GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script asm76's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

asm76's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: asm76's UE Diary

TBH I haven't got a clue how they've got my work phone number. I've never given it out for anything other than work related guff.

Another DCA managed to get hold of my work desk phone number not so long back as well. Had to get that changed!

Pack of pests.

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
      TBH I haven't got a clue how they've got my work phone number. I've never given it out for anything other than work related guff.

Another DCA managed to get hold of my work desk phone number not so long back as well. Had to get that changed!

Pack of pests.
      Are you on LinkedIn or other social networking?

Last couple of weeks I had my profile viewed by a couple of 'anonymous' LinkedIn users, and very shortly after (coincidentally) was when the phone calls started.

What Capquest are doing with me is calling my employers main number and asking them to put them through to me. I know they have tried to get my mobile number from reception, but its company policy not to get numbers out so they haven't had much success with that.

They are very stupid, because they are calling my employer the calls are recorded so I have evidence of how they operate!
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am on LinkedIn but my profile is private and can only be viewed by people I accept. I've only accepted people I know in real life.

The only phone number on there is my home number, so they obviously can't see that info otherwise they'd have been calling it, I expect.

Comment

I am on LinkedIn but my profile is private and can only be viewed by people I accept. I've only accepted people I know in real life.

The only phone number on there is my home number, so they obviously can't see that info otherwise they'd have been calling it, I expect.
          What about your public profile?

May even be worth googling yourself, its amazing what people can find out about you on the net, even if you're pretty internet security savvy.

And of course theres always nHunter as well who can pass across info...
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

send a letter to cease phoning work which is against guidelines or a complaint to the Regulator will take place, send to Ms A. SIMMS, Quality & Assurance Officer @ Capquest.

Comment

Yep, Googled myself and the company I work for. Nothing comes up. There are no work related phone numbers on LinkedIn. At all.

I've had no calls for a few days now, before I'd get at least one a day. So hopefully it has stopped now.

Just wait for the next letter, I guess!

Comment

All quiet on the Crapquest front

Comment

Still quiet.

I am now "debt free". I applied for, and got, a Tesco credit card with a £4500 limit on Friday. I'll be using it for work expenses and paying it off in full each month when reclaim them from the company I work for.

Get some good stuff built up ready for a mortgage next year.

Comment

Had a couple of phone calls from Capquest, which I expected as my home phone number was put on the credit card application I made - obviously an National Hunter job!

Anyway, I missed the first two calls and caught the 3rd one. I politely informed them I wouldn't be confirming any security details over the phone, after he'd tried to explain the DPA to me. He said "OK, thanks. Bye" and hung up.

Not had anything since.

Comment

Type of account: Credit Card (AMEX)
                      Date commenced: 11/07/2003
                      Approx balance: £5289.19
                      Date last paid: Feb 2012
                      Are you on arrangement or not paying: Not paying
                      Account owner: Capquest

07/03/2012 - Sent CCA request
                      10/03/2012 - Letter received stating my account was on hold for 28 days while they source the CCA.
                      22/05/2012 - Received a stack of statements dating back to 2005. An "Express Application" form signed by me. Copy of a CCA, unsigned.
                      22/05/2012 - Emailed Niddy - Account
                      28/05/2012 - Sent missing prescribed terms letter
                      08/06/2012 - Letter received: "Referred to the compliance department. A quality assurance officer will be in touch. Account on hold etc."
                      09/06/2012 - Another letter received dated 2nd June (crossed in the post with the letter received on 8th June 2012, which was dated 7th June 2012). This one is a "Letter Before Action" saying my account will be progressed to their pre-litigation department, mentions their solicitors MAY commence legal action "around 8th June 2012" (yesterday lol!). Mentions "Order of the Court", "Warrant of Execution" and then goes on to threaten all the things Bailiffs will do to me, removing my possessions, extra fees etc. etc. Then they tell me that to avoid this action I should call them.

19/06/2012 - Letter received quoting Carey vs HSBC and recon agreements.
                      19/06/2012 - Sent Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                      27/06/2012 - Letter received thanking me for my recent correspondence. My account is "on-hold" while they investigate my complaint in line with their in-house procedure. They'll be in contact with me with the results of their findings. They've kindly enclosed a copy of their "Complaints Handling Leaflet" for my information.
                      30/06/2012 - Letter received from Mr Hawkes the Complaints Officer. They have sent me the same express application, unsigned CCA and statements dating back to 2005 that I showed Niddy. Instead of typing it all out I have taken a pic and uploaded it below.
                      03/07/2012 - Sent missing prescribed terms letter.
                      19/07/2012 - Letter received including same Express application (signed by me) and unsigned CCA. They have highlighted some info this time around
                      20/07/2012 - Sent Final Response - Unenforceable letter.
                      25/08/2012 - Same letter, with bits highlighted (as per 19th July). This time they tell me the FOS wouldn't be able to uphold any complaint I made. Wonder how they know that? Anyway, nothing new here really, they are just repeating themselves now. They've even enclosed ANOTHER copy of the application, unsigned Ts&Cs and 5 years worth of statements.
                      14/09/2012 - Letter received informing me that my account is being processed for legal action. I have been selected for this "one time solution" to settle my account. It's "not a gimmick" or "nothing sinister" and I can "save a considerable amount of money doing so". I have to pay a minimum payment each month and they will credit my account with 30% of the payment I make. They hope I "seriously consider this and make the right choice".

06/10/2012 - Letter received from the infamous Marcus Butterworth "Litigation Department". As I'm aware they've communicated with me over a period of time to resolve this without the need for legal action. Warns me costs will be applied if they succeed in obtaining judgement. My case may be passed to their solicitors on or around the 16th October. Then he goes on to say that he isn't demanding payment in full and he's open to suggestion from me... And, if I contact them before the 16th, they will offer a settlement figure (around £1300 less than the original balance - yet I've already paid more than that off in installments since 2008 - they are chasing the original amount and haven't taken into account what I've already paid!!) to clear the account, which I can pay in 3 monthly installments.
                      10/10/2012 - Sent one liner referring them to my Final response letter dated 20/07/2012.
                      17/10/2012 - 7:45pm Phone call on my work mobile. Call rejected. Voice mail left informing me Capquest had tried to contact me and may contact me later.
                      19/10/2012 - Telephone Harassment letter sent.
                      29/10/2012 - Letter received apologising for any inconvenience and they've removed all telephone numbers for me from my "account".
                      19/08/2013 - Letter from Past Due Credit Solutions chasing the debt for Capquest. I'm ignoring this one.

Comment

19/08/2013 - Letter from Past Due Credit Solutions chasing the debt for Capquest. I'm ignoring this one.
                        Probably wise right now - keep us updated
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will do mate

Comment

Status: Default dropped off credit file October 2011

10/03/2012 - Letter received stating my account was on hold for 28 days while they source the CCA.
                            22/05/2012 - Received a stack of statements dating back to 2005. An "Express Application" form signed by me. Copy of a CCA, unsigned.
                            08/06/2012 - Letter received: "Referred to the compliance department. A quality assurance officer will be in touch. Account on hold etc."
                            09/06/2012 - Another letter received dated 2nd June (crossed in the post with the letter received on 8th June 2012, which was dated 7th June 2012). This one is a "Letter Before Action" saying my account will be progressed to their pre-litigation department, mentions their solicitors MAY commence legal action "around 8th June 2012" (yesterday lol!). Mentions "Order of the Court", "Warrant of Execution" and then goes on to threaten all the things Bailiffs will do to me, removing my possessions, extra fees etc. etc. Then they tell me that to avoid this action I should call them.

27/06/2012 - Letter received thanking me for my recent correspondence. My account is "on-hold" while they investigate my complaint in line with their in-house procedure. They'll be in contact with me with the results of their findings. They've kindly enclosed a copy of their "Complaints Handling Leaflet" for my information.
                            30/06/2012 - Letter received from Mr Hawkes the Complaints Officer. They have sent me the same express application, unsigned CCA and statements dating back to 2005 that I showed Niddy. Instead of typing it all out I have taken a pic and uploaded it below.
                            19/07/2012 - Letter received including same Express application (signed by me) and unsigned CCA. They have highlighted some info this time around
                            25/08/2012 - Same letter, with bits highlighted (as per 19th July). This time they tell me the FOS wouldn't be able to uphold any complaint I made. Wonder how they know that? Anyway, nothing new here really, they are just repeating themselves now. They've even enclosed ANOTHER copy of the application, unsigned Ts&Cs and 5 years worth of statements.
                            14/09/2012 - Letter received informing me that my account is being processed for legal action. I have been selected for this "one time solution" to settle my account. It's "not a gimmick" or "nothing sinister" and I can "save a considerable amount of money doing so". I have to pay a minimum payment each month and they will credit my account with 30% of the payment I make. They hope I "seriously consider this and make the right choice".

06/10/2012 - Letter received from the infamous Marcus Butterworth "Litigation Department". As I'm aware they've communicated with me over a period of time to resolve this without the need for legal action. Warns me costs will be applied if they succeed in obtaining judgement. My case may be passed to their solicitors on or around the 16th October. Then he goes on to say that he isn't demanding payment in full and he's open to suggestion from me... And, if I contact them before the 16th, they will offer a settlement figure (around £1300 less than the original balance - yet I've already paid more than that off in installments since 2008 - they are chasing the original amount and haven't taken into account what I've already paid!!) to clear the account, which I can pay in 3 monthly installments.
                            10/10/2012 - Sent one liner referring them to my Final response letter dated 20/07/2012.
                            17/10/2012 - 7:45pm Phone call on my work mobile. Call rejected. Voice mail left informing me Capquest had tried to contact me and may contact me later.
                            29/10/2012 - Letter received apologising for any inconvenience and they've removed all telephone numbers for me from my "account".
                            05/09/2013 - Letter from past Due telling me I haven't paid the debt and I may get more letters and my credit may be affected in the future. ooh, scary! In fact Capquest already defaulted me and it dropped off my file nearly 2 years ago.

Comment

Status: Default dropped off credit file October 2011

05/09/2013 - Letter from past Due telling me I haven't paid the debt and I may get more letters and my credit may be affected in the future. ooh, scary! In fact Capquest already defaulted me and it dropped off my file nearly 2 years ago.
                              Amazing how they always say MAY not June in their letters./?

Comment

I like June, she sounds friendly!

Comment

Working...
                                X