GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Caesar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caesar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds bizarrebut it makes get just be a tactic. Don’t ask for the DN and don’t tell them. This is the second account I have heard of with multiple letters of claim.

Comment

• Thank you Warwick65 .

I need one more advice. How should I deal with a company who is calling me almost daily and they change the phone number at one point? Should I ignore them?

Comment

• Hi

I would write to them giving the number they are calling and if they are using multiple numbers list some of them. I simple few lines

Dear x

The following numbers (List them) which I believe belong to your company have been calling me on the minimum of a daily basis and not leaving a message. I find this personally intimidating and request that as per the FCA guidelines you only communicate with me in writing.

The number you have been calling is ...........

Yours
        Caesar

Alter it to fit the circumstances, it is particularly annoying when they do not leave a message

The alternative is to answer a call , refuse security and tell them to contact you in writing.
        I have done this successfully with several companies such as Cabot , Lowell etc.

Again and the is a personal view, its getting the tone right between confrontational and assertive. If they carry on then send a follow up letter headed Formal Complaint but come back here first

Comment

• Harassment by Telephone
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caesar View Post
            2. Avant credit
            • Type of account ( personal loan)
            • Date commenced (2016)
            • Approx balance £4.000
            • Date last paid (last full payment May 2016, but I have payed small amount on payment plan until 2017)
            • Not paying
            • Status (default)
            • Account owner (Asset Collections and Investigations Limited)
            Avant credit sold my account to Asset Collections and Investigations Limited in summer of 2017. Asset Collection sent me 3 letter and a few mails and told them I am disputing the account with Avant Credit. I complained them to FOS for irresponsible lending but was rejected. Before selling the account to Asset, Avant offered me to settle the account to 30% of the amount but unfortunately I did't have that money to pay.

02.02.2018 Sent CCA request to Asset Collections
            06.02.2018 Email from Asset Collections, Notice of Sum in Arrears and they added that £1 for CCA request as a payment to them and deducted from my balance. Why is that? Is it correct?
            08.02,2018 Received letter from Asset Collections and Investigations Limited: ,,please find enclosed copy of your Consumers Credit Agreement, Statement of Accounts and Notice of Default as requested. Please call us within 24 hours of receiving this letter''
            Niddy has said it's enforceable.
            02.05.2018 Asset Collections and Investigations Limited sent me a Letter of Claim.
            29.05.2018 Replied to Letter of Claim. I haven't acknowledged the debt and told them I am disputing it. After that, Asset Collection sent me one more time the same documents sent after CCA request, and nothing more. The documents included a copy of agreement but not the documents that I requested on my reply to LoC.
            June.2018 Sent SAR request to original credito (Avant) but no reply so far. They just ignore me.
            Sept 2018 Received SAR from Avant Credit served by email
            Oct 2018 Email from Asset Collections: ,,I am writing to confirm that we have received notification of your dispute relating to Avant Credit''. They've attached: Avant Credit anual statement, Consumer credit agreement - I can't open it, FCA Arrears Information and Notice of Assignment from Avant Credit to Asset Collections - That was served by new owner, Asset Collections.
            April 2019. Email, phone call and text message from Asset Collections. They are offering me 25% reduction on the balance to settle. Ignored them.
            New email from Asset Collections and Investigations Limited: ,, IMPORTANT We have been trying to contact you to discuss your account but have had no response to date.
            Our goal is to resolve this matter with you, however if we do not hear from you, we will have little option but to refer this matter to a third party legal company that may result in commencing legal proceedings against you.
            This could result in the following: - A County Court Judgment (England & Wales) or Decree (Northern Ireland & Scotland) against you; - Additional Court Fee's and Interest applied to your balance; - You could be placed on the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines for 6 years; - Difficulty in obtaining credit in the future. Please contact us...''

Should I reply something to this? To let them me know I exist, or just ignore like I did so far?

Comment

Last edited by Caesar; 28 May 2019, 08:39. Reason: double post

Comment

6. Aqua
                • Type of account (credit card)
                • Date commenced ( Apr 2016)
                • Approx balance £500
                • Date last paid (July 2016)
                • Not paying
                • Status (default)
                • Account owner (Cabot)
                Aqua sold my account to Cabot in 2017. They sent me a lot of letters and phone calls. Answered once and told them I am disputing the account with Aqua and no other contact with them. Last letter they sent me an I&E form in order to start a payment plan with them.

Feb. 2018 Sent CCA request to Cabot.
                Feb.2018 Received reply form Cabot. They don't have this information on file. They won't be able to provide the information requested in 12 days but they hope to do this in 40 days.
                Aug.2018 Received CCA request from Cabot. Reconstituted agreement and Niddy said it looks dodgy and very confusing but being new it's definitely Enforceable.
                Sept.2018 Letter from Cabot that they are referring my account to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.
                Sept.2018 Letter of Claim from Mortimer Clarke
                Sept.2018 Sent SAR to Aqua and CCA request to Cabot
                Oct 2018 received letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitor that they have requested copies of the original Agreement and other relevant documents. My account has been place on hold until these documents are obtained.
                Oct 2018 received SAR from Aqua
                April 2019 Letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors: Please find attached the following documents: Statement of Account, Reconstituted Copy of Your Agreement, Terms and Conditions from Aqua. Our client is not able to provide a copy of the original credit agreement. Our client position: our client would like to settle matters with you without the need for further court proceedings. We therefore ask that you put forward repayment proposals to address the outstanding balance.
                May 2019 Replied to the 2nd Letter of Claim
                New letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors:
                ,,recently we sent you a letter informing you of our client's intention to issue a claim against you, to ask the court to grant a CCJ. we asked you to contact us to discuss this, so that we can try and resolve the matter before it gets to court. If we do not hear from you within 21 days of the date of the letter, we expect to be instructed to issue proceedings without further notice to you. Once this happens, if you want to make an offer of payment, you would need to complete the court forms to do this.''

And they insist to contact them to prevent the claim. What should I do?

Comment

• PAP issued if so talk to Diana Mayhew
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi Casear
                    I think they are being a little disingenuous in their letter to you.

Just so you know the process

IF you receive a claim you have 14 days from service (19 days from the date on the claim form) to acknowledge the claim- this can be done online. You then have a further 14 days to submit a defence .

As soon as you get a claim you would send a S78 request to the claimant (Cabot?) and a CPR 31,14 request for any documents mentioned in the claim to MC.

Once you have submitted a defence the normal process is for MC to want to proceed and then direction questionnaires are sent out. At this point you would say you would be willing to mediate ( and mediation is done over the phone and could be a time where a settlement or arrangement is made, although you would have to include their court costs).

It is possible MC wold apply for summary judgement based on your defence if it is not a good one - I have seen this done where 'template' defences have been submitted

The problem is , if you make an offer now or an arrangement, there is nothing to stop them going to court although if you could muster say 20% you might find making an offer of that at this point - but done in the right way is best for you. Saying that, if they think they have you on the ropes they will reject that and counter with maybe 90% .

It is entirely up to you, offer now, offer later (say at mediation) or fight it

Comment

Niddy said the agreement looks dodgy and very confusing but being new it's definitely Enforceable.

Regarding the Notice of Default. There is nothing on the papers from Mortimer Clarke

As I know the Aqua account was sold to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd and they own the account but Cabot Europe are dealing in their behalf.

If the agreement "looks dodgy" the fact that it's new (opened in 2016) doesn't necessary mean it's enforceable in court.

You say no Default Notice has been produced.

The Claimant would also have to prove that they have the legal right to issue a claim amongst other things. This debt is owned by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd which may case them a problem.

Read Jo's post explaining why the FCA authorisation issue can matter in some circumstances >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                      On 24 April 2019 I was successful in a consumer credit claim appeal. The Claimant debt purchaser admitted they were not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority but said they could rely on the S.55 FSMA 2000 exemption because they had a valid servicing agreement in place with an affiliated 3rd party who was authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.

It was accepted on the facts of the case by both parties that there was a valid servicing agreement in place. The issue was could the Claimant debt purchaser rely on the S.55 Exemption to issue proceedings in the county court.

The Circuit Judge held as a general principle of law that the Claimant debt purchaser was not able to rely on the FCA authorisation of an affiliated 3rd party (and the exemption under s.55 FSMA) for the purpose of bringing a claim in the county court. The agreement was unenforceable, and the order of the court below was set aside, and the Claim dismissed

Di

Comment

• Diana Mayhew Warwick65 The Tech Clerk thank you so much for help.

Meantime, I've just received a new letter from Mortimer Clarke:
                        ,,We note that you have requested documents regarding your debt and confirm that we provided these on ....
                        Please find enclosed an Income and Expenditure form for you to complete and return in order that our client may assess your current financial situation.
                        If no response is received from you within 14 days, our instructions are to issue a County Court Claim against you for the full outstanding balance.''

I've requested Default Notice but the only documents received from Mortimer Clarke are: Statement of Account, Reconstituted Copy of Agreement and Terms and Conditions from Aqua. Is it possible to have Default Notice and not wanted to show?

As I say they are keen to go to the court and I think the best for me is to defend the claim.

Comment

• when you get PAPO etc 5 pages usually come here 1st, it may pay to talk to Di once they start proceedings?

Comment

Diana Mayhew Warwick65 The Tech Clerk thank you so much for help.

Meantime, I've just received a new letter from Mortimer Clarke:
                            ,,We note that you have requested documents regarding your debt and confirm that we provided these on ....
                            Please find enclosed an Income and Expenditure form for you to complete and return in order that our client may assess your current financial situation.
                            If no response is received from you within 14 days, our instructions are to issue a County Court Claim against you for the full outstanding balance.''

I've requested Default Notice but the only documents received from Mortimer Clarke are: Statement of Account, Reconstituted Copy of Agreement and Terms and Conditions from Aqua. Is it possible to have Default Notice and not wanted to show?

As I say they are keen to go to the court and I think the best for me is to defend the claim.
                            So
                            two letters before claim and you responded twice asking for the same things.

They have replied saying we have already supplied the documents BUT they have not supplied the DN
                            have I got that right?

Have the evidenced, in any way that a DN was sent, for example a copy of the log from Aqua saying one was sent?

You now have a potential problem

IF it goes to court you could argue no DN but of course IF you had received one, that would be a lie and getting caught out in a lie is never a good idea. Of course if they haven't sent you one (or you never received one) that is fine.

My view is, it is unlikely they will have a DN and not show it although possibly sheer incompetence might be in play (I received two letters from Lowell Solicitors in two days a couple of years ago; one said they did not have the agreement due to the age of the account, the other was a copy of the agreement ! go figure)

If they do go to court they may be able to get evidence from AQUA one was sent but I do not know. In any event so much comes down to the judge on they- some a really good and keen on the law being upheld, others seem to see us a debt avoiders who should be hung out to dry . If you go to court, presentation might be key i.e smart and clean, as articulate as you can be and prepared.

Lots of ifs and maybes in my post , you are a way off court at the moment

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

So
                              two letters before claim and you responded twice asking for the same things.

They have replied saying we have already supplied the documents BUT they have not supplied the DN
                              have I got that right?

Have the evidenced, in any way that a DN was sent, for example a copy of the log from Aqua saying one was sent?
                              Yes, that's correct. Two letters of claim and no DN supplied.

No copy of the log from Aqua saying DN was sent.

They just insist to complete the income and expenditure form to asses my situation, otherwise will go to court.

Comment

2. Avant credit
                                • Type of account ( personal loan)
                                • Date commenced (2016)
                                • Approx balance £4.000
                                • Date last paid (last full payment May 2016, but I have payed small amount on payment plan until 2017)
                                • Not paying
                                • Status (default)
                                • Account owner (Asset Collections and Investigations Limited)
                                Avant credit sold my account to Asset Collections and Investigations Limited in summer of 2017. Asset Collection sent me 3 letter and a few mails and told them I am disputing the account with Avant Credit. I complained them to FOS for irresponsible lending but was rejected. Before selling the account to Asset, Avant offered me to settle the account to 30% of the amount but unfortunately I did't have that money to pay.

02.02.2018 Sent CCA request to Asset Collections
                                06.02.2018 Email from Asset Collections, Notice of Sum in Arrears and they added that £1 for CCA request as a payment to them and deducted from my balance. Why is that? Is it correct?
                                08.02,2018 Received letter from Asset Collections and Investigations Limited: ,,please find enclosed copy of your Consumers Credit Agreement, Statement of Accounts and Notice of Default as requested. Please call us within 24 hours of receiving this letter''
                                Niddy has said it's enforceable.
                                02.05.2018 Asset Collections and Investigations Limited sent me a Letter of Claim.
                                29.05.2018 Replied to Letter of Claim. I haven't acknowledged the debt and told them I am disputing it. After that, Asset Collection sent me one more time the same documents sent after CCA request, and nothing more. The documents included a copy of agreement but not the documents that I requested on my reply to LoC.
                                June.2018 Sent SAR request to original credito (Avant) but no reply so far. They just ignore me.
                                Sept 2018 Received SAR from Avant Credit served by email
                                Oct 2018 Email from Asset Collections: ,,I am writing to confirm that we have received notification of your dispute relating to Avant Credit''. They've attached: Avant Credit anual statement, Consumer credit agreement - I can't open it, FCA Arrears Information and Notice of Assignment from Avant Credit to Asset Collections - That was served by new owner, Asset Collections.
                                April 2019. Email, phone call and text message from Asset Collections. They are offering me 25% reduction on the balance to settle. Ignored them.
                                New email from Asset Collections and Investigation Limited:
                                ,,We have been trying to contact you to discuss your account but have had no response to date. Our goal is to resolve this matter with you, however as we have not heard from you we are now in the process of instructing a third party company, TM Legal Services (TMLS) to commence legal proceedings against you. ..... We at Asset Collections and Investigations want to ensure you are making steps towards financial recovery, therefore, we would like to offer you the opportunity to pay a reduced settlement figureof up to 80% of your remaining balance, meaning if you paid £xxxx within this calendar month we would clear the remaining balance, cease the instruction of TMLS and deem the matter resolved.''

Should I do something? Are they going to court soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X