptions.

I am afraid, far from helping you are dangerous because you give bad advice and tell people what to do. Are you a qualified and registered debt advisor?

Comment

• OK folks I will monitor this thread for now, we are here to help members not bicker - so if there may be a disagreement then ask peeps to contact Colin G Quinn and ask the question.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Quite right Tech, the advise given should be correct in the interest of the OP

Comment

• Thanks guys. Been on here a few years now so I know not to take any action without checking it out first.
          As I said previously I have no intention of letting anyone take court action on a debt with an enforceable credit agreement (as per Niddy’s advice) regardless of default notices etc as this is a large amount and I need a mortgage in the next year or two so absolutely not taking any chances with it.

I think as I’m moving into year 4 / 5 with some of these debts I guess after a quiet couple of years the vultures may start to circle!

Comment

• Usual last chance begging letters by them!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lola girl View Post
              • Type of account: Debenhams C/C
              • Date commenced: 15.3.07
              • Approx balance: £4,300
              • Date last paid: Aug 2018 in full and August 2019 to SC
              • Are you on arrangement: No
              • Account owner: Link
              CCA request sent 30/7/19 - no response as yet

3/10/19 letter finally received from Link! Sadly Debenhams cannot comply with the CCA request and they have confirmed it’s now unenforceable. Result!!

6/11/19 letter from Link, they need me to contact them to discuss my intentions and set up a payment plan. They remain committed to helping me clear this balance. How nice! Filed.
              22/11/19 Link search on credit file - not sure why when they bought the debt in July - maybe checking out what else I owe?!
              07/01/20 statement received from Link, confirms my last payment on this debt was 20/08/19
              28/02/20 letter from Link letting me know that although they bought this debt on 10th July 2019 they have reached no conclusion with me on how I intend to repay. They are offering me the opportunity to pay them at £40 per month. No thanks, filed and ignored
              29/4/20 Email from Link - reminding me that I haven’t replied to their letter and agreed a way forward. It’s a fairly nice email, maybe because they have confirmed it’s unenforceable. Details on how to pay them included.
              04/06/20 letter from Link, asking me to get in touch regarding the balance. Filed and ignored.
              7/7/20 statement of account received.
              21/01/21 statement of account received

21/06/21 - response to my CCA request (from 2 years ago) received. First page containing my signature is pretty illegible. Sent over to Niddy to check over anyway.
              uodated....Niddy says illegible and therefore still
              20/7/21 statement of account received.
              30/12/21letter from Link can I set up a repayment plan. Filed and ignored
              05/01/22 statement of account received from Link
              5/7/22 statement received - filed
              5/3/23 letter from Moorcroft they are now collection on the account
              20/4/23 letter from Moorcroft possible further action
              4/5/23 letter from Moorcroft they are concerned I haven’t been in touch
              1/6/23 letter threatening home visit from Moorcroft - filed
              30/6/23 letter from Moorcroft with a name of an individual and a date when they will be attending my property to discuss further!
              Ok so what do I do about this? I will actually be away on the date given but my teenage daughter will be home. Will they try and discuss or get info from her? Do I actually have to ‘prep’ my child?? They have not given me enough notice to write to them. Bloody nuisance! Do I ring or email them?

Comment

Ok so what do I do about this? I will actually be away on the date given but my teenage daughter will be home. Will they try and discuss or get info from her? Do I actually have to ‘prep’ my child?? They have not given me enough notice to write to them. Bloody nuisance! Do I ring or email them?
                Hi Lola girl
                Well if you are not going to be home when they pay the visit, just tell your Daughter to ignore the door, if you feel she would be confident enough to speak to them , she can just say sorry not at home now please leave then close the door

Comment

• If they even try to discuss anything with your daughter just say GDPR to them. But best course of action would be to ignore the door.

Have you sent them the doorstep letter? It used to work - 30 debts only one visit.

Comment

• The Tech Clerk Need the doorstep letter please. I’m on my phone

Comment

• Send by post and get a proof of posting for your records.
                      Bank / DCA Name

Address Line 1

Address Line 2

Town/City

Postcode
                      Your Name

Address Line 1

Address Line 2

Town/City

Postcode

Enter Date

Dear Sirs,

Reference: Enter as appropriate
                      Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.

I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me over the past few weeks and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Should it be your intention to arrange a doorstep visit, please be advised that under the FCA CONC rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you or any representative of yours.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Type Name Here

Comment

• Thanks for the letter. I will send recorded tomorrow and hopefully they will get it (and read it!) before the appointment which is only a few days away. I only received their letter today!

if someone does turn up are they likely to speak to my daughter about it or try and enter? I really shouldn’t have to be prepping my young daughter about debt doorstep collectors

Comment

Thanks for the letter. I will send recorded tomorrow and hopefully they will get it (and read it!) before the appointment which is only a few days away. I only received their letter today!

if someone does turn up are they likely to speak to my daughter about it or try and enter? I really shouldn’t have to be prepping my young daughter about debt doorstep collectors
                          They should not speak to anyone else about your account - including your daughter. All she has to say is that you are not in, and close the door. They won't try to enter, they are not bailiffs. If you are not there, as like as not they will just leave a card, asking you to make contact - which you will ignore!!
                          Last edited by Still Waving; 5 July 2023, 23:20.

Comment

• Letter was received saying that had received my letter and cancelled the visit.

Newday is now owned by Link. Link have carried out both a soft and a hard search in September on the same day? Should they do this? Wonder if they are considering further action? After googling it seems they need my written permission to carry out a hard search? I haven’t moved house. Can I dispute this? Need a mortgage next year so don’t need anything else damaging my file!
                            Last edited by Lola girl; 26 September 2023, 17:20.

Comment

Letter was received saying that had received my letter and cancelled the visit.

Newday is now owned by Link. Link have carried out both a soft and a hard search in September on the same day? Should they do this? Wonder if they are considering further action? After googling it seems they need my written permission to carry out a hard search? I haven’t moved house. Can I dispute this? Need a mortgage next year so don’t need anything else damaging my file!
                              My understanding is that NewDay are credit card providers, for example they provide the John Lewis Card (the move of JL to them was the reason I cancelled it). Link are debt purchasers so my guess is that Link have bought the debt. Does the hard search say what it is for?

Comment

Working...
                              X