GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vaper's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaper's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have posted today explaining the issues but can't update my pos. I will contact them sayin we can repay probs 10.00 per month and we'll see how it goes from there

Comment

Originally posted by vaper View Post
      I have posted today explaining the issues . . . . I will contact them sayin we can repay probs 10.00 per month and we'll see how it goes from there

Hello Vaper

I'll take a look back at your thread tomorrow.

If you make an offer to pay this may be seen as an admission of the debt which could be detrimental to any Defence you may file if a claim is issued.

An offer of £10 per month on a £9k debt would take 75 years to repay the debt. Lowell may (may not) see that as an unattractive offer, so issue a claim anyway based on your perceived admission.

Perhaps Lowell would prefer a CCJ ordering payments of £10 per month which they can apply to vary 'upwards' as time goes by.

A CCJ of £1k or more may give them the automatic legal right to place a Charging Order on your/your partner's home if you own a property.

I see you've been told by Niddy that the credit agreement Capital One sent you in response to your CCA Request was 'enforceable'. Why was it enforceable?

I can also see that there may be issues surrounding the Default Notice.

Di

Comment

Hi Di
        niddy said this was enforceable after her saw the tick box on the CCA from capital one, he saw the paperwork so I'm bound with that, I just want to know what I need to do next. Thank you so much for your help

Comment

email di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk
          Vapor hang on that does not mean enforceable in court as too many things in other areas has to 100% and are not. talk to Di on phone free initially (0151 254 6986) and get the confidence to stand up to lowells bullies
          Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 19 December 2019, 13:23.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Vaper. I agree with Tekkie, speak to Di, you can tell her things you can't ,or don't want to put on here.

A few others have thought they would have to pay up, but after a word with Di found something that changed that idea, good luck
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So, I've checked through all the paperwork, the default notice was served correctly it just looked a little different from the others.
              i need to respond to lowells now, I wonder if they would still offer the 60% discount as we would be able to afford that and then be clear of this one

Comment

Hi vaper have you spoken to Di yet? Please do so. I have had a couple of claims dealt with by the company that Di works for and it is amazing how many things that they fail on other than the agreement. Check before you commit yourself and possibly put yourself in a worse position. I have dealt with Lowell and they can be very underhand.

Comment

Ok folks, thanks for all your replies, I will try and speak to Di tomorrow

Comment

the default notice was served correctly it just looked a little different from the others.
                    Who told you that the Default Notice was correctly served?

Did it comply with s87(1) CCA?

Di

Comment

I will try and speak to Di tomorrow

email may be best so I can see any necessary documents

Di

Comment

I will try and speak to Di tomorrow

We have now spoken.

Enjoy your Christmas holiday

Di

Comment

Hi Di
                          thank you so much for our chat last week, you have put my mind at rest.
                          I will send you the other documents soon. But for now am just enjoying my break from work

Comment

Hi Di
                            thank you so much for our chat last week, you have put my mind at rest.
                            Excellent - glad you've slowed down and done the right thing. Good luck

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Di
                              niddy said this was enforceable after her saw the tick box on the CCA from capital one, he saw the paperwork so I'm bound with that, I just want to know what I need to do next. Thank you so much for your help
                              For clarity, to others who may read this - if I ever say an agreement is (or isn't) enforceable, that is not the end of it! There are a million and one ways to deal with things regardless of whether the agreement is in fact enforceable or unenforceable. Even then, just because I may say it looks X or Y or Z, that is only an initial opinion - if a claim is issued and for example Jo / Di gets involved to help defend, they'll ask a million questions and look for many other faults (inc from default notice, termination etc) plus they'll rip everything in the agreement apart to find fault. I do not do this, I give a very general opinion.

It's common logic that a solicitor that is defending a case, argues their own points so no matter - if a claim is issued, for the sake of being an AAD+ member - always send a message to Jo or Di and see what they say.

Hope this clears things up for others reading this tread.
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yeah sorry folks, I was being a bit of a stressed Eric. I have calmed down now and after speaking to Di, I know there are lots of different reasons for Unenforcable. So if anyone else find themselves in this position, please ask for advice on here before freaking out!

Comment

Working...
                                X