GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Caesar UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caesar UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Waving The complaint is against Avant Credit because they didn't want to comply with new SAR request. The ignored me almost 2 months.

Warwick65 should I send one more time CCA request to Cabot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Caesar View Post
      Still Waving The complaint is against Avant Credit because they didn't want to comply with new SAR request. The ignored me almost 2 months.

Warwick65 should I send one more time CCA request to Cabot?
      Hi

You mentioned the Avanti ICO complaint and the Cabot CCA in the same post. I was asking for clarification as whether or not they related to the same account, as from my understanding of the history, they do not. Am I mistaken?

As regards Cabot - No, do not follow up with another CCA request! They are currently in default of your request, and long may that continue.

Comment

• Never send a CCA follow up. As long as you have proof that it was sent and or received they are in default of your request and is UE until a compliant document is supplied.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• I would agree with cym

As long as you can evidence the cca request was sent and received by cabot - the general rule is - never chase it up. I never have done

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            No they know the rules give a few days after then contact ICO ! they are very slow to respond, I have been waiting for response weeks now

I sent complaint to ICO on 22nd of July and only one confirmation email from them? Is this normal? Should I call Avant Credit and push them or just wait for ICO to do their job? I have no idea what to do. Avant credit ignored completely all my requests.

Comment

• , Avent know the rules (or their Data controller) their job for now, (ICO= they have a lot to do at present but keep an eye on time0(Their Data controller know the rules), they can in certain circumstances take a bit longer (regulation acting Gobbly Gook as usual)
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• I don't know if Avant know the rules. My first request was sent by mail and they said to contact the new owner of the account. After that I sent request by letter, they've signed for it, but no reply. Is this a good idea to call Avant Credit and push them?

Comment

• Cabot you sent? ref post 171? avent forwarded//??

Comment

• No, it doesn't have to do with Cabot.

I requested new SAR from original lender, Avant Credit and they ignored me, they said to contact new owner, which Asset Collections. Then I complied to ICO but nothing than a conformation email 3 weeks ago. What should I do now? Is it a good idea to call Avant Credit and push them to sent SAR? Or just wait for ICO?

Comment

• wait a bit longer for the ICO!

Comment

2. Avant credit
                        • Type of account ( personal loan)
                        • Date commenced (2016)
                        • Approx balance £4.000
                        • Date last paid (last full payment May 2016, but I have payed small amount on payment plan until 2017)
                        • Not paying
                        • Status (default)
                        • Account owner (Asset Collections and Investigations Limited)
                        Avant credit sold my account to Asset Collections and Investigations Limited in summer of 2017. Asset Collection sent me 3 letter and a few mails and told them I am disputing the account with Avant Credit. I complained them to FOS for irresponsible lending but was rejected. Before selling the account to Asset, Avant offered me to settle the account to 30% of the amount but unfortunately I did't have that money to pay.

02.02.2018 Sent CCA request to Asset Collections
                        06.02.2018 Email from Asset Collections, Notice of Sum in Arrears and they added that £1 for CCA request as a payment to them and deducted from my balance. Why is that? Is it correct?
                        08.02,2018 Received letter from Asset Collections and Investigations Limited: ,,please find enclosed copy of your Consumers Credit Agreement, Statement of Accounts and Notice of Default as requested. Please call us within 24 hours of receiving this letter''
                        Niddy has said it's enforceable.
                        02.05.2018 Asset Collections and Investigations Limited sent me a Letter of Claim.
                        29.05.2018 Replied to Letter of Claim.

At the beginning of June I sent new SAR request to original creditor Avant Credit. No reply from them so at the end of July complaint to ICO, but just a confirmation email. Last month I called Avant to see why I've got no reply from them. Spoke to a person from them and said nobody looked on my request but will do the best to solve the problem. This week I called back to Avant and the same reply, they escalated my request and have no idea if it's in progress or if someone take care of it.

Can anyone advice me what to do? Is it possible that Avant have no documents except the contract? I don't know too much about this, but I just have a feeling that new owner, Asset Collection don't have all the papers and wanted to scare me with letter of claim. Any ideas regarding this?

Comment

• Hi

Yuo didn't bring forward the full history on this, which is not helpful as I had to trawl back through several pages to see what has been happening.

As far as I can see you replied to the Letter of Claim (I think following off-forum advice from Di) but you haven't indicated what the basis of your reply was. A couple of days later you received copies of several documents (which you hadn't asked for). Did these include a copy agreement? Has anything else happened regarding the LoC which you haven't updated here?

Comment

• Thank you Still Waving . I haven't update this, my fault. Sorry about this.

Di helped me to reply to the Letter of Claim. I haven't acknowledged the debt and told them I am disputing it. After that, Asset Collection sent me one more time the same documents sent after CCA request, and nothing more. The documents included a copy of agreement but not the documents that I requested on my reply to LoC.

Then I've followed the advice from here and sent new SAR request from original lender which is Avant Credit. And the entire story with SAR I added in my previous post. So I have no idea what to do to get the SAR from the OC.

Comment

6. Aqua
                              • Type of account (credit card)
                              • Date commenced ( Apr 2016)
                              • Approx balance £500
                              • Date last paid (July 2016)
                              • Not paying
                              • Status (default)
                              • Account owner (Cabot)
                              Aqua sold my account to Cabot in 2017. They sent me a lot of letters and phone calls. Answered once and told them I am disputing the account with Aqua and no other contact with them. Last letter they sent me an I&E form in order to start a payment plan with them.

02.02.2018 Sent CCA request to Cabot.
                              15.02.2018 Received reply form Cabot. They don't have this information on file. They won't be able to provide the information requested in 12 days but they hope to do this in 40 days.
                              10.08.2018 Received CCA request from Cabot. Reconstituted agreement and Niddy said it looks dodgy and very confusing but being new it's definitely Enforceable.
                              07.10.2018 Letter from Cabot that they are referring my account to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.
                              My account have been referred to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors. I have no idea who are them. What should I expect?

Comment

• please pay starting of letters?

Comment

Working...
                                X