GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Caesar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caesar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
    2/ Asset Collections had to ask Avant Credit for these documents that they have sent you! Asset Collections intend to intimidate and confuse you into making a poor decision.

So for the moment ignore Asset Collections because you need the SAR data from Avant Credit.
    The Log file with Dates and documents and they must supply this within the 30 days.
    Do not lose another day over requesting this from Avant Credit. This will also include whether there is PPI (unknown to you) or not
    One month already since I made the SAR request to Avant Credit and no reply yet. Can you tell me what I should do in this case? As I know, the fine for them should be quite big if they don't comply with the new data protection rules. My request was sent first by mail and after 2 days by recorded letter and they sign for it.

Comment

• give a few more days if by Monday make a complaint thru ICO - awaiting how good they are these days for a complaint made by me Monday???
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 July 2018, 13:55.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• I agree with The Tech Clerk - give it a few more days.

As I understand your history, you sent an email SAR early on 2 June, to which they sent a bungled fob-off, so you sent a recorded delivery request 2 days later (4 June?).

The ICO guidance states -
        "How long do we have to comply?

You must act on the subject access request without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receipt.

You should calculate the time limit from the day after you receive the request (whether the day after is a working day or not) until the corresponding calendar date in the next month.

Example
        An organisation receives a request on 3 September. The time limit will start from the next day (4 September). This gives the organisation until 4 October to comply with the request."

So if my timeline assumption is correct, they technically have another couple of days to respond to your letter. As they did not seem very clued up on their SAR obligations, they may think that the time limit to respond is still 40 days, but that is no excuse.

Comment

• Thank you The Tech Clerk and Still Waving

On 2nd of June I sent the request by email and their reply was to contact the new owner of the account and after my reply they escalate to the management. On 5th of June I sent one more time the new SAR request, this time by recorded letter and they signed for it on 6th of June. So I will wait one more week.

What is ICO and how should I complain to them? Is there any template?

Comment

• Information Commissioners Office
            Make a complaint | ICO

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
            Make a complaint. If you have concerns about an organisation's information rights practices, report it to us. Need help? Start a live chat or call our helpline on ...
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi
              I would absolutely wait one more week. Something to bear in mind, they do not have to actually comply within the month but they must respond- even if its to say they need another month.

At the moment GDPR is all very new and many organisations are getting their knickers on a twist about it- I was moved out of a room at work today incase I overheard some confidential info- even though it would have meant nothing to me.

Comment

• Thank you Warwick65 . No reply to my letter so far. Only two emails at the beginning: one they said the won't provide me anything and second one was they will escalate to management team when I said to read one more time my request.

Should I wait more or send them a reminder before complaint?

Comment

• Hi Caesar

Maybe a short note saying something like

Dear Sir
                  Ref: Request made under General Data Protection Register 2018

I refer to my request made under the above (copy enclosed) and prior to making a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office i would like to remind you of your obligations. I look forward to receiving your fully compliant response within 14 calendar days

Yours
                  Caesar

Some people may say just complain but even if they do reply now you could still make a complaint about their breach of policy but this might just get you the documents you want

From that point it really doesn't matter how long it takes them if you happen to be away for a week or two, you have told them what you expect.

My thinking is, as it is generally summer holiday time you don't want to be fielding emails/letters/phone calls when you could be on a beach somewhere

Comment

• I agree regarding the reminder. A complaint to the ICO won't instantly get you the SAR information, but a reminder worded as suggested might make them pull their finger out.

Comment

• Reminder sent. Thank you Warwick65 and Still Waving.

Comment

• Still no reply from Avant to my reminder. Should I call them and insist to receive the SAR or start the complaint to ICO?

Comment

• No they know the rules give a few days after then contact ICO ! they are very slow to respond, I have been waiting for response weeks now

Comment

• Avant Credit didn't bother to reply to reminder so today I raised the complaint to ICO. I hope they can help me.

Another thing, Cabot didn't comply with my CCA request and now they sent me a text message to call them regarding my account. Is this normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Caesar View Post
                              Avant Credit didn't bother to reply to reminder so today I raised the complaint to ICO. I hope they can help me.

Another thing, Cabot didn't comply with my CCA request and now they sent me a text message to call them regarding my account. Is this normal?
                              Hi

Did you send the CCA request to Cabot by recorded delivery, and have you checked on the Royal Mail website for the delivery detail? If they have received the CCA they are in default until they they produce a copy agreement, and in the absence of such agreement they would not get a judgment against you. I would certainly not call them - the problem is theirs. Ignore.

EDIT - This Cabot CCA request is not related to the account with the ICO complaint is it ???
                              Last edited by Still Waving; 22 July 2018, 15:35.

Comment

• I sent Cabot two CCA request back in 2016 and they replied once several weeks later saying they were looking . I haven't heard since which is fine by me and they are both SB.

Sometimes this 'game' is about knowing when to react and when to let sleeping dogs lie

Comment

Working...
                                X