GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gwlads UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gwlads UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They want you to contact them do not. If ever the local chap turns up do not converse they will leave a card saying contact some office. Ignore they get paid as messenger.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks The Tech Ckerk that was my thinking

Comment

They want to get you to "Reconnect" with Cabot,
        so as that is something you dont want to do, then just say no thanks, shut the door, and make a cup of tea.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          They want to get you to "Reconnect" with Cabot,
          so as that is something you dont want to do, then just say no thanks, shut the door, and make a cup of tea.
          Yep as above. Resolvecall are very easy to deal with. Just say no thanks dont wish to speak with you, have a nice day. Also just ignore the card they pop through your letterbox. Take care

Comment

What a shame I missed the Resolvecall visit - they have left a note through the letterbox asking to contact them - I wont be.

Comment

Maybe they just wanted to wish you a happy new year.
              Enjoy your weekend
              NW xx

PS, the above post went mad and took over the whole page, so I wiped it.

Comment

Hi All

Well I have finally made it to Statute Barred - happy days.

Many thanks to all who have helped me on this journey - would not have been possible without this site.

I only had one DCA who took me to court but they were easily defeated by Joanna Connolly solicitors who were superb.

To anyone just starting out stick with it - I was in your position at the beginning and was worried sick about what could happen.
                I used to dread letters etc being delivered but that didn't last long thanks to the support on this site and it does get easier.

I have been in your position and I can remember waking in the middle of the night trawling forums, posts etc on my phone over thinking everything.

The debt collection industry thrive on peoples anxiety and naivety as the vast majority of people don't know about sites like this and just roll over - I did for years.

Once you have started the process here listen to the advise and you cant go wrong believe me.

Once again many thanks to everyone on this site and keep the faith.

Comment

The debt collection industry thrive on peoples anxiety and naivety as the vast majority of people don't know about sites like this and just roll over - I did for years.

Once you have started the process here listen to the advise and you cant go wrong believe me.

So true, and unfortunately some who come here for advice then don't follow it, and so do themselves no favours IMO. But it's their choice, and if they think it's what is best for them, then fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

So true, and unfortunately some who come here for advice then don't follow it, and so do themselves no favours IMO. But it's their choice, and if they think it's what is best for them, then fine.
                    Agree with you there Still Waving - every situation is different and tactics change over time but some people think they know best.

Had a look at the GOODF forum once the "freeman of the land" type - now there's an eye opener.

Comment

Glad you have reached the end of your journey,
                      all ours are SB, But Hoist and Cabot are still hanging on in hope I will contribute to the Xmas party fund.
                      I may tell them one day.
                      But that day isn't today .?

Comment

GOODFF dropped me in it once

Comment

This site has been a godesnd for me. I spent years thinking I absolutely had to pay my credit cards and was always taking cash out of them to pay the others to meet the minimum payent. Now I've sent three quick letters and found that £25k of the £30k I had outstaninding in unenforcable. I'm now saving siginificant amounts instead and paying the remaining £5k off at a comfortable rate.

Comment

Working...
                          X