GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vaper's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaper's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaper View Post
      • Capital One Partners debt
      • Type of account -Credit card
      • Date commenced - 20/10/09
      • Approx balance - £9000
      • Date last paid-11/04/17
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Not paying
      • Defaulted
      • Status- In arrears
      • Account owner- Lowell

03/06/17 Thank you for getting in touch, all payment information is included with this letter
    03/06/17 Were here to help. fill in the I&E form and return it and well help set up a payment plan
    03/06/17 Thanks for contacting us. I've enclosed some extra payment slips for you light the fire with as you cant pay what you owe us anyway.
    20/06 17 You've missed some payments
    28/06/17 We need to update your email address as our messages are bouncing from that address (REALLY) !!!!
    July 2017 We'd like you to call us to help you get back on track
    August 17 We have to inform you that you'll permanently lose the use of your card.
    19/08 17 You've missed at least two payments (I make that 4 but anyhoo)
    August17 Its likely you'll lose the use of your card if you don't pay by 12/09/17
    18/09/17 You have now permanently lost the use of your card
    September 17 Were about to send you a default notice
    16/10/17 Default notice (I think) It isn't set out like the others but seems to be saying the same thing ish
    20 10/17 Notice of sums in arrears. I'm behind with repayments (No kidding Sherlock)
    November 17 Your account is about to default unless you pay within 30 days - that's not gonna happen!
    18/11/17 Statement of default
    21/11/17 We need to reach a payment agreement
    10/04/18 Introduction letter from Lowell and a letter from Capital One informing that the account has been sold to Lowell
    27/04/18 Letter from Lowell requesting payment agreement
    13/05/18 Options of ways to repay
    28/05/18 Letter - we may assess your account for legal action.
    11/06/18 We intend to take legal action if you do not contact us to agree repayment
    25/06/18 We will take legal action if no contact is made by 09/07/18 to avoid further action we can offer a 20% discount
    10/07/18 We will be instructing solicitors if you do not arrange to repay
    13/07/18 CCA request sent to Lowell
    24/07/18 We have requested documentation from Capital One, account is on hold. if we have not heard from Capital One after 40 days time we will send you an update.
    21/11/18 Response from Lowell with CCA response and reams of statements. Account is put .on hold until 19/12/18 while I check their paperwork
    23/12/18 Letter from Lowell informing that they haven't heard back from me yet and to get in touch
    10/01/19 Letter from Lowell - please contact us to make payment arrangements.
    21/01/19 We have tried to contact you several times, we will shortly be passing your account to our collections department or one of our debt collection agencies. we are willing to offer a discount of 30% in affordable instalments.

24/01/19 CCA request sent to Niddy for checking

Niddy has checked this one and it is enforceable. Any ideas how we go forward with this now?
    Theyve offered a 30% discount up to now so I'm wondering how much more flexible they might be.

Should I offer them a token payment, say £5 a month or just say nothing and await their next letter?

UPDATED 05/07/19
    25/02/19 Letter offering affordable repayments of £1 per day.
    10/04/19 Letter saying I could close my account with a 50% discount.
    13/05/19 Letter offering a 60% discount.
    07/07/19 Found an email in spam folder informing that this account has now been passed to BPO collections to recover the outstanding balance. They are offering a 40% discount as a one off payment.

UPDATE
    12/11/19 You have failed to repay your account, it has now been sent to Lowell Solicitors Limited.
    12/11/19 Notice of acting. Lowell Portfolio l Ltd has instructed us to recover the outstanding balance, we are instructed to issue legal proceedings unless you pay £?????
    21/11/19 Letter of claim - 30 days to prevent legal Action.....Spoke to Di and she told me to have a nice Christmas and not worry about this one yet

21/01/20 County Court claim form received. Still in talks with Di about what we will do next

UPDATED 28/01/20
    quick update for anyone interested!
    Last edited by vaper; 29 January 2020, 18:56.

Comment

Are you defending their claim?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm just waiting for Di to get back to me. We are speaking tomorrow

Comment

Good. Good luck.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Are you defending their claim?
            Yes!

Comment

When sending a SAR which template do I need to use, there are three different ones, typical, advanced and signature
              i want to make sure I use the correct one. Thanks.

Comment

None. They're out of date. It's the new GDPR one you'd send. I'm in middle of redoing templates.

Comment

The new GDPR SAR is here within my post - https://all-about-debt.co.uk/index.p...-sar-gdpr-2018

Comment

Thanks

Comment

It's fine that it's basic, the principle remains - you're requesting a copy of *everything* held about you.

Remember you only SAR the OC or DCA (or both) not the solicitor outfit.

Do not send payment. It's free now.

Comment

• Approx balance - £9000
                          • Defaulted
                          • Status- In arrears
                          • Account owner- Lowell

03/06/17 Thank you for getting in touch, all payment information is included with this letter
                        03/06/17 Were here to help. fill in the I&E form and return it and well help set up a payment plan
                        03/06/17 Thanks for contacting us. I've enclosed some extra payment slips for you light the fire with as you cant pay what you owe us anyway.
                        28/06/17 We need to update your email address as our messages are bouncing from that address (REALLY) !!!!
                        August 17 We have to inform you that you'll permanently lose the use of your card.
                        August17 Its likely you'll lose the use of your card if you don't pay by 12/09/17
                        16/10/17 Default notice (I think) It isn't set out like the others but seems to be saying the same thing ish
                        20 10/17 Notice of sums in arrears. I'm behind with repayments (No kidding Sherlock)
                        November 17 Your account is about to default unless you pay within 30 days - that's not gonna happen!
                        10/04/18 Introduction letter from Lowell and a letter from Capital One informing that the account has been sold to Lowell
                        11/06/18 We intend to take legal action if you do not contact us to agree repayment
                        25/06/18 We will take legal action if no contact is made by 09/07/18 to avoid further action we can offer a 20% discount
                        24/07/18 We have requested documentation from Capital One, account is on hold. if we have not heard from Capital One after 40 days time we will send you an update.
                        21/11/18 Response from Lowell with CCA response and reams of statements. Account is put .on hold until 19/12/18 while I check their paperwork
                        23/12/18 Letter from Lowell informing that they haven't heard back from me yet and to get in touch
                        21/01/19 We have tried to contact you several times, we will shortly be passing your account to our collections department or one of our debt collection agencies. we are willing to offer a discount of 30% in affordable instalments.

Niddy has checked this one and it is enforceable. Any ideas how we go forward with this now?
                        Theyve offered a 30% discount up to now so I'm wondering how much more flexible they might be.

Should I offer them a token payment, say £5 a month or just say nothing and await their next letter?

UPDATED 05/07/19
                        07/07/19 Found an email in spam folder informing that this account has now been passed to BPO collections to recover the outstanding balance. They are offering a 40% discount as a one off payment.

UPDATE
                        12/11/19 You have failed to repay your account, it has now been sent to Lowell Solicitors Limited.
                        12/11/19 Notice of acting. Lowell Portfolio l Ltd has instructed us to recover the outstanding balance, we are instructed to issue legal proceedings unless you pay £?????
                        21/11/19 Letter of claim - 30 days to prevent legal Action.....Spoke to Di and she told me to have a nice Christmas and not worry about this one yet

21/01/20 County Court claim form received. Still in talks with Di about what we will do next

UPDATE
                        30/01/20

Letter received from Lowell Solicitors
                        Notice Of Claim Issue
                        We act for Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd and notice that you have failed to repay your debt or contact us to agree a suitable resolution to this matter.
                        We have now issued legal proceedings and you will shortly receive a county court claim from ......... Court.

we received the claim last week
                        Today's update

Comment

• Approx balance - £9000
                            • Defaulted
                            • Status- In arrears
                            • Account owner- Lowell

UPDATED 05/07/19

UPDATE

UPDATE
                          30/01/20

Letter received from Lowell Solicitors
                          Notice Of Claim Issue
                          We act for Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd and notice that you have failed to repay your debt or contact us to agree a suitable resolution to this matter.
                          We have now issued legal proceedings and you will shortly receive a county court claim from ......... Court.

we received the claim last week

01/02/20
                          SAR sent to Capitalone.

17/02/20
                          SAR paperwork received from Capital one, it's huge, like a bloody phone book!

Updated 17/02/20

Comment

Soo, we are currently fighting capital one!
                            i do have other shit rising from the sewers.... Link replied to our coop CCA's ages ago. They said they can't find the paperwork for hubbys account, so for now that one remains Unenforcable. They did send paperwork for mine though, which I will send to niddy this week for checking. I have to say though that I am finding this journey much easier with the help of all the lovely people from this site.
                            honestly do not have a clue where we would be now!

Comment

Soo, we are currently fighting capital one!
                              i do have other shit rising from the sewers.... Link replied to our coop CCA's ages ago. They said they can't find the paperwork for hubbys account, so for now that one remains Unenforcable. They did send paperwork for mine though, which I will send to niddy this week for checking. I have to say though that I am finding this journey much easier with the help of all the lovely people from this site.
                              honestly do not have a clue where we would be now!
                              up some creek with out a canoe ?
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

up some creek with out a canoe ?
                                yeah totally, hope someone else sees this and realise that there is some hope

Comment

Working...
                                X