GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Epsons UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epsons UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Epsons UE Diary

Thanks Helmsman,

I have done 5 years on the DMP, finishes in 2037 if I carry on like I am - something to look forward to I guess!!

Sadly, this is the first time I have ever looked at my list of creditors, volumes, defaults etc - buried head in sand all along even whilst DMP was set up etc.

Bored now though, must resolve and start again!!!

Fingers crossed.

Epson

Comment

Just a tip - when sending 'RD' (Recorded Delivery - Signautre request only) Send 2nd Class as it'll get there as fast as 1st class (as well as its a few pence savings as well). I think its about £1.35? for 2nd class signed for, before was £1.13.

Good luck!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by epsonsx435w View Post
        Thanks Helmsman,

I have done 5 years on the DMP, finishes in 2037 if I carry on like I am - something to look forward to I guess!!

Sadly, this is the first time I have ever looked at my list of creditors, volumes, defaults etc - buried head in sand all along even whilst DMP was set up etc.

Bored now though, must resolve and start again!!!

Fingers crossed.

Epson
        At that rate, its amazing that the DMP, didn't mention to you about an 'IVA' which is the norm' of 5 years and thats it!!!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So where do we start.....gulp!!
          The suggestions already given are excellent, but it would appear that nobody else has spotted this possible error by a creditor:

MBNA CC
          • Type of account - Credit Card
          • Date commenced - Circa 2004-5
          • Approx balance - 11.5k
          • Date last paid - Est Late 2006
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying - DMP pays £37 pm
          • Status - Default 01/01/2007 - New Years Day
          • Account owner - Link Financial
          It would be interesting to see what dates appeared on the default notice, when it was posted and when it was delivered. If I recall correctly, the minimum notice period back in 2006 was only seven days.

However, Christmas Day 2006 was a Monday and, together with St Stephen's Day 2006 and New Year's Day 2007, there would be three bank/public holidays in the middle of the notice period. The latest possible date for the default notice to have been sent was 22/12/06 - the penultimate Friday in December 2006 - and, if sent by second class post, it would not be deemed to have been received until four working days later, on 30/12/2006.

That would have reduced the notice period to only two days and thereby could have invalidated the default notice.

I prefer to leave it to others to say whether or not or by how much this might help.
          Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 30 May 2012, 11:31. Reason: .typo correction

Comment

Folder is at the ready, letters will be printed today and posted RD as suggested (cunning about the electronic signatures, didnt think they would stoop that low)!
            Originally posted by Flowerpower
            You never know, better to be safe than sorry...
            It may be apocryphal but it has (allegedly) been known for one or more creditors to 'get creative' when reconstructing / reconstituting an agreement. In at least one case - or so the story goes - a creditor scanned the letter requesting the documents, copied the signature thereon and pasted it onto what was purportedly the agreement. The only problem with that was that the letter had actually been signed by the advisor at the CAB whom the alleged debtor had consulted.

It could have been interesting if they had used that forgery in court.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
              sending 'RD' (Recorded Delivery - Signautre request only)
              Parlez vous Frenchish?
              Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 30 May 2012, 11:44.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                At that rate, its amazing that the DMP, didn't mention to you about an 'IVA' which is the norm' of 5 years and thats it!!!
                It would only be 'amazing' if the Debt Mismanagement Parasites were at all concerned about their clients' interests rather than their own desire to extract payments and to be paid for doing very little.

Comment

Thanks Cleverclogs, appreciate your input!

One other thing I have noticed is that I have two defaults for the same debt although one is satisfied and the other is open (is that ok as technically it still looks like two defaults?)

EGG BANKING PLC
                  Loan
                  Satisfied
                  14/08/2011
                  BRITANNICA RECOVER...
                  Loan
                  £13,074
                  20/05/2012

Comment

One other thing I have noticed is that I have two defaults for the same debt although one is satisfied and the other is open (is that ok as technically it still looks like two defaults?)

EGG BANKING PLC
                    Loan
                    Satisfied
                    14/08/2011

BRITANNICA RECOVER...
                    Loan
                    £13,074
                    20/05/2012
                    One or the other date was when the varmints at Britannica bought the account.

Comment

OK guys, 9x CCA printed, enveloped and ready to send tomorrow AM (missed post office) - by 2nd class recorded

Great advice thus far, I will update in due course when I begin to receive my unenforcable agreements (glass kinda half full guy these days!).

Clearly the lack of updating will mean no-one has replied to me even though I have gone to great lengths today to prepare nine of these letters!

Speak soon and thanks again

Epson

Comment

Good luck, keep us updated and send me the agremeents when they arrive agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Welcome to epsonsx435w

Hi All

Apologies for the brief absence from here - unfortunately my birthday clashed with the Jubilee so I had an extension!

Right back to business - I have my 9x postal orders and letters ready to go - quick question - do I insert the creditor/DCA name on the top of each one or leave blank for them to fill in?

Just not sure of the "official company name" for each but sure I could find them with some digging!

I also have uncrossed PO's - does that make any difference for the purpose of the CCA request?

Appreciate your help as usual guys and gals.

Thanks

Epson

Comment

Re: Welcome to epsonsx435w

I would send them blank and let them fill in the PO details....
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I am actually quite excited waiting for the replies, is that wrong??

First reply today so updated my diary but a little boring (i.e. requested documents etc account on hold...) - I want more ASAP!!!

Comment

By the way, should I stop paying my DMP from this point (made last payment as usual at the start of the month) - or shall I keep paying till I get my replies in??

Comment

Working...
                                X