GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vaper's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaper's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaper View Post
    Update. Any advice on what to do next folks?
    "..21/01/19 We have tried to contact you several times, we will shortly be passing your account to our collections department or one of our debt collection agencies. we are willing to offer a discount of 30% in affordable instalments. .."

This was their last entry it includes an " ..OR.." which shows a dithering mindset doesn't it?

If you contact them it will restart your Statute Bar Clock!!
    There are many legal reasons for Un Enforciblity not just the CCA. The other thing to remember is that the CCA request is for Information purposes not Evidence.
    In the mean time I should file this and wait and see what they send next.

Comment

Thanks Roger, I'll wait for a further response.

Comment

• Capital One Partners debt
          • Type of account -Credit card
          • Date commenced - 20/10/09
          • Approx balance - £9000
          • Date last paid-11/04/17
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying- Not paying
          • Defaulted
          • Status- In arrears
          • Account owner- Lowell

03/06/17 Thank you for getting in touch, all payment information is included with this letter
        03/06/17 Were here to help. fill in the I&E form and return it and well help set up a payment plan
        03/06/17 Thanks for contacting us. I've enclosed some extra payment slips for you light the fire with as you cant pay what you owe us anyway.
        20/06 17 You've missed some payments
        28/06/17 We need to update your email address as our messages are bouncing from that address (REALLY) !!!!
        July 2017 We'd like you to call us to help you get back on track
        August 17 We have to inform you that you'll permanently lose the use of your card.
        19/08 17 You've missed at least two payments (I make that 4 but anyhoo)
        August17 Its likely you'll lose the use of your card if you don't pay by 12/09/17
        18/09/17 You have now permanently lost the use of your card
        September 17 Were about to send you a default notice
        16/10/17 Default notice (I think) It isn't set out like the others but seems to be saying the same thing ish
        20 10/17 Notice of sums in arrears.
        November 17 Your account is about to default unless you pay within 30 days
        18/11/17 Statement of default
        10/04/18 Introduction letter from Lowell and a letter from Capital One informing that the account has been sold to Lowell

. . . .
        13/07/18 CCA request sent to Lowell
        . . . .

24/01/19 CCA request sent to Niddy for checking

Niddy has checked this one and it is enforceable. Any ideas how we go forward with this now?.

Just because a credit agreement is enforceable that doesn't necessarily mean that Capital 1 have complied with all their other statutory duties.

The events surrounding any Default Notice and Termination before the debt was assigned to Lowell may be relevant in your situation for example. You've said it didn't look like a DN to you.

If Lowell Portfolio want to take things to the next level they will instruct Lowell Solicitors who should send you a formal Letter Before Claim giving you 30 days to respond before they can issue a claim.

Post on your thread if that happens, otherwise I see no reason for you to reply to that latest letter.

Di

Comment

• Santander Partners debt
            • Date commenced - 06/10/06
            • Approx balance - £5400
            • Date last paid - 10/05/17
            • Status- In arrears
            • Account owner– Santander

13/06/17 Sorry to hear about your change of circumstances please complete the enclosed I&E form, collections suspended for 30 days
          13/06 16 we've stopped adding interest for 30 days etc.
          28/06/17 we've temporarily stopped adding fees and interest to your card account
          12/07/17 Arrears notice
          28/07/17 Please make a payment towards your account
          11/08/17 You need to make a payment towards your credit card
          15/08/17 We wanted to let you know we've charged you for late, missed or returned payments.
          18/08/17 Please call us immediately to arrange a repayment plan
          26/08/17 Please call us urgently about your credit card or we may have to send you a default notice
          30/08/17 You need to pay outstanding amounts or we'll block all of your accounts facilities
          15/09/17 We want to let you know you've been charges for late, missed payments etc. £12.00
          09/10/17 If you do not pay a default will be recorded
          11/09/17 You have missed payments, we would like to help you etc.
          16/10/17 We want to let you know you have missed payments etc.
          23/10/17 We cant contact you so please contact Stepchange Pay plan etc.
          26/10/17 We may have to register a default if you do not pay within 28 days of this letter
          27/10/17 Default notice served. Pay within 14 days
          30/10/17 We write to advise you that we plan to advise CRA's that you have defaulted on your account, we will do this in 28 days if you do not pay.
          13/11/17 Notice of sums in arrears
          15/11/17 Notice of default sums
          29/12/17 Were referring your account to Moorcroft
          04/01/18 Letter from Moorcroft please pay within 7days
          17/01/18 Moorcroft informing of possible further action.
          01/02/18 Monthly instalment offer
          15/02/18 Offering repayment options
          01/03/18 Your account has been passed to our home collections division
          04/06/18 Discount offer may be available
          14/06/18 Account statement
          13/07/18 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
          17/07/18 Letter from Santander we will be referring your account to Wescot credit services
          31/07/18 Letter from Moorcroft informing they are no longer responsible for collection activity on this account £1 postal order and original CCA request were returned to me.
          02/09/18 Wescot intro letter asking for contact.
          05/08/18 Letter informing they know I live here and need to make contact
          15/08/18 Reduced settlement offer
          02/09/18 Opportunity of a repayment plan

08/03/19
          Updated
          21/02/19 Letter from Santander informing that the account will now be managed by drydensfairfax Solicitors.
          04/03/19 Letter from Drydensfairfax Solicitors asking me to contact them by 18th March to agree a solution to this matter..
          reading back through this post, I've just realised that the CCA request was never dealt with. On 31/07/18 (above) £1 postal order and CCA request were returned to me when they handed the account back to Santander.
          Update.
          so, I realise the CCA needs sending again, do I now sent it to Santander or Drydensfairfax Solicitors?

Comment

• nightwatch
            nightwatch commented
            Editing a comment
            AS you have a letter from Drysden send the CCA to them.

Do I still need to send the £1 postal order?

Comment

Do I still need to send the £1 postal order?
            Its very important that you do!
            The CCA S 77/78 request is a Consumer Right under the Law. It is the CCA that expressly requires £1
            I keep a photocopy of the Postal Order (use your MOB to take a picture!)
            Plus a copy of course of the CCA Request and send Recorded Delivery. Keep the Post Office receipt safe!

Comment

Thanks Nightwatch, sorry there is no way to like on the post.

Comment

Thanks roger, will sent it tomorrow.

Comment

Best to keep a copy of everything xx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I realise the CCA needs sending again, do I now sent it to Santander or Drydensfairfax Solicitors?

Have you received a response to your s77-79 CCA Request which you sent to DrdensFairfax yet? If not then that may mean the debt is currently unenforceable.

Personally I would have sent the CCA Request to Santander since they are the owner of the debt so they have the statutory obligation to comply not DrydensFairfax.

The reason you sent another CCA Request was because the first one went to Moorcroft a DCA not Santander the debt owner.

Di

Comment

• Capital One Partners debt
                        • Date commenced - 20/10/09
                        • Approx balance - £9000
                        • Date last paid-11/04/17
                        • Defaulted
                        • Status- In arrears
                        • Account owner- Lowell

03/06/17 Thank you for getting in touch, all payment information is included with this letter
                      03/06/17 Were here to help. fill in the I&E form and return it and well help set up a payment plan
                      03/06/17 Thanks for contacting us. I've enclosed some extra payment slips for you light the fire with as you cant pay what you owe us anyway.
                      20/06 17 You've missed some payments
                      28/06/17 We need to update your email address as our messages are bouncing from that address (REALLY) !!!!
                      July 2017 We'd like you to call us to help you get back on track
                      August 17 We have to inform you that you'll permanently lose the use of your card.
                      19/08 17 You've missed at least two payments (I make that 4 but anyhoo)
                      August17 Its likely you'll lose the use of your card if you don't pay by 12/09/17
                      18/09/17 You have now permanently lost the use of your card
                      September 17 Were about to send you a default notice
                      16/10/17 Default notice (I think) It isn't set out like the others but seems to be saying the same thing ish
                      20 10/17 Notice of sums in arrears. I'm behind with repayments (No kidding Sherlock)
                      November 17 Your account is about to default unless you pay within 30 days - that's not gonna happen!
                      18/11/17 Statement of default
                      21/11/17 We need to reach a payment agreement
                      10/04/18 Introduction letter from Lowell and a letter from Capital One informing that the account has been sold to Lowell
                      27/04/18 Letter from Lowell requesting payment agreement
                      13/05/18 Options of ways to repay
                      28/05/18 Letter - we may assess your account for legal action.
                      11/06/18 We intend to take legal action if you do not contact us to agree repayment
                      25/06/18 We will take legal action if no contact is made by 09/07/18 to avoid further action we can offer a 20% discount
                      10/07/18 We will be instructing solicitors if you do not arrange to repay
                      13/07/18 CCA request sent to Lowell
                      24/07/18 We have requested documentation from Capital One, account is on hold. if we have not heard from Capital One after 40 days time we will send you an update.
                      21/11/18 Response from Lowell with CCA response and reams of statements. Account is put .on hold until 19/12/18 while I check their paperwork
                      23/12/18 Letter from Lowell informing that they haven't heard back from me yet and to get in touch
                      10/01/19 Letter from Lowell - please contact us to make payment arrangements.
                      21/01/19 We have tried to contact you several times, we will shortly be passing your account to our collections department or one of our debt collection agencies. we are willing to offer a discount of 30% in affordable instalments.

24/01/19 CCA request sent to Niddy for checking

Niddy has checked this one and it is enforceable. Any ideas how we go forward with this now?
                      Theyve offered a 30% discount up to now so I'm wondering how much more flexible they might be.

Should I offer them a token payment, say £5 a month or just say nothing and await their next letter?

UPDATED 05/07/19
                      25/02/19 Letter offering affordable repayments of £1 per day.
                      10/04/19 Letter saying I could close my account with a 50% discount.
                      13/05/19 Letter offering a 60% discount.
                      07/07/19 Found an email in spam folder informing that this account has now been passed to BPO collections to recover the outstanding balance. They are offering a 40% discount as a one off payment.
                      Ho folks.
                      can anyone offer any advice with this one please as I'm so confused. They offered a 60% discount then passed it over to a DCA. I just don't know what to think about it. Seems the 60% is off the table now as BPO are offering 40%. Why would they pass something which is enforceable over to a DCA?

Comment

Ho folks.
                        can anyone offer any advice with this one please as I'm so confused. They offered a 60% discount then passed it over to a DCA. I just don't know what to think about it. Seems the 60% is off the table now as BPO are offering 40%. Why would they pass something which is enforceable over to a DCA?
                        because they can, offers are said to be on a 1st come basis i, they can say you didn't reply before thr the 1st person did, also Cabot are having a few problems with assignment issues, I wouldn't worry for now wait and see what they send next, NW
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

can anyone offer any advice with this one please as I'm so confused. . . . . Why would they pass something which is enforceable over to a DCA?

The credit agreement may be enforceable but that doesn't necessarily mean the debt is enforceable - there are many other reasons for a debt to be UE.

You've posted that the Default Notice from Capital One in 2017 "isn't set out like others" so maybe it's flawed in some way?

The debt has been assigned/sold to a debt purchaser who doesn't necessarily have access to the original creditor's data/documentation. If things progress they would need to produce the DN and they may not be able to get it.

The current owner is Lowell Portfolio so if they intend to issue legal proceedings they would typically instruct Lowell Solicitors. Post on the forum if that happens.

In the meantime I see no reason for you to reply to emails from a Debt Collection Agency.

Di
                          Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 14 July 2019, 10:26. Reason: Typo

Comment

12/11/19
                            Notice of acting received from Lowell Solicitors
                            Resolve this matter or we will issue legal proceedings

21/11/19
                            Letter of claim-30 days to prevent legal action

Comment

Sorry, don't know if I've lost the plot but the forum won't let me edit my original post.
                              We have received a letter of claim relating to my partners capital 1 account.
                              Niddy said this one is enforceable, they did offer a 60% reduction but it looks like that's gone out the window now. Any ideas what to do?
                              I only have a few days to reply so any help appreciated
                              thanks
                              Last edited by vaper; 18 December 2019, 19:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X