GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Squirrelnutkin UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squirrelnutkin UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squirrelnutkin UE Diary

Originally posted by Squirrelnutkin View Post
    "instructed by our client to collect the above outstanding balance on their behalf". The letter informs me that to avoid Wescot taking further action I must either pay the debt in full or to contact them.
    If Wescot are only collecting on behalf of Barclaycard then 'further action' means send more letters or hand the debt back to Barclaycard.

They cannot take legal action against you on their own unless they have been given absolute assignment of the debt.

In other words - more DCA hot air and legalese.

Best

SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks to you both-your advice is much appreciated!

Comment

If its any help I had the same letter from Bryan Carter (different OC though) and did not reply within the 14 days, next letter was from Fredericksons saying last chance pay up or we really really will take court action!
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Thanks Susie...that's very reassuring!

Comment

Me too Susie, just the same and they still haven't taken any action.

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Re Mint : I sent the letter you suggested to Fredrickson by 1st class signed for on 29th June...I checked the tracking and it was not actually delivered until 4th July (PO box so possibly not able to get signature before?). I yesterday received a letter form Bryan Carter solicitors dated 1st July as follows:

"Payment must be made in full within the next 14 days failing which we will recommend to our client that proceedings will be issued without further notice.

Should proceedings be issued additional charges will be added etc (with the usual chart showing the court costs etc)

If you dispute liability for this debt please state your reasons in writing and supply us with documents in support of your defence to any claim.

Before the account is referred to us to litigate you still have am opportunity to contact Fredrickson etc

This is a serious matter and you may wish to seek independent legal advice."

Do I send any response to Bryan Carter or leave it as their letter was clearly sent before my own letter to Fredrickson was received?

Fredrickson were still ringing (daily) and leaving messages on answerphone as of yesterday despite having received my letter the day before.

Also re Barclaycard I appear to have a shiny new DCA! Received a letter from Wescot dated 28th June saying they have been "instructed by our client to collect the above outstanding balance on their behalf". The letter informs me that to avoid Wescot taking further action I must either pay the debt in full or to contact them.

Barclaycard have not sent anything in response to my request for a CCA other than acknowledgement of receipt of the request. Debt was previously being dealt with by Apex Credit Management.

Thanks as always!
              Just ignore it as previously advised, it's obviously crossed in the post - keep an eye on things and see what happens yea
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OK...have received another letter from Fredrickson re Mint dated 7th July and stating:

"Thank you for your recent communication.

Our client has instructed us that if you require copy statements or a copy of your agreement detailing how your balance has accrued, or any other data protection request the you will need to write to them direct at the following address:

Data Protection Requests etc.

Please note that you will need to send a covering letter specifically stating what it is you require and enclose a cheque or postal order for £10.00 made payable to RBS."

Have also received letter from Wescot re Barclaycard dated 11th July (received 14th July) as follows:

"Final Demand

Our latest enquiries have confirmed that you are still resident at this address but we have not received a reply to our previous correspondence.

Unless you contact us to agree repayment of £3,141,91 within the next 10 days, further collection activity will be taken to recover the full outstanding balance.

Please do not ignore this letter as this could result in further action being taken to recover the debt, which may include:

1. Either us or our client taking legal action against you through the courts. If legal proceedings are issued and a Judgement or Decree is obtained against you, court fees and legal costs could increase the amount you owe.

2, Referring your debt to a Door Step Collection Agency to carry out a Collections Visit at your home.

It is very important that you take IMMEDIATE action etc..."

This outfit also rang me at 7.59 this morning (Saturday) and left a message on my answerphone waking me up

Comment

Don't panic SquirrelN. Wescot are the proverbial pain in the backside where Barclaycard are concerned. Even their own solicitors sent one of our acccounts back to them before close of business the same day when threatened with an appearance before the SRA for professional misconduct. I have recieved three "FINAL WARNINGS" since in big red letters and Friday they are coming to collect our doorstep for the umpteeth time.l

The real problem is that they employ staff who just cannot read. If you have an IQ above 65 then you have failed their interview. I now just ignore. But in your case they have threatened legal action when they are not entitled to and cannot take, hence Niddy may well advise a template letter in their shell like lugholes.

regards
                  Garlok
                  Last edited by garlok; 18 July 2011, 14:43.

Comment

Just ignore all letters for the moment, nothing worth replying to
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: Squirrelnutkin UE Diary

Thanks Niddy-will do

Comment

Thanks Niddy-will do
                        Keep us updated

Comment

HI Niddy

Ok two more letters received:

One from Wescot in respect of Mint dated 19 July-they appear to have taken case on now (was previously Fredrickson) and have written that

"We have been instructed by our client to collect the above outstanding balance on their behalf.

To avoid Wescot taking further action you must

1. Pay debt in full or 2. Contact us

Please contact us as soon as possible as failure to do so will result in further recovery action.

Etc"

Wescot are now dealing with 2 of my accounts.

Have also received a letter dated 22 July in respect of Barclaycard , which is the other account being handled by Wescot. This letter however is from Nelson Guest and Partners Solicitors and states:

We are instructed by Wescot Credit Services acting on behalf of Barclays in connection with the above outstanding balance.

Whilst Wescot is still willing to consider realistic options for repayment based on your personal circumstances, this matter cannot remain outstanding any longer. Unless full payment is made to Wescot or a suitable repayment plan is agreed, within 10 days of the date of this letter, further recovery activity will be undertaken.

To prevent further action, please telephone etc"

Do I need to respond to either? Many thanks as always.

Comment

Just ignore both for now
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Hi everyone...

Yet another letter arrived from Wescot today, in respect of Mint.

It is headed Final Notice and reads:

"Our latest enquiries have now confirmed that you are still resident at his address but we have not received a reply to our previous correspondence.

Unless you contact us to agree repayment of £3,458.76 within the next 10 days, further activity will be taken to recover the full outstanding balance.

Please do not ignore this letter as this could result in further action being taken to recover the debt, which may include:

1 Either us or our client taking legal action against you through the courts. If legal proceedings are issued and a judgement or Decree is obtained against you, court fees and legal costs could increase the amount you owe.

2 Referring your debt to a Door Step Collection Agency to carry out a Collections Visit at your home.

Yours etc"

Can I ignore this one too?

Comment

Working...
                                X