GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Neenys UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neenys UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt 2

Type of account: Barclaycard Credit Card (via IHG chain, International Hotel Group)
    Date commenced: 30.04.2012
    Approx balance: £2190
    Date last paid: Last Payment 21.06.2019
    Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was in IVA with Step Change between Aug 2016 to Oct 2018, now paying direct
    Status Defaulted: 18.07.2016
    Account owner: Barclaycard
    09/07/2019 - SAR request sent to Barclaycard
    12/07/2019 - Letter received from Barclaycard acknowledging receipt of SAR request, stating they will provide requested information within 90 days. They may call me for verification purposes.
    Last edited by NeenyT; 15 July 2019, 13:31.

Comment

Debts 3, 4, 5 & 6 were because of 4 cards being sent together (only successfully applied once though).

Debt 3 PRA33

Type of account: Barclaycard Credit Card
      Date commenced: 27.06.2013
      Approx balance: £280
      Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was in IVA with Step Change between Aug 2016 to Oct 2018, now paying via PRA
      Account owner: PRA
      04/07/2019 - CCA request sent via email
      09/07/2019 - CCA via recorded delivery inc £1.
      19/07/2019 - Emailed letter received includes short form cancellation, historic terms and varied terms.
      04/08/2019 - Emailed to Niddy for checking, no response as yet.
      20/08/2019 - re- sent to Webmaster for checking
      Last edited by NeenyT; 20 August 2019, 16:54.

Comment

Debts 3, 4, 5 & 6 were because of 4 cards being sent together (only successfully applied once though).

Debt 4 PRA30

Approx balance: £841
        Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was in IVA with Step Change between Aug 2016 to Oct 2018, now paying via PRA
        05/07/2019 - Response received from PRA stating they do not keep these agreements so will go to Barclaycard to get them.
        Last edited by NeenyT; 19 July 2019, 14:11.

Comment

Debt 5 PRA32

Date commenced: 24.06.2013
          Approx balance: £1730
          05/07/2019 - Response received from PRA stating they do not keep these agreements so will go to Barclaycard to get them.
          15/07/2019 - Response Received with only copy statements
          Last edited by NeenyT; 15 August 2019, 17:31.

Comment

Debt 6 PRA31

Date commenced: 24.06.2013
            Approx balance: £1900
            15/07/2019 - Response Received with only copy statements
            20/08/2019 - re-sent for checking
            Last edited by NeenyT; 20 August 2019, 17:02.

Comment

Originally posted by NeenyT View Post

Debt 3 PRA33

19/07/209 - Response received from PRA. No copy statements but has reconstituted terms. Barely legible in parts.
              Updated due to response from PRA for above account ending 0033. Should I send to Niddy for confirmation, Diana, or should I wait until they send through what I actually asked for before forwarding on?

Comment

Updated due to response from PRA for above account ending 0033. Should I send to Niddy for confirmation, Diana, or should I wait until they send through what I actually asked for before forwarding on?
                if there is only terms and conditions, then they have not sent what you asked for, BUT.. I note that you sent the request by email,

A formal CCA request should be sent by post, along with the £1 fee required for it, sent signed for, so that you have proof of them receiving the request, copys should also be kept by yourself.
                email documents can always be altered, not that I am saying they are, just that they can be.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

if there is only terms and conditions, then they have not sent what you asked for, BUT.. I note that you sent the request by email,

A formal CCA request should be sent by post, along with the £1 fee required for it, sent signed for, so that you have proof of them receiving the request, copys should also be kept by yourself.
                  email documents can always be altered, not that I am saying they are, just that they can be.
                  Sorry. I did subsequently send via recorded post with the £1s. Forgot to add to diary, but did actually send correctly after advice from Diana and others last week.

Comment

Debt 2

Type of account: Barclaycard Credit Card (via IHG chain, International Hotel Group)
                    Date commenced: 30.04.2012
                    Approx balance: £2190
                    Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was in IVA with Step Change between Aug 2016 to Oct 2018, now paying direct
                    Account owner: Barclaycard
                    09/07/2019 - SAR request sent to Barclaycard
                    12/07/2019 - Letter received from Barclaycard acknowledging receipt of SAR request, stating they will provide requested information within 90 days. They may call me for verification purposes.

Did you send a s77/78 CCA Request to Barclaycard with the £1 statutory fee for this debt, or did you only send a SAR?

Looking at your updates it seems that all your other debts may be unenforceable due to non compliance with your CCA Requests sent last month (9th July)

Di

Comment

Hi Diana,

I only sent a SAR to Barclaycard as I was interested how I even passed their credit checks for 4 credit cards when I already had 5 active credit cards in the first place (I actually only remembered this fact after checking my credit report which clearly showed I had 5 credit cards already when they accepted me for 4 more, even though I applied once) . I have requested every single piece of information relating to the 4 accounts that they have.

If you think it’s worth me trying the CCA route with them, then I’m happy to give it a bash. Wescot & PRA have not sent me what I asked for.

To be honest, I’d be a bit wary of stopping all payments as I don’t want them sending to goons round to my folks house. It’s my mess and I don’t want them dragged into anything. I’m thinking of reducing down to minimal payment amounts, not yet, obviously, but maybe in a couple of months time.

Comment

Hi
                        I would say it is not just advisable but essential you send S77-79 requests . If I have read it correctly you need to send 4, one for each card.

If you have sent one do not send another but non compliance protects your legal position if they can not comply

I am sure Di will add if I have missed anything

Comment

Hi
                          I would say it is not just advisable but essential you send S77-79 requests . If I have read it correctly you need to send 4, one for each card.

If you have sent one do not send another but non compliance protects your legal position if they can not comply

I am sure Di will add if I have missed anything

By the way, are they writing to you at your address or your parents?

Comment

The 4 Barclaycards I referred to are now with PRA, who have not complied with the 4 requests I sent. I have one remaining account with Barclaycard directly. Should I try a separate CCA for the one card I have directly with Barclaycard?

Due to my debts I am currently living with parents, so all correspondence goes there.

Comment

[QUOTE=NeenyT;n1526844]Debts 3, 4, 5 & 6 were because of 4 cards being sent together (only successfully applied once though).

Debt 3 PRA33

19/07/2019 - Emailed letter received includes short form cancellation, historic terms and varied terms. States my request has been fulfilled.

I am not sure if this has been fulfilled as their letter states. The "agreement" is only words, my name/address etc appears nowhere on the actual agreement, only in the covering letter. Is there any way I can send this to someone to have a wee look at please?

Comment

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk send as it is no x out & link to this thread
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X