GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vaper's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaper's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    depends if you are serious, CCA1974 request is the starting point for any pre-2017 accounts, send recorded delivery keep copy

seems to me bad credit company practice to allow so many credit card accounts, greed at the time comes to mind regarding these companies as CRA file would show number of credit agreements with you in existence.
    First mistake from me. I forgot to say that these are mine and my partners debts so not all in my name.
    Sorry I don't understand what you mean by serious, I am serious about being unable to pay them anymore.

Comment

you stated:- Quote:-

Do I have to CCA some/all of the creditors?

so if you are serious then CCA1974 each one, suggest do a diary for each company/credit card to save confusion, in respect of your wife's a diary each account under her name , and remember to send letters etc Recorded Delivery and attach receipts to your copy, suggest file for each account?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

as far as being unable to pay them - well we have all been there! so do not fret, remember they are not interested in any of your problems they are only interested in monies, so not to worry but as you state start to try and sort out the problems, we are here to try and assist where we canO.K.?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by vaper View Post
          BARCLAYCARD 1 My debt
            • Type of account -Credit card
            • Date commenced - 6/01/04
            • Approx balance - £16,046
            • Date last paid- 18/04/17
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Not paying
            • Status- In arrears
            • Account owner- Barclaycard

19/05/17 Default sum notice received - late payment charge and over credit limit charge £12 each
          25/05/17 You're late with your payment, please pay £480.00
          07/06/17 You've told us you're in an arrangement with a DMP, we will not contact you over the next 30 days.
          20/06/17 Arrears notice £944.65
          20/06/17 Default sums notice
          22/06/17 We're having trouble getting in touch, please update your contact details on your online account (even though they have disabled it).
          20/07/16 Default sum notice- late payment charge and over credit limit charge £12 each
          18/08/17 Default sum notice - late payment charge
          18/08/17 Arrears notice £1720.53
          05/09/17 Thanks for getting in touch about your current situation (that was back in May) I&E form enclosed
          06/10/17 Your account is overdue we need to speak to you urgently, if you don't pay we'll send a default notice
          19/10/17 Arrears notice
          19/10/17 Late payment charge
          20/10/17 Default notice. You have broken the agreement pay £2467.80 before 17 November. if you do not take action before the date shown then further action may be taken against you

Barclaycard will probably send you some more letters and then either outsource collection to a Debt Collection Agency or assign (sell) it to a debt purchaser once they realise you're not going to resume payments to them.

Each time you get a letter from them update your original post and then re-quote it (like I've done) so anyone offering help can see which debt is which before suggesting your next step.

You can send a s 77-79 CCA Request to them now but it may be best to wait until it's sold on because this is an account from 2004 so there's hope that they may not have retained the credit agreement (assuming you even signed one!).

Debt purchasers don't always have access to everything from the original creditor and even when they do the OC isn't necessarily motivated to co-operate.

See what happens next.

Di

Comment

Thanks for your replies folks. I'm trying to rationalise it all in my head. Total debt now stands at a whopping £61,461 and still climbing thanks to barclaycard stalling with their defaults. It's making me feel quite anxious now I can see it all written down.
            I'm trying to make myself feel better by thinking 'what's the worst thing that can possibly happen' once I figure that out I'll be able to get my head right and get on with facing it all properly.
            I've been and got myself a printer and some postal orders!

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              you stated:- Quote:-

Do I have to CCA some/all of the creditors?

so if you are serious then CCA1974 each one, suggest do a diary for each company/credit card to save confusion, in respect of your wife's a diary each account under her name , and remember to send letters etc Recorded Delivery and attach receipts to your copy, suggest file for each account?
              I am Mrs Vaper. . Mr does not deal with anything financial, so I suppose I'm mostly to blame for this mess.

Comment

I am Mrs Vaper. . Mr does not deal with anything financial, so I suppose I'm mostly to blame for this mess.
                You're not to blame for anything. Stuff happens.

This forum will help you along the way

Di

Comment

• MBNA My debt
                    • Date commenced – 01/07/15
                    • Approx balance - £4000
                    • Date last paid– 26/04/17
                    • Status– In arrears
                    • Account owner– MBNA

04/06/17 We've placed a restriction on your account
                  07/06/17 Thank you for contacting us regarding difficulties paying, our details are xxxxx please make sure your payment always covers your minimum payment WTF!!!
                  09/06/17 Thanks for letting us know about your current situation fill in the enclosed I&E form
                  01/07/17 Notice of sums in arrears
                  12/07/17 You've missed two payments can we help
                  02/08/17 Stupid letter informing they are going to change default charges to £0 until I pay again then it will go back to £12
                  11/08/17 you've missed tree payments, your account has been blocked
                  01/09/17 Notice of sums in arrears
                  11/09/17 You've missed 4 payments please contact us
                  02/10/17 You're 5 payment behind please contact us
                  01/11/17 Notice of sums of arrears
                  01/11/17 Default notice. Account will default if not paid within 30 days

09/01/18 Credit agreement terminated
                  22/02/18 letter informing the account has been sold to PRA Group (UK) and a letter from PRA informing that they have purchased the debt.
                  26/03/18 Settlement offer from PRA
                  30/04/18 Settlement offer from PRA
                  01/06/18 Settlement offer from PRA
                  13/07/18 CCA request sent to PRA with required payment
                  16/07/18 Postal order returned to me with a letter saying they have requested the information and will contact when it is received.
                  14/08/18 Documentation received, just a copy of a credit card statement from December 2017
                  16/08/18 Documents received, very hard to see as its been printed so small. Terms and conditions of Credit card agreement, along with lots of pages of pre contractual explanations.

Comment

So PRA finally sent you some documents.....

So the next stage is to scan them ( if you are able to) and email them to Niddy for checking on the following email address: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Don't blank anything out as he would need to see the full detail and it is quite safe as only Niddy is able to see these details etc. Send any terms and agreements they sent you together with the covering letter - But there is no need to send the copy statements etc

He does get pretty busy so he may take a few days to come back to you but just hang in there until he does

Any problems - Post up and we will get you sorted

Comment

Thank you spud, much appreciated. I will try and get them scanned and send to Niddy over the weekend.
                      i have no doubt that this one will be enforceable but at least I have had over a year without paying anything

Comment

BARCLAYCARD 2 Partners debt
                          • Date commenced- 24/05/07
                          • Approx balance - £8000
                          • Date last paid- 31/03/17
                          • Status- In arrears

06/06/17 Default sum notice late payment and over credit limit charge £12,00 each
                        07/06/17 You've told us you're in an arrangement with a DMP we will not contact you in the next 30 days
                        08/06/17
                        We're having trouble getting in touch, please update your contact details on your online account (even though they have disabled it).
                        06/06/17 Arrears notice
                        04/08/17 Default sum notice late payment and over credit limit charge £12.00 each
                        05/09/17 Thanks for getting in touch about your current situation (that was back in May) I&E form enclosed
                        06/09/17 arrears notice
                        06/10/17 Your account is overdue we need to speak to you urgently, if you don't pay we'll send a default notice
                        06/11/17 Late payment charge
                        06/11/17 Arrears notice
                        07/11/17 Default notice. You have broken the agreement pay £ xxx before 05 December. if you do not take action before the date shown then further action may be taken against you
                        28/12/17 A default has been registered in your account - you now need to pay your balance in full. Your account has now been passed to our recoveries team.
                        03/07/18 A refund has been issued on your account due to our operating procedures, we did not always meet our expected standards with customers who have fallen behind with their payments - (or words to that effect).
                        Thats the last correspondence with them. No DCA letter of assignment, nothing.

Comment

• MBNA My debt
                            • Date commenced – 01/07/15
                            • Approx balance - £4000
                            • Date last paid– 26/04/17
                            • Status– In arrears
                            • Account owner– MBNA

04/06/17 We've placed a restriction on your account
                          07/06/17 Thank you for contacting us regarding difficulties paying, our details are xxxxx please make sure your payment always covers your minimum payment WTF!!!
                          09/06/17 Thanks for letting us know about your current situation fill in the enclosed I&E form
                          01/07/17 Notice of sums in arrears
                          12/07/17 You've missed two payments can we help
                          02/08/17 Stupid letter informing they are going to change default charges to £0 until I pay again then it will go back to £12
                          11/08/17 you've missed tree payments, your account has been blocked
                          01/09/17 Notice of sums in arrears
                          11/09/17 You've missed 4 payments please contact us
                          02/10/17 You're 5 payment behind please contact us
                          01/11/17 Notice of sums of arrears
                          01/11/17 Default notice. Account will default if not paid within 30 days

09/01/18 Credit agreement terminated
                          22/02/18 letter informing the account has been sold to PRA Group (UK) and a letter from PRA informing that they have purchased the debt.
                          26/03/18 Settlement offer from PRA
                          30/04/18 Settlement offer from PRA
                          01/06/18 Settlement offer from PRA
                          13/07/18 CCA request sent to PRA with required payment
                          16/07/18 Postal order returned to me with a letter saying they have requested the information and will contact when it is received.
                          14/08/18 Documentation received, just a copy of a credit card statement from December 2017
                          16/08/18 Documents received, very hard to see as its been printed so small. Terms and conditions of Credit card agreement, along with lots of pages of pre contractual explanations.
                          24/08/18 Discounted settlement offer from PRA can pay over 1,3, or 6 months with 10% discount.
                          Phone calls and voicemail messages almost daily - I never answer them.
                          20/11/18 CCA sent to niddy for checking - not expecting this to be Unenforcable because it's my most recent debt so will probably have to try and get them to settle with more than 10% discount.

Comment

BARCLAYCARD 2 Partners debt
                              • Date commenced- 24/05/07
                              • Approx balance - £8000
                              • Date last paid- 31/03/17
                              • Status- In arrears

06/06/17 Default sum notice late payment and over credit limit charge £12,00 each
                            07/06/17 You've told us you're in an arrangement with a DMP we will not contact you in the next 30 days
                            08/06/17
                            We're having trouble getting in touch, please update your contact details on your online account (even though they have disabled it).
                            06/06/17 Arrears notice
                            04/08/17 Default sum notice late payment and over credit limit charge £12.00 each
                            06/09/17 arrears notice
                            06/11/17 Late payment charge
                            06/11/17 Arrears notice
                            07/11/17 Default notice. You have broken the agreement pay £ xxx before 05 December. if you do not take action before the date shown then further action may be taken against you
                            28/12/18 A default has been registered on your account - you now need to pay your balance in full. Your account has now been passed to our recoveries team.
                            03/07/18 A refund has been issued on your account due to our operating procedures, we did not always meet our expected standards with customers who have fallen behind with their payments - (or words to that effect). That's the last correspondence with them. No DCA letter of assignment, nothing.
                            28/12/17 A default has been registered in your account - you now need to pay your balance in full. Your account has now been passed to our recoveries team.
                            03/07/18 A refund has been issued on your account due to our operating procedures, we did not always meet our expected standards with customers who have fallen behind with their payments - (or words to that effect).
                            That's the last correspondence with them. No DCA letter of assignment, nothing.
                            UPDATED 21/11/18
                            02/10/18- Your account has been assigned and transferred to Hoist Finance UK Holdings Limited. Moorcroft will be acting on their behalf also in the letter was a notice of assignment form Hoist.
                            27 10/18 - Letter from Moorcroft informing that they will be collecting on behalf of hoist.
                            15/11/18- letter from Moorcroft asking me to make a payment proposal before 22/11/18.
                            Numerous calls and texts received from Hoist, all ignored.

Comment

BARCLAYCARD 1 My debt
                                • Date commenced - 01/2004
                                • Approx balance - £16,000
                                • Date last paid- April 2017
                                • Status- In arrears

19/05/17 Default sum notice received - late payment charge and over credit limit charge £12 each
                              25/05/17 You're late with your payment, please pay £ xxx
                              07/06/17 You've told us you're in an arrangement with a DMP, we will not contact you over the next 30 days.
                              20/06/17 Arrears notice
                              20/06/17 Default sums notice
                              22/06/17 We're having trouble getting in touch, please update your contact details on your online account (even though they have disabled it).
                              20/07/16 Default sum notice- late payment charge and over credit limit charge £12 each
                              18/08/17 Default sum notice - late payment charge
                              18/08/17 Arrears notice £ xxxx
                              19/10/17 Arrears notice
                              19/10/17 Late payment charge
                              20/10/17 Default notice. You have broken the agreement pay £xxx before 17 November. if you do not take action before the date shown then further action may be taken against you
                              28/12/17 Account assigned and transferred to Hoist Portfolio holdings Limited, HPH has appointed Robinson Way to manage your account.
                              02/01/18 Notice of assignment from Hoist.
                              16/01/18 Robinson way requesting payment arrangement
                              30/01/18 Robinson way offering 30% discount.
                              13/02/18 Robinson way -we are considering your account for legal action.
                              27/02/18 CCA request sent to Robinson way.
                              28/02/18 We have requested a copy of your agreement and put your account on hold temporarily until we receive them.
                              14/04/18 We have not yet received a response, account still temporarily on hold.
                              29/05/18 Still awaiting a response from original lender.
                              25/09/18 Notice of assignment from Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1 Limited due to group restructure Robinson Way will continue to service the account
                              19/10/18 Refund relating to your account, we have asked Hoist to reduce your outstanding balance to them

Comment

• Co-op 1 My Debt
                                  • Date commenced - 14/09/07
                                  • Approx balance - £6000
                                  • Date last paid- 18/04/17
                                  • Status- Defaulted
                                  • Account owner- Link Financial

14/06 17 We need to speak to you as you have missed a repayment
                                19/06/17 Review - we have reduced your credit limit as payments have not been made on time
                                28/06/17 Make a payment to bring your account up to date
                                17/07 17 Bring your account up to date or we will issue a default
                                24/07/17 We have cancelled your card
                                24/07/17 Default notice pay £xxxx within seven days
                                21/08/17 Final Demand, we might pass your account to a DCA
                                13/10/17 Letter from Link Financial give notice that your account has been assigned to us. furthermore Link assigned your debt to Asset Link Capital (no5) Limited As a result your debt is now owed to ALC5 but Link remains as the servicer.

13/10/17 Letter from co-op and Link informing that the debt has been assigned to Link Financial.
                                15/11/17 Letter asking for payment.
                                08/12/17 We are validating your address.
                                14/12/17 Letter asking me to contact them.
                                24/01 18 We have validated your address - contact us.
                                12/04/18 Statement of account.
                                13/07/18 CCA request sent to Link with postal order.
                                23/07/18 We have not written for a while as we had to validate your address - contact us
                                01/08/18 Letter informing me that credit rating could be damaged.
                                30/08/18 Offer from Link to pay the balance over 4 years.
                                12/10/18 Statement of account.
                                UPDATE 21/11/18

Comment

Working...
                                X