GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script spent2much UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spent2much UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spent2much
    Our debts are now statute barred Never imagined getting this far , I used to get so jealous in a nice way when other members on here posted about their debts becoming statute barred , now its my turn.
    So where do we go from here ?

Happy days !

Thank you for all the help on here over the years , we've had some bad times as a family nearly had to give the house up and nearly lost the business , but thanks to the encouragement with the house from plan B and to niddy and I could mention loads of members who've been amazing in encouraging me along the way , me and my husband appreciate everything everyone has done for us .

Now looking into selling house and down sizing .

lots of love s2m xx

PS my diary shows June 22nd last payments but it was actually 20th I just never got round to editing , but hey what's two days lol ,

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew

^ ^ ^ I saw your post on another thread but decided to react on your Unenforceable Diary so others can see and share the good news. Time to celebrate!

First of all well done you for reaching the Statute Barred milestone. It's been hard work (1,760 posts on this 113 page thread!).

It's been a roller coaster ride but you made it *phew*

My advice would be to keep quiet for at least another year because even though you say the last payments were more than six years ago some debt purchasers rely on the default date as the Cause of Action for SB purposes. Most AAD members will have been defaulted before their last payment date so it's less of a worry.

Post up any letters you get, but hopefully contact from the debt purchasers will gradually cease.

I'm happy for you

This gives hope to others in debt

Di

Comment

• updated today what do i do about this shall i ignore as this debt is statute barred . Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        updated today what do i do about this shall i ignore as this debt is statute barred .

Hello

Your last post on this thread was a year ago so can you just clarify which debt you are referring to (with a link or re-quote of the account history).

During the last year there has been new case law (a higher court) which means that the last payment may not necessarily be the legal determination of Statute Barred - the date the account was defaulted may be relevant which can sometimes be months, if not years, later.

Obviously evidence that a Default Notice was served would be relevant too.

Di

Comment

Re: spent2much UE diary

Type of account (catalogue very.co.uk)mine

Date commenced (2004) maybe before

Approx balance.( £1,217

Date last paid (22/06/2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying (stopping dmp )

Status (cca being sent )

Account owner (very.co.uk) now with cabot financial

9/7/12 cca request sent
          12/7/12 from Cabot do not have this inormation on file requesting from original lender.
          20/9/12 from Cabot still looking for agreement and until they do this account is UE

19/04/13 Cabot

Your request for information under the consumer credit act.

Unfortunately Cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period.

What happens next?

We shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with your request. In the meantime, we would like inform you that your account shall remain on hold with the customer assurance department until such time we can comply with your request.

Your account

Please not , you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance as confirmed in this letter and therefore we would recommend you contact us as soon as possible to set a repayment arrangement or continue with your existing plan.

Cabot we have passed your account to Ruthbridge ltd,
          letter included from Rithbridge .
          asking for a plan to reply
          6 June 2019

This account is statute barred , what do i do with it just ignore it ?

thanks
          bump

Comment

Re: spent2much UE diary

Type of account (catalogue very.co.uk)mine

Date commenced (2004) maybe before

Approx balance.( £1,217

Date last paid (22/06/2012)

Are you on arrangement or not paying (stopping dmp )

Status (cca being sent )

Account owner (very.co.uk) now with cabot financial

9/7/12 cca request sent
            12/7/12 from Cabot do not have this inormation on file requesting from original lender.
            20/9/12 from Cabot still looking for agreement and until they do this account is UE

19/04/13 Cabot

Your request for information under the consumer credit act.

Unfortunately Cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period.

What happens next?

We shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with your request. In the meantime, we would like inform you that your account shall remain on hold with the customer assurance department until such time we can comply with your request.

Your account

Please not , you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance as confirmed in this letter and therefore we would recommend you contact us as soon as possible to set a repayment arrangement or continue with your existing plan.

Cabot we have passed your account to Ruthbridge ltd,
            letter included from Rithbridge .
            asking for a plan to reply
            6 June 2019

This account is statute barred , what do i do with it just ignore it ?

thanks
            Bumping this as would like some advise please .Thanks

Comment

• well up to them now, their next move, seems they keep asking for a repayment plan ummmm never mind. see what they do next as when sent to a different company they hit you with template letters etc to see how you react, and they hope & hope & hope.. every case is different
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• As Di posted, be careful with your SB dates; otherwise I would just ignore. Why waste money on postage when the account is unenforceable? There is no need to notify them, why do their job for them. They can be imaginative with default dates, so the longer you wait before letting them know, the harder it is for them.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Thank you for replying appreciate it . All accounts were statute barred last June and the only two accounts with defaults on them both come off in August this year and this account is not one those , so will leave them to it .
                  Just wondering if this is going to go on forever though with SB accounts being passed on and on , do i just ignore them now ?

Comment

• They get bored after a while! I have an SB account that has been sold on; I have just added the letter to my collection

Comment

• I have 2 accounts with Robinson way, they are UE and SBm but they still like to write to me, who am I to stop their hopes of me paying them.
                      I would be cruel to crush their dreams of me suddenly paying up, and maybe giving one of them a heart attack with the shock.

RBS send us CC statements every month, they couldn't find the CCA for the card, so never sold it on, defaulted 2002, not paid since April 2012, send the statements but never any letters asking us to pay.

Comment

• Thank you , well I received another letter from them saying that they are sending the account back to the owner

Comment

Working...
                        X