GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Gwlads UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gwlads UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As my name states, Cymru am byth
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wales forever !
      If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Originally posted by gwlad View Post

3rd October 2017 - Received yet another letter before claim despite letter from PRA on 19th April stating account on hold until they receive information from original creditor and that account is currently unenforceable.This is the second LBA I have received and I have recived no documentation whatsoever. Could someone please advice how I should reply?
        Can you clarify something. You say you've received no documentation whatsoever but in your debt history you say PRA sent you a credit agreement on 23rd January and again on 19th April (albeit you say the agreement was illegible).

Have you sent it to Niddy to check?

You need to establish the legal situation before you write any letter. In fact depending on what is discovered (about your credit agreement) you may not need to respond at all.

What is the date on the latest LBA because Pre-Action Protocol for debt claims changed on 1st October?

Di

Comment

Hi Diana thanks for the reply. The date on the latest LBA letter is 28th September but I received it yesterday. I have sent the agreement to Niddy who has informed me its UE and illegible
          I replied to a previous LBA in April requesting documents and PRA replied they were going to request them from the OC and would be placing collection activities on hold. I have received nothing off them since that last letter only the new LBA yesterday - its word for word the same as the LBA i received in April.

Comment

Hi All
            I am planning on sending a letter to PRA with a copy of their reply to the last LBA where they stated have put my account on hold while they await correspondance from the OC. - I have not received any other correspondence since their last reply. Would be grateful if someone could advise if this reply to them is ok to send

Comment

Originally posted by gwlad View Post
              Hi All
              I am planning on sending a letter to PRA with a copy of their reply to the last LBA where they stated have put my account on hold while they await correspondance from the OC. - I have not received any other correspondence since their last reply. Would be grateful if someone could advise if this reply to them is ok to send
              Why would you do this - just wait for them to do as they suggest..... we do not take the fight to the creditors here, play passive and fight things when they hassle you.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Apologies, just seen they sent an LBA - see what Diana Mayhew says as she may suggest sending the LBA response. Listen to the legal guys on this one as PRA are litigation happy. So sit tight and see what Di suggests.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Why would you do this - just wait for them to do as they suggest..... we do not take the fight to the creditors here, play passive and fight things when they hassle you.
                  Just to clarify - they sent the OP a new LBA dated 28 Sept, does this not require a response?

EDIT: answered in preceeding post.

Comment

Well despite replying to the second LBA and receiving no reply I have today received a claim form any advice peeps.

Comment

Send a copy of the form to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk and to Diane Mayhew.
                      And try not to panic or worry too much as we are very successful at defending claims.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks cymruambyth - I really am not in the slightest bit worried - I think I have a very strong case against them

Comment

From what you have posted I agree your case seems quite strong; I can just remember the feeling when I opened the brown envelope !

Comment

Thanks cymruambyth - I am in touch with Diana M and will keep you posted. My wife opened the envelope - we have been expecting it she is also not bothered - she is even more determined than me to fight this!

Comment

keep us updated

Comment

Letter received from PRA in reply to my LBA . They are sorry about my complaont and it is being investigated by their complaints department and all collection activities on hold. Are these people real they received my letter on 16th October and still issued claim on 17th. I will be keeping to court's deadline.

Comment

Working...
                                X