GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Squirrelnutkin UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squirrelnutkin UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squirrelnutkin UE Diary

Hi Niddy,

So sorry-I somehow missed that you had replied despite checking forum regularly, goodness knows how.

You asked why I was panicking? It was because of the volume of calls/letters I was getting I'm afraid. I have a lot else to cope with and sometimes it gets a bit much but I will try not to let it get to me in future.

I am sorry about the zip files-do you want me to send any of the stuff again or did you work it all out? (I am afraid I am not good on PC and got one of my sons to prepare the documents for me and just sent over what they had sent to me). I will also send stuff in separate emails-my mistake.

RBS Mint I will send you a copy of the Fredrickson letter. [revision-see post below] I don't think debt has been sold to them but passed to them to manage (as they talk about their "clients") so I guess a different letter required? Or does it count as same whether sold or passed for management?

Barclaycard Another letter received from Apex Credit Manangement today this time threatening home visit. Do I still ignore? This is account where Barclays have acknowledged my CCA request but then sent nothing...

Masterloan I am sorry, I must have misunderstood what you meant-you said in your previous post about this that I should either negotiate with Debt Managers (as debt is enforceable) or blag it, it was up to me what I did with it? So I wrote to them and offered very small token payments, which they have now accepted.

Capital One I will send the letter to Capquest today. <I was just preparing the letter and realised template says that the lender "failed to acknowledge my CCA request". Capital One did actually send "reconsitituted" CCA which you have deemed UE...is there a different letter for this circumstance?

Thanks Niddy.
    Last edited by Squirrelnutkin; 24 January 2011, 11:55. Reason: Revision

Comment

Niddy,

Further to my post above, I have decided to type out contents of letter form Frederickson regarding the Mint account as can't sent it at the moment-here it is:

"DO NOT IGNORE-IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

We are instructed by MINT to collect the above debt which is now seriously overdue.

You have failed to pay the balance of £3,458.76 which remains outstanding despite previous repeated requests for payment. Our client now requires payment in full to avoid further action.

YOU MUST CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY ON 0845 3136625 to discuss the matter further.

Payment should be made to FREDERICKSON INTERNATIONAL LTD etc

This is a serious matter and you may wish to seek independent legal advice.

Yours etc"

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrelnutkin View Post
        Barclaycard Another letter received from Apex Credit Manangement today this time threatening home visit. Do I still ignore? This is account where Barclays have acknowledged my CCA request but then sent nothing...
        Regards to Apex, send this: ---> Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit Template

Masterloan I am sorry, I must have misunderstood what you meant-you said in your previous post about this that I should either negotiate with Debt Managers (as debt is enforceable) or blag it, it was up to me what I did with it? So I wrote to them and offered very small token payments, which they have now accepted.
        Okies - thanks for explaining.....

Capital One I will send the letter to Capquest today. <I was just preparing the letter and realised template says that the lender "failed to acknowledge my CCA request". Capital One did actually send "reconsitituted" CCA which you have deemed UE...is there a different letter for this circumstance?
        Yep, they are threatening court - also an UE agreement means they have not complied with your s.78 request, to comply means they send a compliant agreement! Send this: ---> Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy,

Further to my post above, I have decided to type out contents of letter form Frederickson regarding the Mint account as can't sent it at the moment-here it is:

"DO NOT IGNORE-IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

We are instructed by MINT to collect the above debt which is now seriously overdue.

You have failed to pay the balance of £3,458.76 which remains outstanding despite previous repeated requests for payment. Our client now requires payment in full to avoid further action.

YOU MUST CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY ON 0845 3136625 to discuss the matter further.

Payment should be made to FREDERICKSON INTERNATIONAL LTD etc

This is a serious matter and you may wish to seek independent legal advice.

Yours etc"
          Serious eh?

Have they sent a CCA before, what did I say about it? In any case, you should be sending this back asap to stop them in their tracks: ---> Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Thank you for reply!

All suggested letters sent off this afternoon.

Re Mint

Yes they sent a "CCA" which I emailed to you on 29th December...you said in your post of 5th Jan that it was an application form and I wrote to them as you suggested...they responded with the letter which I emailed to you on 18th Jan... and by passing account to Fredrickson.

Re Barclaycard

Do I need to write to Apex to actually inform them that I am in dispute with Barclaycard since the latter has not responded to my CCA request? (I have not spoken to or written to Apex about this at all other than the letter sent today warning them against home visit).
            Last edited by Squirrelnutkin; 24 January 2011, 11:55. Reason: Update

Comment

Re Mint
              Yes they sent a "CCA" which I emailed to you on 29th December...you said in your post of 5th Jan that it was an application form and I wrote to them as you suggested...they responded with the letter which I emailed to you on 18th Jan... and by passing account to Frederickson.
              Okies - thanks for clearing this up.... As previously advised, send this: ---> Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action

Re Barclaycard
              Do I need to write to Apex to actually inform them that I am in dispute with Barclaycard since the latter has not responded to my CCA request? (I have not spoken to or written to Apex about this at all other than the letter sent today warning them against home visit).
              Nope! They'll find out soon enough - as you already sent a letter then hold fire til they respond to you about that then we'll address Apex, yea?

Comment

Niddy,

Just to clarify re the Barclaycard account, I sent the CCA request on 9th November, received acknowledgement from them on 17th November but then have heard nothing from them since. I have NOT written to them to chase it up, and they have now passed account to Apex.

I am just concerned in case they have sent a CCA out and it has gone astray in the post or something-should I not point out to them that I have received nothing?
                I have not sent anything to either Barclaycard or Apex other than the letter you suggested on 21st Jan (Harrassment and Threat of Doorstep Visit letter).

It just feels as if I should let them know that I have NOT received the CCA...in case they HAVE sent it out; or point out to them that they have not fulfilled their obligation if they haven't!

Also, re the MBNA account (managed by Link) did you get a chance to look at the CCA I emailed over on 18th Jan? I forgot to ask about that one the other day!

Thanks as ever...
                Last edited by Squirrelnutkin; 24 January 2011, 15:46. Reason: Addition

Comment

Niddy,

Just to clarify re the Barclaycard account, I sent the CCA request on 9th November, received acknowledgement from them on 17th November but then have heard nothing from them since. I have NOT written to them to chase it up, and they have now passed account to Apex.

I am just concerned in case they have sent a CCA out and it has gone astray in the post or something-should I not point out to them that I have received nothing?
                  I have not sent anything to either Barclaycard or Apex other than the letter you suggested on 21st Jan (Harrassment and Threat of Doorstep Visit letter).

It just feels as if I should let them know that I have NOT received the CCA...in case they HAVE sent it out; or point out to them that they have not fulfilled their obligation if they haven't!

Also, re the MBNA account (managed by Link) did you get a chance to look at the CCA I emailed over on 18th Jan? I forgot to ask about that one the other day!

Thanks as ever...
                  Do you send your letters recorded delivery? YES! Why? because if they put you to strict proof (in court) you'll have it - will they? Stop worrying, it is not for you to prove anything, they have not replied and you know what that means - it is unenforceable and stays like that til they do respond.

Think along the lines, we don't do their jobs for them - we help them mess up cos them doing so, helps us if they try and take action. Remember that yea?

Stop worrying, I do know what i'm doing believe it or not!

Comment

Hi Niddy,

I think worried is my default mode at the moment!

I know you know what you are doing-it's myself I don't trust, believe me!

I had been reading other people's diaries and noticed they had sent CCA reminders when they had not received one. I was worried in case I should have sent one of those to Barclaycard.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Hi Squirrelnutkin,

I have two outstanding CCA requests with Barclaycard from beggining of October last year and all I have received is a letter acknowledging my request for CCA and nothing more since.

As it stands the acc's are UE until they provide CCA - so at the mo I'm sitting back and waiting to see what happens next.

I too asked about the CCA reminder but NID said leave it don't do their jobs for them.

So I'll sit and wait
                      Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Hi October!

They have passed mine to a DCA called Apex, who threatened doorstep visit-that's why I was getting twitchy I think. It's great to hear from others in same boat-thank you.

I see you have one with MBNA like me too!

Comment

Hi Squirrelnutkin

sorry didn't realise they had passed to DCA . It just goes to prove what NID says that all diaries are different and that creditors don't always take the same route. My CCA requests to Barclaycard are a month older than yours and as I said I have not heard anything yet - I wonder if thats what will happen to me next .

I have 3 acc's with MBNA and are similar to Barclaycard - I've heard nothing since October when I sent CCA request, not even an acknowledgment.

Probably tempting fate now with them all .
                          Last edited by Oct Revolution; 25 January 2011, 18:05.
                          Oct Revolution

Any new updates to my diary will be highlighted in RED

Comment

Hi October!

They have passed mine to a DCA called Apex, who threatened doorstep visit-that's why I was getting twitchy I think. It's great to hear from others in same boat-thank you.

I see you have one with MBNA like me too!
                            hi welcome to the dca merry go round you be fine i started my un jurney oct 2008
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hi squirrel
                              know what you mean about twitchyness but honestly Nid knows exactly what he is doing. I am the panicky one here THATS MY JOB.Think about it it makes perfect sense we want them to cock up by not compling with things,so sit tight and do what Nid says t the letter.
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Niddy,

I think worried is my default mode at the moment!

I know you know what you are doing-it's myself I don't trust, believe me!

I had been reading other people's diaries and noticed they had sent CCA reminders when they had not received one. I was worried in case I should have sent one of those to Barclaycard.

Thanks once again.
                                Hiya, that template is there as an "add-on" and not really used that much to be fair..... don't worry, it's all in hand

Comment

Working...
                                X