GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DaveyBoys UE enquiry - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DaveyBoys UE enquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DaveyBoys UE enquiry

Thanks Pixie and in 2 deep. Sound advice as always. So now they've admitted no CCA does anybody think its worth a cheeky F&F to try and put this one to bed?

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a F&F. Until they can provide a compliant agreement it's UE so why pay anything if you don't need to? It's unlikely that they'd settle for a low F&F anyway as it's with the first dca. Of course, it's your decision.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveyBoy View Post
        Thanks Pixie and in 2 deep. Sound advice as always. So now they've admitted no CCA does anybody think its worth a cheeky F&F to try and put this one to bed?
        I Wouldn't I would just leave it...........
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks again Pixie. The only reason for me thinkng about F&F is because the accunt defaulted in 2007 so in theory drops off my credit file next year. I'm wanting to move house when CF improves but dont want mysterious debit searches/traces starting to appear on my CF. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I have got 1 debt currently enforceable so it does make sense to use any F&F funds to deal with this 1st. Is it common place for DCA'S to do Debit search/Traces and is it possible to get these removed?

Comment

i dont think you can get a search removed on your credit file, and i dont even think a search harms your credit file, its only if you have applied for credit and its been declined, is when it hurts your credit file.

Comment

Cahoot

Flexible Loan
                Commenced Feb 2003
                Balance outstanding £5,200
                Last Full Payment Oct 2006 i think
                Been on DMP since Jan 2007
                Default May 2007
                Owner Now Santander

Feb 2012 - CCA Request Sent
                Feb 2012 - CCA Recieved
                Emailed Niddy
                March 2012 - Niddy says nearly always
                March 2012- Missing prescribed terms letter sent
                Letter recieved from Santander head of collections stating concerns about payments not been recieved for some time. If I dont contact them within 7 days they will asume account is no longer being managed by a third party and furher action taken to recover outstanding amount.
                I've not had any respone to the missing prescribed terms letter sent in March

Comment

see what they say - you replied, that's the main thing
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Barclays

Loan
                    Commenced Jan 2006
                    Balance outstanding £10,000
                    Default Feb 2007
                    Owner Still Barclays

Feb 2012 - CCA Recieved
                    Emailed Niddy
                    Feb 2012 - Niddy says
                    June 2012 - Letter recieved off Barclays CDCS - We can confirm we are in reciept of an offer of payment of ........ from your appointed representative. An arrangement has been set for the repayment of the remaining balance of ........... . Under this arrangement you should make monthly payment with effect from July 2012 until the outsanding balance is repaid or the agreement is changed. You can make additional payments but must continue to make the agreed monthly payment. Please note accepting your offer is a concession on our part, does not change our legal right to enforce this debt and is not a new or change to the existing contract. The arrangemnt is reviewed every 12 months but we reserve the right to review at any time when we may decide to end or renegotiate it. Details of this arrangement with be registered with licensed CRA's. This may impact your credit rating although it will demonstrate that you do intend to meet your obligations over time, increased payments will reduce the balance more quickly, early completion may improve your credit rating. Failure to make agreed payments can result in the arrangement failing and the remaining balance being sold to a DCA or in legal proceedings being taken.
                    Enforceable but time to blag with a missing prescribed terms letter? I Stopped paying the DMP in March
                    Last edited by DaveyBoy; 1 June 2012, 10:16.

Comment

I've also had the same letter in relation to my Barclays overdraft which was also part of the DMP
                      Last edited by DaveyBoy; 1 June 2012, 10:18.

Comment

Enforceable but time to blag with a missing prescribed terms letter? I Stopped paying the DMP in March
                        are you sure the dmp aint collecting cash from your account

If not just ignore and see what happens
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy. The standing order was cancelled to payplan in March and none of my creditors have had a penny off me since. The letters are strange as ive made no effort to contact anybody or make offers of payment since.
                          Cheers

Comment

Hi Niddy. The standing order was cancelled to payplan in March and none of my creditors have had a penny off me since. The letters are strange as ive made no effort to contact anybody or make offers of payment since.
                            Cheers
                            ahh well, lets see what happens yea? Muppets

Comment

Barclays

Loan
                              Commenced Jan 2006
                              Balance outstanding £10,000
                              Default Feb 2007
                              Owner Still Barclays

Feb 2012 - CCA Recieved
                              Emailed Niddy
                              Feb 2012 - Niddy says
                              Mar 2012 - Stopped paying DMP
                              June 2012 - Letter recieved off Barclays CDCS - We can confirm we are in reciept of an offer of payment of ........ from your appointed representative. An arrangement has been set for the repayment of the remaining balance of ........... . Under this arrangement you should make monthly payment with effect from July 2012 until the outsanding balance is repaid or the agreement is changed. You can make additional payments but must continue to make the agreed monthly payment. Please note accepting your offer is a concession on our part, does not change our legal right to enforce this debt and is not a new or change to the existing contract. The arrangemnt is reviewed every 12 months but we reserve the right to review at any time when we may decide to end or renegotiate it. Details of this arrangement with be registered with licensed CRA's. This may impact your credit rating although it will demonstrate that you do intend to meet your obligations over time, increased payments will reduce the balance more quickly, early completion may improve your credit rating. Failure to make agreed payments can result in the arrangement failing and the remaining balance being sold to a DCA or in legal proceedings being taken..........IGNORED
                              All been quiet on the western front until today when Barclays CDCS write telling me their records tell them there is an arrangement in place for the above account to recieve repayment of no less than £x per month. Our records show no payment recieved since March. In order for this arrangement to continue, any outstanding payments must be madae asap. Any further missed payments will lead to this arrangement being made invalid and the account returned to active recoveries. This can have a significant effect on your credit rating. If you have made payments to your debt advice agency you should contact them asap to discuss this position.

All looks very standard template type letter so take it I ignore? Also had the same letter regarding Barclays Overdraft

Cheers all

Comment

I'd not worry too much at this stage.....

Comment

Working...
                                X