GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gwlads UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gwlads UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter received from PRA in reply to my LBA . They are sorry about my complaont and it is being investigated by their complaints department and all collection activities on hold. Are these people real they received my letter on 16th October and still issued claim on 17th. I will be keeping to court's deadline.

Comment

Sounds as if they issued a bulk load of claims and had not processed your letter before they did so. Definately stick to the court deadlines, the last thing you want is a default judgement. Good luck with it
      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

keep us updated
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks both AOS completed Thursday CPR 31 going Monday will keep updating

Comment

send Recorded Delivery
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi All

I have an update on the claim. Thanks to Joanna Connolly and Diana May-hew the claim has been discontinued. I have also received a letter off PRA after complaining about their behavior during collection activities - they have written the debt off and awarded me £150 compensation. All in all a very good outcome.

Many thanks to all who advised and thanks to this forum. Without this forum I wouldn't have had a clue about enforceability etc.

Happy Christmas to you all

Comment

Well done to all

Comment

Congratulations to all involved, that must be a lovely christmas present
                  When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by gwlad View Post
                    I have an update on the claim. Thanks to Joanna Connolly and Diana May-hew the claim has been discontinued. I have also received a letter off PRA after complaining about their behavior during collection activities - they have written the debt off and awarded me £150 compensation.
                    Winning is always nice but getting £150 compensation on top is even nicer.

Definitely a Christmas bonus

Di

Comment

M and S
                      • Loan
                      • Date commenced: 2000
                      • Approx balance-£8000
                      • Date last paid -July 2002
                      • Are you on arrangement or not paying:-stopped paying DMP August 2016
                      • Status-previous default that has now dropped off credit report
                      • Account owner-HPH2 - RW Agents

This debt has a CCJ from 2004 and a restriction on my property by the OC. However on investigation M and S have sold the debt but RW have not replaced their name on either the CCJ or CO. I think they will need to go to court for this. The CCJ was a judgement forthwith I believe as M and S just wanted to get the debt secured via a CO(its is however a restriction as debt in my name house jointly owned) . I wasn't ordered to pay any installments by the court - my DMP sorted out monthly payments which varied up/down annually. Have had a few lame letters off RW and a few calls but nothing much. I have rang M and S as I am not happy that I have a restriction on my property saying I owe them money but they have sold the debt. They told me they will remove the restriction if RW contact them to say the debt has been settled. I don't agree with this as its their problem if they sold it on incorrectly. I have received no notices of assignment and there are none in the SAR I received off M and S. Can anyone offer any advise please on this.
                      January 2019 notice of assignment received from Hoist HPH2 to Hoist UK - other than that not a lot from them. Really want to get this restriction removed as need to remortgage - any suggestions

Comment

M and S
                        • Loan
                        • Approx balance-£8000

This debt has a CCJ from 2004 and a restriction on my property by the OC. However on investigation M and S have sold the debt but RW have not replaced their name on either the CCJ or CO. I think they will need to go to court for this. The CCJ was a judgement forthwith I believe as M and S just wanted to get the debt secured via a CO(its is however a restriction as debt in my name house jointly owned) . I wasn't ordered to pay any installments by the court - my DMP sorted out monthly payments which varied up/down annually. Have had a few lame letters off RW and a few calls but nothing much. I have rang M and S as I am not happy that I have a restriction on my property saying I owe them money but they have sold the debt. They told me they will remove the restriction if RW contact them to say the debt has been settled. I don't agree with this as its their problem if they sold it on incorrectly. I have received no notices of assignment and there are none in the SAR I received off M and S. Can anyone offer any advise please on this.
                        January 2019 notice of assignment received from Hoist HPH2 to Hoist UK - other than that not a lot from them. Really want to get this restriction removed as need to remortgage - any suggestions

Comment

M and S
                          • Loan
                          • Approx balance-£8000

I am going to need to get this restriction removed as need to remortgage. M and S no longer own the debt but they have stated they need confirmation from Hoist that the debt has been settled.

I am loathe to do this as there is no paperwork etc regarding the CCJ so they will not be able to substitute (if that even possible after 15 years)

Can anyone recommend a letter I can send to Hoist for F&F - i was thinking of 10%. They recently offered a 25% discount.

Comment

You could poss have a word with Di , or post here, on Q & A With niddy and jo, https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/f...connolly/page3

Comment

Hi nightwatch I spoke to one of Di’’s team regarding this and it was suggested to offer a low F and F to Hoist. Just need some advise on what (and more importantly) what not to put in a letter. It’s ridiculous how M and S can have a restriction on my property when I now owe them nothing

Thanks for the feedback appreciate it.

Comment

Hi All

what is the latest advise regarding Resolvecall sending a letter that there are going to visit if no reply in 7 days? The debt is for a bank account now owned by Cabot. Shall I just ignore or is it worth responding.

I can post up more details on debt tomorrow if required

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X