GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gwlads UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gwlads UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwlads UE Diary

Hi All

New to this forum - started the UE route about a year ago. Was getting advise off other sites (not freeman of the land type) so I am quite a way down the line. Did not find this site until recently and it is definitely the best one out there - trust me I've been on a few lol.

Background -got in difficulties in 2002 and was in a DMP until I stopped paying in August last year! Yes over 14 years but really didnt know any different until I started research.

CAPITAL ONE
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced: 2001
    • Approx balance-£1947.84
    • Date last paid -July 2002
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying:-stopped paying DMP August 2016
    • Status-previous default that has now dropped off credit report
    • Account owner-Lowell

14th Feb 2017 - CCA Sent recorded delivery
    20th Feb 2017 - Lowell replied cannot obtain copy of CCA so debt written off.

Comment

well done - sorted good luck! sometime now thankyou for the comment
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HALIFAX
        • Credit Card
        • Date commenced: Feb 2002
        • Approx balance-£4,470
        • Account owner-Cabot

14th Feb 2017 - CCA Sent recorded delivery
        21st Feb 2017 - Cabot replied dont have information of file but will contact creditor to obtain - will take 40 days
        SAR'd Halifax in March - included a copy of application form with my signature on and what looks like a reconstructed CCA and terms and conditions. SAR also confirms they sent CCA and terms to Cabot in early March but I have not received anything from Cabot. SAR does not appear to include any DN or mention of it in transaction log.

Comment

LLOYDS
          • Credit Card
          • Date commenced: 1st July 1999
          • Approx balance-£4,200
          • Account owner-PRA

18th Nov 2016 - PRA letter account being investigated by Investigations and Litigation department
          26th Nov 2016 - CCA Sent recorded delivery
          23rd Jan 2017 - PRA reply- enclosed an illegible copy of the CCA (I have the same one from SAR request but mine is a better copy). Waiting for further documentation so debt currently unenforceable
          17th March 2017 - PRA letter- Account Summary for year March 2016 - March 2017
          20th March 2017 - PRA letter enclosing print out of transactions until 2004. Also asked to contact them
          10th April 2017 - PRA Letter before Claim- giving me until 22nd of April to reply - PRA letter dated 6th April

11th April 2017 - Relied to PRA LBA asking for copies of Agreement, Default Notice, Termination Notice, Notice(s) and Deed of Assignment and Statement of Account. Also stated that I had received response fro them previously that they deemed the debt unenforceable and that I had received nothing changes that fact
          19th April 2017- PRA letter - confirming they have received my reply to their letter before clam, enclosing CCA and statements they had previously sent. Account on hold and currently unenforceable(again!) - they will request documentation for the original creditor
          SAR'd Lloyd's in November 2016 - included a bad copy of my CCA with my signature on . SAR also confirms they sent CCA to PRA in November 2016. PRA also requested a copy of the DN but were informed by Lloyd's they did not keep a copy. There is no copy of the DN in my SAR and nothing in the transaction logs either.

Comment

You seem to have got off to a good start. I look forward to helping you on your journey.

Being in a DMP can provide peace and quiet while all around you is in turmoil, but after 14 years it's definitely time to move on!

Was there PPI on any of these accounts?

Di

Comment

Hi Di

Thanks for the reply. There was PPI on the Lloyd's one. I have other debts to add when I get chance but the Cabot and PRA ones are the ones I think I may have issues with.

I find it strange why Cabot haven't sent me the CCA they received off Halifax in March.

Comment

M and S
                • Loan
                • Date commenced: 2000
                • Approx balance-£8000
                • Account owner-HPH2 - RW Agents

This debt has a CCJ from 2004 and a restriction on my property by the OC. However on investigation M and S have sold the debt but RW have not replaced their name on either the CCJ or CO. I think they will need to go to court for this. The CCJ was a judgement forthwith I believe as M and S just wanted to get the debt secured via a CO(its is however a restriction as debt in my name house jointly owned) . I wasn't ordered to pay any installments by the court - my DMP sorted out monthly payments which varied up/down annually. Have had a few lame letters off RW and a few calls but nothing much. I have rang M and S as I am not happy that I have a restriction on my property saying I owe them money but they have sold the debt. They told me they will remove the restriction if RW contact them to say the debt has been settled. I don't agree with this as its their problem if they sold it on incorrectly. I have received no notices of assignment and there are none in the SAR I received off M and S. Can anyone offer any advise please on this.

Comment

Originally posted by gwlad View Post
                  LLOYDS
                  • Credit Card
                  • Approx balance-£4,200
                  • Account owner-PRA

18th Nov 2016 - PRA letter account being investigated by Investigations and Litigation department
                  23rd Jan 2017 - PRA reply- enclosed an illegible copy of the CCA (I have the same one from SAR request but mine is a better copy). Waiting for further documentation so debt currently unenforceable
                  20th March 2017 - PRA letter enclosing print out of transactions until 2004. Also asked to contact them
                  10th April 2017 - PRA Letter before Claim- giving me until 22nd of April to reply - PRA letter dated 6th April

11th April 2017 - Relied to PRA LBA asking for copies of Agreement, Default Notice, Termination Notice, Notice(s) and Deed of Assignment and Statement of Account. Also stated that I had received response fro them previously that they deemed the debt unenforceable and that I had received nothing changes that fact
                  19th April 2017- PRA letter - confirming they have received my reply to their letter before clam, enclosing CCA and statements they had previously sent. Account on hold and currently unenforceable(again!) - they will request documentation for the original creditor
                  SAR'd Lloyd's in November 2016 - included a bad copy of my CCA with my signature on . SAR also confirms they sent CCA to PRA in November 2016. PRA also requested a copy of the DN but were informed by Lloyd's they did not keep a copy. There is no copy of the DN in my SAR and nothing in the transaction logs either.
                  3rd Sept 2017 - Sent CCA to Niddy and had a very prompt and welcome reply -

Comment

Such great news.........Some good results there for you

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Better late here than never. So annoying to be paying for 14 years and then arrive here and realise things could of been so much easier ... (hindsight and like me, 14 years ago AAD was n t around).all the best now, and great results
                      If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Originally posted by gwlad View Post
                        LLOYDS
                        • Credit Card
                        • Approx balance-£4,200
                        • Account owner-PRA

3rd October 2017 - Received yet another letter before claim despite letter from PRA on 19th April stating account on hold until they receive information from original creditor and that account is currently unenforceable.This is the second LBA I have received and I have recived no documentation whatsoever. Could someone please advice how I should reply?

Comment

Would anybody have any suggestions on what to send in response to the above please? I have drafted a letter which seems OK but just want to double check prior to sending

Comment

My suggestion would be to send a copy of their letter stating that the account is on hold with a line asking why the letter of xxhad been sent as you have yet to receive any further paperwork.

Wait a couple of days before replying to see if anyone has any further suggestions.

Comment

Thank you cymruambyth I was thinking on those lines as well - Welsh minds think alike!

Comment

Working...
                              X