GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Caesar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caesar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you all for help. So I will tick just the box D and I won't request more documents on box I.

I will send the reply close to the 30 days deadline.

Comment

• I have received your message regarding your Aqua account- I would talk to Di about what is next as I see you have been in touch with her

AS a general rule for laying out letters- the way the template letters on here are laid out os about right, dress and date top right, their name, address and reference number just above the Dear Sir on the left

Signatures for CCA requests can be digital but its up to you

Comment

• Originally posted by Caesar View Post
        2. Avant credit
        . . . .
        2.005.2018 Asset Collections and Investigations Limited sent me a Letter of Claim.
        29.05.2018 Replied to Letter of Claim. I haven't acknowledged the debt and told them I am disputing it. After that, Asset Collection sent me one more time the same documents sent after CCA request, and nothing more. The documents included a copy of agreement but not the documents that I requested on my reply to LoC.

. . . June 2019 Asset Collections instructed a third party legal company - TM Legal Services - to deal on their behalf.

When you replied to the first Letter of Claim from Asset Collections last year (May 2018) did you request the Default Notice from Avant?

I can see a DN wasn't on the list of documents you say they sent to you in response to your request.

Once I know that I'll be able to comment on this latest Letter of Claim. Sometimes, not always, it may be beneficial not to reply.

Di
        Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 29 June 2019, 17:21. Reason: technical problems

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

When you replied to the first Letter of Claim from Asset Collections last year (May 2018) did you request the Default Notice from Avant?
          Yes, I have requested the Default Notice.

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
          I can see a DN wasn't on the list of documents you say they sent to you in response to your request.
          There was no Default Notice in their response, despite on the first letter was written they enclosed one. I have from them only Annual statement and Notice of sums in arrears, both form Original Creditor.

Checking throw out the papers, I found something like a odd DN served to me by Asset Collections, just a few months after they bought the account.

Comment

• Hello Di, can you please advise if I should send the reply to their second Letter of Claim or skip it? I have only a few days left to do this.

Comment

• I know Di is busy and doesn’t always get on to the site. It is up to you as to whether you reply or not, but if you do just return form with box d ticked and add nothing else.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

2. Avant credit
                • Type of account ( personal loan)
                • Date commenced (2016)
                • Approx balance £4.000
                • Date last paid (last full payment May 2016, but I have payed small amount on payment plan until 2017)
                • Not paying
                • Status (default)
                • Account owner (Asset Collections and Investigations Limited)
                Avant credit sold my account to Asset Collections and Investigations Limited in summer of 2017. Asset Collection sent me 3 letter and a few mails and told them I am disputing the account with Avant Credit. I complained them to FOS for irresponsible lending but was rejected. Before selling the account to Asset, Avant offered me to settle the account to 30% of the amount but unfortunately I did't have that money to pay.

Feb 2018 Sent CCA request to Asset Collections
                Feb 2018 Email from Asset Collections, Notice of Sum in Arrears and they added that £1 for CCA request as a payment to them and deducted from my balance. Why is that? Is it correct?
                May 2018 Received letter from Asset Collections and Investigations Limited: ,,please find enclosed copy of your Consumers Credit Agreement, Statement of Accounts and Notice of Default as requested. Please call us within 24 hours of receiving this letter''
                Niddy has said it's enforceable.
                May.2018 Asset Collections and Investigations Limited sent me a Letter of Claim.
                May 2018 Replied to Letter of Claim. I haven't acknowledged the debt and told them I am disputing it. After that, Asset Collection sent me one more time the same documents sent after CCA request, and nothing more. The documents included a copy of agreement but not the documents that I requested on my reply to LoC.
                June.2018 Sent SAR request to original credito (Avant) but no reply so far. They just ignore me.
                Sept 2018 Received SAR from Avant Credit served by email
                Oct 2018 Email from Asset Collections: ,,I am writing to confirm that we have received notification of your dispute relating to Avant Credit''. They've attached: Avant Credit anual statement, Consumer credit agreement - I can't open it, FCA Arrears Information and Notice of Assignment from Avant Credit to Asset Collections - That was served by new owner, Asset Collections.
                April 2019. Email, phone call and text message from Asset Collections. They are offering me 25% reduction on the balance to settle. Ignored them.
                June 2019 Asset Collections instructed a third party legal company - TM Legal Services - to deal on their behalf.
                July 2019 TM Legal Services sent a new Letter of Claim
                July 2019 Replied to LoC saying I dispute the debt.
                Email from TM Legal Services. They ask to confirm why I dispute the debt.

Should I reply something to this?

Comment

• I wouldn’t tell them. If you do it gives them a chance to put it right.

Others might have a different opinion.

You sent a cca request and they replied by email with an attachment you couldn’t access us that correct? If that is the case they haven’t complied

Comment

• They have had your response to the Letter Before Claim disputing the Debt

By sending you that Letter Of Claim they have indicated to you that they are pursuing a Legal path with respect to this Debt!
                    The onerous is on T M Legal Services to provide proof to a Court to back up their Claim!
                    So why are they writing to you "..
                    They ask to confirm why I dispute the debt .."

The question is how confident are T M Legal Services of proving their Claim? If they were so confident of their proof why haven't they issued a claim?

As Warwick65 says "..
                    I wouldn’t tell them. If you do it gives them a chance to put it right..."

I would file this and wait and see what they do next!

Comment

• Thank you Warwick65 and Roger

I have a feeling that they will issue a County Court Claim very soon without having all the papers right. But now I am in the right place and not scared of them anymore.

Comment

Thank you Warwick65 and Roger
                        I have a feeling that they will issue a County Court Claim very soon without having all the papers right. But now I am in the right place and not scared of them anymore.
                        This whole Debt business assets are guess what? Bad Debts!
                        Its a curious Truth but for them their best Customers are uncreditworthy.
                        Defies logic doesn't it?

Comment

• I've just received an email from TM Legal services:
                          ,,We, TM Legal Services Limited (“TMLS”) have been trying to contact you in relation to your outstanding account.

As we have been unable to reach an amicable resolution in relation to your outstanding balance, we are looking to transfer your details to a third-party reconnection agency Resolve Call Limited for an assessment. This is with a view to them conducting a reconnection visit to your current address.''

So they want to visit me at my address and this may incur a charge of £18 in my account. Are they allowed to do this? How can I stop them visiting me?

Comment

• abc
                            Last edited by Downtrodden; 27 August 2019, 19:50.

Comment

• resolve call = haha old snotcall ooppps(Scotcall) they tend to send a commission hopeful knocking peoples doors = just tell them to go away, You do not need to talk to them! they are only hopeful messengers. a harassment letter for Resolve call usually gets ignored in the 1st instance,:- but if you want to send as it is and make no amendments as has been suggested as these are tried & tested,

Ignore the access mentioned above that is an old sites old ways never worked.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Resolve call always reply to the no access template, with one of their own saying " they don't consider their visit as harassment, they are doing a job to put you back In touch with the DCA"

they nearly always call anyway, depends if they have a "field operative" in your area,

They have no rights, just ask them to leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X