GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script asm76's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

asm76's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: asm76's UE Diary

Type of account: Credit Card (AMEX)
    Date commenced: 11/07/2003
    Approx balance: £5289.19
    Date last paid: Feb 2012
    Are you on arrangement or not paying: Not paying
    Account owner: Capquest

07/03/2012 - Sent CCA request
    10/03/2012 - Letter received stating my account was on hold for 28 days while they source the CCA.
    22/05/2012 - Received a stack of statements dating back to 2005. An "Express Application" form signed by me. Copy of a CCA, unsigned.
    22/05/2012 - Emailed Niddy - Account
    28/05/2012 - Sent missing prescribed terms letter
    08/06/2012 - Letter received: "Referred to the compliance department. A quality assurance officer will be in touch. Account on hold etc."
    09/06/2012 - Another letter received dated 2nd June (crossed in the post with the letter received on 8th June 2012, which was dated 7th June 2012). This one is a "Letter Before Action" saying my account will be progressed to their pre-litigation department, mentions their solicitors MAY commence legal action "around 8th June 2012" (yesterday lol!). Mentions "Order of the Court", "Warrant of Execution" and then goes on to threaten all the things Bailiffs will do to me, removing my possessions, extra fees etc. etc. Then they tell me that to avoid this action I should call them.

19/06/2012 - Letter received quoting Carey vs HSBC and recon agreements.
    19/06/2012 - Sent Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
    27/06/2012 - Letter received thanking me for my recent correspondence. My account is "on-hold" while they investigate my complaint in line with their in-house procedure. They'll be in contact with me with the results of their findings. They've kindly enclosed a copy of their "Complaints Handling Leaflet" for my information.
    30/06/2012 - Letter received from Mr Hawkes the Complaints Officer. They have sent me the same express application, unsigned CCA and statements dating back to 2005 that I showed Niddy. Instead of typing it all out I have taken a pic and uploaded it below.
    03/07/2012 - Sent missing prescribed terms letter.
    19/07/2012 - Letter received including same Express application (signed by me) and unsigned CCA. They have highlighted some info this time around
    20/07/2012 - Sent Final Response - Unenforceable letter.
    25/08/2012 - Same letter, with bits highlighted (as per 19th July). This time they tell me the FOS wouldn't be able to uphold any complaint I made. Wonder how they know that? Anyway, nothing new here really, they are just repeating themselves now. They've even enclosed ANOTHER copy of the application, unsigned Ts&Cs and 5 years worth of statements.
    14/09/2012 - Letter received informing me that my account is being processed for legal action. I have been selected for this "one time solution" to settle my account. It's "not a gimmick" or "nothing sinister" and I can "save a considerable amount of money doing so". I have to pay a minimum payment each month and they will credit my account with 30% of the payment I make. They hope I "seriously consider this and make the right choice".

06/10/2012 - Letter received from the infamous Marcus Butterworth "Litigation Department". As I'm aware they've communicated with me over a period of time to resolve this without the need for legal action. Warns me costs will be applied if they succeed in obtaining judgement. My case may be passed to their solicitors on or around the 16th October. Then he goes on to say that he isn't demanding payment in full and he's open to suggestion from me... And, if I contact them before the 16th, they will offer a settlement figure (around £1300 less than the original balance - yet I've already paid more than that off in installments since 2008 - they are chasing the original amount and haven't taken into account what I've already paid!!) to clear the account, which I can pay in 3 monthly installments.
    10/10/2012 - Sent one liner referring them to my Final response letter dated 20/07/2012.
    17/10/2012 - 7:45pm Phone call on my work mobile. Call rejected. Voice mail left informing me Capquest had tried to contact me and may contact me later.
    19/10/2012 - Telephone Harassment letter sent.
    29/10/2012 - Letter received apologising for any inconvenience and they've removed all telephone numbers for me from my "account".
    19/08/2013 - Letter from Past Due Credit Solutions chasing the debt for Capquest. I'm ignoring this one.
    05/09/2013 - Letter from past Due telling me I haven't paid the debt and I may get more letters and my credit may be affected in the future. ooh, scary! In fact Capquest already defaulted me and it dropped off my file nearly 2 years ago.
    21/09/2013 - Letter from Past Due informing me that Capquest have authorised them to offer a discount of ~£2000. Still ignoring. Even my OH is rolling her eyes at it all now. They are still peddaling the wrong owed amount also, every letter has the original owed amount on it, not the original amount MINUS what I had already paid.
    06/06/2016 - FINAL UPDATE: CapQuest got a CCJ against me in Jan 2016. Back in Dec 2015 they sent the claim form to an old address which formed the basis of my set-aside defence. The CCJ was set aside in March 2016 and a hearing was set for 2nd June 2016. Before we got to court their solicitors discontinued.

Comment

good one

Comment

That's great news, well done.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Brilliant!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Such great news, Well done to all involved

It just shows what can be done if Creditors don't play by the rules

Comment

Wonderful xx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
              X