GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Florida Jens diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Jens diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floridajen View Post
    we have had three letters from PRA saying.... could you settle your account. Then going on to say a figure of settlement about a couple of hundred off balance. I can pay in one go, three monthly payments or six monthly payments

the debts these letters correspond to niddy advised two were UE and was was enforceable.

Any advice what we should do please???

Generally speaking if a debt is deemed unenforceable then this forum suggests you ignore correspondence unless it's a Letter Before Claim.

However a lot depends on the history of the debt and the amount being chased etc. Is it possible to identify which debt received which letter, in particular the one you say the credit agreement is enforceable in case there are other potential legal issues which could make the debt unenforceable?

Di

Comment

we have had three letters from PRA saying.... could you settle your account. Then going on to say a figure of settlement about a couple of hundred off balance. I can pay in one go, three monthly payments or six monthly payments

the debts these letters correspond to niddy advised two were UE and was was enforceable.

Generally speaking if a debt is deemed unenforceable then this forum suggests you ignore correspondence unless it's a Letter Before Claim.

However a lot depends on the history of the debt and the amount being chased etc. Is it possible to identify which debt received which letter, in particular the one you say the credit agreement is enforceable in case there are other potential legal issues which could make the debt unenforceable?

Di

Comment

Good morning FJ,
        you say you received 3 letters are they all for the same account? as you appear to have 4 accounts with PRA, it is starting to get a little confusing to which account (s) you are refering to,

you havn't linked to which is which
        could I make a suggestion,

I think it would mike life a little easier if you could link each seperate letter to each account. SO for example:-

If, letter one concerns debt 1,
        go to your opening thread for debt one hit "edit", at the bottom of the post,
        enter the date,roughly what the letter say's,
        hit save,
        then hit quote, and add a question or just say up date
        hit post reply.

we then have the history of the debt , with out having to go back and forth through all your posts.

do the same for letter 2 and 3, or if for the same account just link them to that one account,

as you can imagine if you have 6 debts and don't add the letters sent and received to that part of your diary, it means that as your diary gets bigger we have to search throuch all of it to find out what has happened in the past, something that has been said to help you, could be missed, or we could miss one of the post and give the wrong advice,

sorry if I soundlike a school teacher, but it helps us help you quicker,

if you like please feel free to read my diary,
        https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...-diary-of-debt.

just get a coffee and sandwich it is a long thread

hope this helps NW xx
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Very sound advice Nightwatch. I do find the threads of some recent members hard to follow, as they don't follow the recommended method of providing a clear separate ongoing history for each account.

Comment

Ok here we go. 6 debts in total so I will try and do a post for each.

be gentle with me I am a newbie to this site

Debt 1
            • Type of account (credit card/loan) Barclaycard
            • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) ???
            • Approx balance. Approx 7000
            • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) 2013
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying. Was paying Stepchange till June 2018
            • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Default
            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender. DCA. PRA group

statement received paid minimum payment
            statement received nil paid
            letter received stating they didn't receive payment

statement received stating payment received via Stepchange
            same every month for rest of year
            letter sent advising situation not changed
            letter received saying thank you for letter payments will stay same

statement
            statement
            letter received section 87 (1)

statement from PRA

Stopped payments via Stepchange want to go Self managed
            May CCA request made
            postal order sent back with letter stating account on hold
            ​​​​​​ letter from PRA stating unenforceable
            letter received stating enclosed copy docs as requested. Received reconstituted copy, terms and conditions and a copy statement.

I emailed Niddy who advises unenforceable

APOLOGIES NOT IN COLOURs I am on an iPad and don't know how to do?

Letter received 4th September along with numerous phone calls to which we have not answered....

Letter asks if we can settle account and giving three option
            pay a discount price (couple hundred off)
            three monthly instalments
            six monthly instalments

please call us to arrange .......

what should we do please??
            would ideally like the calls to stop
            UPDATE

Comment

Debt 3
              • Type of account (credit card/loan) Barclayloan Plus
              • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 20th October 2011
              • Approx balance. £3000
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying. Was paying Stepchange till 2018
              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender. DCA. PRA Group

letter received from Barclays advising I had cancelled the DD
              letter received advising missed a payment
              Letter received Notice of Default section 87 (1)
              letter received advising receipt of payment proposal

letter received Arrears Notice
              statement received
              letter received stating receipt of offer of payment

letter from Barclays Arrears Notice
              letter received from Barclays 12 month review
              letter received advising they are in receipt of payment from Stepchange
              ​​​​​​
              ​​​​​​
              Arrears Notice received
              Arrears Notice received
              letter received from Barclays thanking us for providing details of Stepchange
              letter received from Barclays advising offer of payment received
              received from Barclays advising transfer to PRA Group
              statement received from Barclays
              letter received from Barclays saying transfer now complete
              letter received from PRA Group saying they purchased debt
              letter received from PRA Group section 86B

letter received from PRA Group statement of account

letter received from PRA Group statement of account

I sent a CCA request with £1 postal order
              letter received back from PRA Group returning PO and account on hold
              letter received from PRA enclosing copy documents as requested.

(sent all to Niddy who thinks enforceable)
              ????

Next steps please ? Thanks

Letter received 4th September along with numerous phone calls to which we have not answered....

six monthly instalments

UPDATE

Comment

Debt 5
                • Type of account (credit card/loan) Barclaycard
                • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) ????
                • Approx balance. £1900
                • Are you on arrangement or not paying. Was paying Stepchange till 2018
                • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender. DCA. PRA Group
                statement received from Barclaycard
                letter received thanking me for letting them know about stepchange

Monthly statements received
                letter from Barclaycard advising they have had payment offer from stepchange

Monthly statements received
                Default letter 87 (1)
                letter from Barclaycard Formal Demand
                as above
                letter advising account transferring to PRA Group
                letter advising account now closed
                letter from PRA Group saying they have purchased account

letter from PRA statement of account

Letter from PRA account summary

I sent CCA request with £1 PO
                I received PO back with PO account of hold
                letter from PRA enclosing some documents but stating unenforceable
                letter enclosing copy documents as requested
                emailed to Niddy - he thinks UE

Thanks for any help ---- 5 down 1 more debt to add - sorry if you are all bored x

six monthly instalments

UPDATE

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                  Good morning FJ,
                  you say you received 3 letters are they all for the same account? as you appear to have 4 accounts with PRA, it is starting to get a little confusing to which account (s) you are refering to,

you havn't linked to which is which
                  could I make a suggestion,

I think it would mike life a little easier if you could link each seperate letter to each account. SO for example:-

If, letter one concerns debt 1,
                  go to your opening thread for debt one hit "edit", at the bottom of the post,
                  enter the date,roughly what the letter say's,
                  hit save,
                  then hit quote, and add a question or just say up date
                  hit post reply.

we then have the history of the debt , with out having to go back and forth through all your posts.

do the same for letter 2 and 3, or if for the same account just link them to that one account,

as you can imagine if you have 6 debts and don't add the letters sent and received to that part of your diary, it means that as your diary gets bigger we have to search throuch all of it to find out what has happened in the past, something that has been said to help you, could be missed, or we could miss one of the post and give the wrong advice,

sorry if I soundlike a school teacher, but it helps us help you quicker,

if you like please feel free to read my diary,
                  https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...-diary-of-debt.

just get a coffee and sandwich it is a long thread

hope this helps NW xx
                  I have tried to do this but not sure if I done it correctly thanks

Comment

My own experience here is that a couple of months of phone Calls (ignored or better blocked) is useful before for sending the AAD Harassment Letter.

Numerous phone calls (make certain if you can that you have the date and hopefully time of these). If you have a BT phone then you can use (without extra cost their Call Protect service [black the numbers])

Now obviously you can't tell which Debt PRA are chasing by phone because presumably the Call doesn't get that far. So you can't really enter a diarise an entry against a specific debt can you.!!!
                    But you could send three harassment letters that one for each of the three Debts after a couple of months!

This then just leaves the individual letters. At the moment these do not seem to be threatening and can be filed away against each individual debt.

We have all been through this harassment process and it can work to your benefit!!

Your are doing well

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                      My own experience here is that a couple of months of phone Calls (ignored or better blocked) is useful before for sending the AAD Harassment Letter.

Numerous phone calls (make certain if you can that you have the date and hopefully time of these). If you have a BT phone then you can use (without extra cost their Call Protect service [black the numbers])

Now obviously you can't tell which Debt PRA are chasing by phone because presumably the Call doesn't get that far. So you can't really enter a diarise an entry against a specific debt can you.!!!
                      But you could send three harassment letters that one for each of the three Debts after a couple of months!

This then just leaves the individual letters. At the moment these do not seem to be threatening and can be filed away against each individual debt.

We have all been through this harassment process and it can work to your benefit!!

Your are doing well
                      Thank you for your advice much appreciated

Comment

Another option is to send 1 letter and list all the account numbers saying you wish to communicate only in writing. The downside to this is that they might join the dots , particularly if the names of the accounts aren't all in the same name e.g Jen, Jennie, Jennifer - you get my point. Recently a high st bank did not connect me with my sunday name and my shortened name even though the address and DOB were the same.

It is entirely up to you and how you can deal with them, are they very stressful ? If so send the letters earlier to save your sanity

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                          Another option is to send 1 letter and list all the account numbers saying you wish to communicate only in writing. The downside to this is that they might join the dots , particularly if the names of the accounts aren't all in the same name e.g Jen, Jennie, Jennifer - you get my point. Recently a high st bank did not connect me with my sunday name and my shortened name even though the address and DOB were the same.

It is entirely up to you and how you can deal with them, are they very stressful ? If so send the letters earlier to save your sanity
                          PRA still calling daily to both mobiles and landline (dont know how they got numbers) stepchange?? We have resorted to switching off landline but really need it on as my elderly mother also rings it. This is bordering on harassment now. I don't want to admit to anything to them and don't know which debts they are ringing about.

Any advice please

Comment

get BT call minder not expensive
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you have a BT line you can block numbers, it's part of their 'free' security package. If not have you actually told them you will only communicate in writing as I suggested 4 weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                                If you have a BT line you can block numbers, it's part of their 'free' security package. If not have you actually told them you will only communicate in writing as I suggested 4 weeks ago
                                Completely agree with Warwick.
                                BT have a free Call Barr facility!
                                You can switch this on yourself. You can also enter Phone Numbers (don't have to wait for them to phone you).
                                It also means you have a record of the time and date of their CALLS.

Its really important to keep a list of the time and date of their Calls!
                                Harrassment is unlawful!

Comment

Working...
                                X