GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lola girl UE diary...newbie! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lola girl UE diary...newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lola girl View Post
    • Type of account: Tesco Credit Card
    • Date commenced: 24/3/2007
    • Approx balance: £3,900
    • Date last paid: Aug 2018
    • Are you on arrangement: DMP
    • Account owner: Intrum Uk Finance Ltd
    CCA request - letter received to say they would not comply as I had not included my signature

15/8/19 I have not sent them a signature and have cancelled the StepChange payment. Have sent them a signature not required letter.

30/8/19 letter received acknowledging my complaint (wasn’t aware I’d made one!). No mention of CCA. Filed away.

2/9/19 phone call from Tesco complaints team - they acknowledge that a signature is not required for CCA. CCA will be sent out within 30 days. Advised that as now currently UE I will not be making further payments at present.

5/9/19 original true copy of credit agreement, terms and conditions and a statement received from Tesco. Will send over to Niddy for checking.

6/9/19

Good documents received considering the age of this one. Niddy says enforceable.

27/01/20 Intrum carried out a search on my credit record
    30/01/20 letter from Tesco saying they have assigned the account to Intrum UK Finance Limited
    30/01/20 letter from Intrum Uk Finance Limited confirming that they have purchased the account on 16/01/20 with information on how to set up payments directly to them...filed and ignored
    11/03/20 letter from Intrum asking me to contact them within 10 days or to access online account to set up a monthly payment schedule...filed and ignored
    23/03/20 letter from Intrum - We may take legal action if you don't get in touch which may affect your credit score (not sure how!). They kindly sent me an income form to complete. Filed and ignored
    31/03/20 letter from Intrum - we are thinking of taking you to court. We don't want to but are considering applying for a county court judgement, they may also add court fees of £185 and solicitors costs of £80.

Is that letter from Intrum UK Finance Ltd a formal 'Letter of Claim'?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Is that letter from Intrum UK Finance Ltd a formal 'Letter of Claim'?

Di
      Not as yet Di - do you think that's what they are building up to?

Comment

If they decide to issue a claim there is little you can do to stop it but lots you can do to fight it.

Do you have all the letters they have sent you in the past stashed away?

You have a CCA request that came from Tesco but not one from Intrum - well if they do send a letter of claim you could send Intrum a request (don't do it now as it gives them more time to comply).

If you don't have all the letters such as default notices and assignments you may want to send a SAR to Tesco to see what they have. I would however say no great rush at the moment. If you do get a letter of claim then a SAR is a must do.

Comment

Diana Mayhew I suspect I read that Intrum finance uk ltd are not registered by FCA and therefore con not legally present a case to court?

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
            If they decide to issue a claim there is little you can do to stop it but lots you can do to fight it.

Do you have all the letters they have sent you in the past stashed away?

You have a CCA request that came from Tesco but not one from Intrum - well if they do send a letter of claim you could send Intrum a request (don't do it now as it gives them more time to comply).

If you don't have all the letters such as default notices and assignments you may want to send a SAR to Tesco to see what they have. I would however say no great rush at the moment. If you do get a letter of claim then a SAR is a must do.
            Thanks Warwick...I have kept and filed all letters yes. I’ll wait till they decide to issue the claim and then do another CCA to Intrum and an SAR to Tesco as you suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
              Diana Mayhew I suspect I read that Intrum finance uk ltd are not registered by FCA and therefore con not legally present a case to court?
              Here’s hoping this is correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post

Indeed

You read it here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                Intrum UK Finance Limited is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Intrum UK Finance Limited which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

Intrum also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.

If you are currently defending a claim with Intrum, whether stayed or ongoing, or they have obtained a Default Judgment against you and you have any query please post any queries on this thread..
                Di

Comment

Indeed

You read it here >

Di

Well that's a useful bit of info Di - made my week (not hard at the moment!)
                  Lola x

Comment

I’ll wait till they decide to issue the claim and then do another CCA to Intrum and an SAR to Tesco as you suggest.

If you do receive a Letter of Claim from Intrum then let me know.

Don't send a new CCA Request at that point.

Your CCA Request response from Tesco was deemed enforceable, however we recently had a situation where the credit agreement was technically enforceable, the only problem (for the debt purchaser) is it was his wife's credit card agreement not his (they both had credit cards with the same bank).

Perfect signature, correct date, just wrong person

Di

Comment

• Type of account: Tesco Credit Card
                      • Date commenced: 24/3/2007
                      • Approx balance: £3,900
                      • Account owner: Intrum Uk Finance Ltd
                      CCA request - letter received to say they would not comply as I had not included my signature

15/8/19 I have not sent them a signature and have cancelled the StepChange payment. Have sent them a signature not required letter.

30/8/19 letter received acknowledging my complaint (wasn’t aware I’d made one!). No mention of CCA. Filed away.

2/9/19 phone call from Tesco complaints team - they acknowledge that a signature is not required for CCA. CCA will be sent out within 30 days. Advised that as now currently UE I will not be making further payments at present.

5/9/19 original true copy of credit agreement, terms and conditions and a statement received from Tesco. Will send over to Niddy for checking.

6/9/19

Good documents received considering the age of this one. Niddy says enforceable.

27/01/20 Intrum carried out a search on my credit record
                      30/01/20 letter from Tesco saying they have assigned the account to Intrum UK Finance Limited
                      30/01/20 letter from Intrum Uk Finance Limited confirming that they have purchased the account on 16/01/20 with information on how to set up payments directly to them...filed and ignored
                      11/03/20 letter from Intrum asking me to contact them within 10 days or to access online account to set up a monthly payment schedule...filed and ignored
                      23/03/20 letter from Intrum - We may take legal action if you don't get in touch which may affect your credit score (not sure how!). They kindly sent me an income form to complete. Filed and ignored
                      31/03/20 letter from Intrum - we are thinking of taking you to court. We don't want to but are considering applying for a county court judgement, they may also add court fees of £185 and solicitors costs of £80. If I am affected by Coronavirus I can contact them. No let up from them in current health / economic crisis! Filed and ignored.
                      10/4/20 letter from Intrum - would you like a discount? We want to help you to pay without taking you to court. Filed and ignored.
                      20/4/20 letter from Intrum - we’re getting ready for legal action. Your account will be handed to the legal team on 30/4/20. May apply for a CCJ and ask court for an attachment of earnings order and a charging order. Filed and ignored

I have read Susieblings daughters thread on page 1 of the unenforceable diaries and it would seem that I am receiving the same letters from Intrum - expecting a letter of claim next! Notwithstanding your advice Di about the status of Intrum and their ability to issue proceedings do you think this would be a good time to send an SAR to Tesco in preparation? Or should I just continue to do nothing and see what they do next?
                      Lola x

Comment

expecting a letter of claim next! Notwithstanding your advice Di about the status of Intrum and their ability to issue proceedings do you think this would be a good time to send an SAR to Tesco in preparation? Or should I just continue to do nothing and see what they do next?

If you get a Letter of Claim from Intrum post on your thread and also email it to me using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

I think it's too soon to send a SAR to Tesco - you won't capture any interaction between them and Intrum if you do this too soon.

Also, if you send a SAR there's always the possibility that the content may get 'amended' . . . .

It's a pity you made a complaint to Tesco about their insistence of a signature on your s78 CCA Request. Ideally you would have ignored them, they would have ignored your CCA Request, and then you'd be in a better position.

However, hopefully Intrum are oblivious to what happened between you and Tesco, so whatever happens don't tell them!

Di

Comment

If you get a Letter of Claim from Intrum post on your thread and also email it to me using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

I think it's too soon to send a SAR to Tesco - you won't capture any interaction between them and Intrum if you do this too soon.

Also, if you send a SAR there's always the possibility that the content may get 'amended' . . . .

It's a pity you made a complaint to Tesco about their insistence of a signature on your s78 CCA Request. Ideally you would have ignored them, they would have ignored your CCA Request, and then you'd be in a better position.

However, hopefully Intrum are oblivious to what happened between you and Tesco, so whatever happens don't tell them!

Di
                          Thanks for this Di

I will carry on doing nothing - am quite getting used to it!

One thing of note - the letter received today from Intrum 'legal department' makes no mention of the finance bit in the title? So INTRUM UK LIMITED. Just thought I would mention it.
                          Lola x

Comment

• Type of account: Barclaycard
                            • Date commenced: 25/3/13
                            • Approx balance: £6k
                            • Account owner: PRA
                            CCA request - documentation received, sent to Niddy to be checked
                            15/8/19 - this one has come back as unenforceable. I have cancelled my payment to Stepchange. Will send letter re missing terms to PRA.

19/8/19 missing terms letter sent to PRA
                            21/8/19 response from PRA with a copy of the unenforceable agreement already received...sent to Niddy to be checked just in case...still UE.
                            24/03/20 Nothing heard at all from Barclaycard or PRA so far...
                            25/03/20 Statement from PRA - to comply with obligations under CCA they are sending me a statement. No request for payment.
                            7/5/20 - 5 calls from PRA this last week. Answered the 3rd one and told them I do not discuss anything over the phone. They are obviously lockdown bored!
                            21/05/20 - another week of calls from PRA, answered 2 days ago and stated I do not discuss over phone and can they remove number. Another call yesterday, said they are now harassing me. They have guaranteed no more calls (yeah right).
                            26/05/20 letter received from PRA...
                            Thanks for your contact. The balance of your account is....
                            I haven’t made contact or engaged with them other than to tell them I would not discuss anything on phone and to remove my number. However this letter makes it sound like I made contact with them. Can I assume that they can’t make out that I have?
                            Lola x

Comment

just a template file away and up date diary does it state annual statement?
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                                just a template file away and up date diary does it state annual statement?
                                No - it literally just says thank you fro making contact, your balance is 6k.
                                then...if you are affected by corona contact us. Doesn’t ask for payment or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X