GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Florida Jens diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Jens diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Floridajen View Post

Letter from Barclays states account has been passed to Arvarto Financial Services to manage account of their behalf. Then letter received from Arvarto saying we have been asked to contact for repayment of amount.

Any advice what I should do now please ? Thanks
    Just bumping as I would appreciate any advice thanks

Comment

• Ok as you have only had the one letter from Avarto I would wait and see what else they send,
      If you jump in at the 1st letter they think you may pay the full amount if pushed, bide your time and see what they send next.
      NW
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
        Ok as you have only had the one letter from Avarto I would wait and see what else they send,
        If you jump in at the 1st letter they think you may pay the full amount if pushed, bide your time and see what they send next.
        NW
        Thank you for your advice much appreciated

Comment

Debt 5
          • Type of account (credit card/loan) Barclaycard
          • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) ????
          • Approx balance. ÂŁ1900
          • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) 2013
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying. Was paying Stepchange till 2018
          • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Default
          • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender. DCA. PRA Group
          statement received from Barclaycard
          letter received thanking me for letting them know about stepchange

Monthly statements received
          letter from Barclaycard advising they have had payment offer from stepchange

Monthly statements received
          Default letter 87 (1)
          letter from Barclaycard Formal Demand
          as above
          letter advising account transferring to PRA Group
          letter advising account now closed
          letter from PRA Group saying they have purchased account

letter from PRA statement of account

Letter from PRA account summary

I sent CCA request with ÂŁ1 PO
          I received PO back with PO account of hold
          letter from PRA enclosing some documents but stating unenforceable
          letter enclosing copy documents as requested
          emailed to Niddy - he thinks UE

Thanks for any help ---- 5 down 1 more debt to add - sorry if you are all bored x

Letter received 4th September along with numerous phone calls to which we have not answered....

Letter asks if we can settle account and giving three option
          pay a discount price (couple hundred off)
          three monthly instalments
          six monthly instalments

please call us to arrange .......

what should we do please??
          would ideally like the calls to stop

UPDATE 18/12/2018
          Letter received from PRA
          account now been transferred to litigation dept.
          this is a letter before claim and to give notice of PRA intention to issue court proceedings
          since I did not respond I am now liable for the original amount !!!!!
          given a time by where I have to respond and tick sheets on if I agree that just owe the amount or owe some of it, don't know, dispute etc.
          tick sheet if I am paying now, pay but need time
          am I getting advice
          do I need further info?

HELP this has scared me now. Niddy originally though this was UE.

please can anyone help me or advise me what to do. !!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Comment

UPDATE 18/12/2018
            Letter received from PRA
            this is a letter before claim and to give notice of PRA intention to issue court proceedings
            given a time by where I have to respond and tick sheets on if I agree that just owe the amount or owe some of it, don't know, dispute etc.
            am I getting advice
            do I need further info?

Thanks
            HI can anybody help with the above post. I have to reply by 16th January and am really worried.
            Last edited by Floridajen; 29 December 2018, 19:17. Reason: UPDATE AND ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

Comment

Debt 3
              • Type of account (credit card/loan) Barclayloan Plus
              • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 20th October 2011
              • Approx balance. ÂŁ3000
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying. Was paying Stepchange till 2018
              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender. DCA. PRA Group

letter received from Barclays advising I had cancelled the DD
              letter received advising missed a payment
              Letter received Notice of Default section 87 (1)
              letter received advising receipt of payment proposal

letter received Arrears Notice
              statement received
              letter received stating receipt of offer of payment

letter from Barclays Arrears Notice
              letter received from Barclays 12 month review
              letter received advising they are in receipt of payment from Stepchange
              ​​​​​​
              ​​​​​​
              Arrears Notice received
              Arrears Notice received
              letter received from Barclays thanking us for providing details of Stepchange
              letter received from Barclays advising offer of payment received
              received from Barclays advising transfer to PRA Group
              statement received from Barclays
              letter received from Barclays saying transfer now complete
              letter received from PRA Group saying they purchased debt
              letter received from PRA Group section 86B

letter received from PRA Group statement of account

letter received from PRA Group statement of account

I sent a CCA request with ÂŁ1 postal order
              letter received back from PRA Group returning PO and account on hold
              letter received from PRA enclosing copy documents as requested.

(sent all to Niddy who thinks enforceable)
              ????

Next steps please ? Thanks

Letter received 4th September along with numerous phone calls to which we have not answered....

six monthly instalments

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************
              28.12.2018 A letter received again today along with numerous phone calls (one on xmas eve at 10.20pm!!!)
              letter was an account summary along with a letter stating 86B of the CCA 1974

do we do anything please?
              Last edited by Floridajen; 30 December 2018, 20:38.

Comment

Ok here we go. 6 debts in total so I will try and do a post for each.

be gentle with me I am a newbie to this site

Debt 1
                • Type of account (credit card/loan) Barclaycard
                • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) ???
                • Approx balance. Approx 7000
                • Are you on arrangement or not paying. Was paying Stepchange till June 2018
                • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender. DCA. PRA group

statement received paid minimum payment
                statement received nil paid
                letter received stating they didn't receive payment

statement received stating payment received via Stepchange
                same every month for rest of year
                letter sent advising situation not changed
                letter received saying thank you for letter payments will stay same

statement
                statement
                letter received section 87 (1)

statement from PRA

Stopped payments via Stepchange want to go Self managed
                May CCA request made
                postal order sent back with letter stating account on hold
                ​​​​​​ letter from PRA stating unenforceable
                letter received stating enclosed copy docs as requested. Received reconstituted copy, terms and conditions and a copy statement.

I emailed Niddy who advises unenforceable

APOLOGIES NOT IN COLOURs I am on an iPad and don't know how to do?

six monthly instalments

14th December 2018

Letter Received asking if we can settle our account?

Do we just ignore ? We obviously cannot pay
                Many thanks for any advice given

Comment

• Any advice greatly appreciated thanks

Comment

• Any advice greatly appreciated thanks

Comment

UPDATE 18/12/2018
                      Letter received from PRA
                      am I getting advice
                      do I need further info?

Thanks
                      any advice greatly appreciated

Comment

• Hi, send Diana Mayhew a message. You need to reply and she is the best person to guide you. You have 30 days to reply; she may take a few days as it is the holidays.
                        Try not to worry as you will get help and guidance.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• First things first........Although it is hard not to....... and easy for me to say........Please don't be scared .........I and many members here have been in the same position as yourself........Its not fantastic.......I totally acknowledge that..........But neither is it anything to worry about......Knowledge conquers fear........trust me

It would seem that you have until 16th January to reply - So that will leave you plenty of time........There is no panic to get this back so we can breathe for a few days and get things in order

Just because PRA say they have the intention to issue court proceedings.......It does not mean they necessarily will........although yes.....they might

Niddy has previously deemed this to be unenforceable - So there must be some errors somewhere ( Keep those to yourself at this stage) - There are many reasons why a claim would fall down in court - Not just the agreement being unenforceable........so this is all to play for at this stage........It is a logical and ordered approach that will win the day here

It is not unknown for PRA to issue court proceedings on accounts that are completely unenforceable - Indeed is is very common - I speak from personal experience

So just because they are thinking of issuing a claim.........It does not mean the account IS Enforceable.......its just that they may think it is......or are chancing their arm hoping that you will just give in......so again don't worry - Many claims issued from PRA ( If they ever get that far ) are discontinued once they realise that they are unlikely to win or they just plain lose the case due to various faults or reasons

The main thing is we will get you back in control and feeling better about this.......As I said - Knowledge is power.........

Comment

• Just to follow on from that........Have a look at another members diary who are in a similar position to yourself regarding a PRA letter........ https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...n-s-ue-journey

We will get you sorted

Comment

• Thank you so much for the reply's I will email Diana . Much appreciated

Comment

UPDATE 18/12/2018
                                Letter received from PRA
                                am I getting advice
                                do I need further info?

If you’ve been told the credit agreement is unenforceable then tick Box D on the Letter Before Claim reply form stating that they have not complied with your s77-79 CCA Request.

Thats all

No need to complete the Income & Expenditure section, or any other section.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X